Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Wallet Is Empty.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Depends who you listen to i suppose, Crafty and his pots of gold from up there in Warrington or something from just a mile or two down the road. Then again i suspect i know who you would choose to listen to.Oh and Duncan it''s all quiet round my neck of the woods since an extended family moved to Mile Cross. I don''t feel too guilty either getting my state pension in October now the bread winner in that family has a proper job.[;)][/quote]Nah, they''ll stop all this pension rubbish for all these here spongeing baby boomers now we''ve brexited according to some on here.  You can forget all that Til.  Workhouse for you matey.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Depends who you listen to i suppose, Crafty and his pots of gold from up there in Warrington or something from just a mile or two down the road. Then again i suspect i know who you would choose to listen to.Oh and Duncan it''s all quiet round my neck of the woods since an extended family moved to Mile Cross. I don''t feel too guilty either getting my state pension in October now the bread winner in that family has a proper job.[;)][/quote]Nah, they''ll stop all this pension rubbish for all these here spongeing baby boomers now we''ve brexited according to some on here.  You can forget all that Til.  Workhouse for you matey.[;)]

Despite people going on about we had no external debt in the last accounts we did have a big increase in accruals (money owed to others) £14m.

Add about £13m - £14m (net) on transfers and say £5m for Colney upgrade (if its happened).

So £32m - £33m is easily affordable by a season in the Premiership.

Hence I''m not surprised to read that there is £10m in the kitty before any player sales or parachute money is considered.

BTW. does anybody know if the Colney upgrade has happened or in progress?

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Despite people going on about we had no external debt in the last accounts we did have a big increase in accruals (money owed to others) £14m.

Add about £13m - £14m (net) on transfers and say £5m for Colney upgrade (if its happened).

So £32m - £33m is easily affordable by a season in the Premiership.

Hence I''m not surprised to read that there is £10m in the kitty before any player sales or parachute money is considered.

BTW. does anybody know if the Colney upgrade has happened or in progress?[/quote]

Stage 1 completed. All toilets now have those Dyson Airblade hand dryers.

Pritchard free then was he?

We have money and have spent it, the issue is deeper than that people need to realise

Stone said we''d spent most of our money in January, so Tilly was spot on, sell to buy.

Still those in are a good improvement, Canos, Pritchard & Oliviera for Redders, can''t complain about that.

Unless we are paying silly wages or Delia is pocketing our parachute payments, I find it hard to believe the ''wallet is empty''. We''ve been in the Premier League for four of the last five seasons so we should have cash available.

If the ''wallet is empty'' then serious questions need to be asked.

You only need to look at wages over the past five seasons to see where the money has gone.

When promoted pretty sure all players would have picked up a hefty bonus.

[quote user="Buh"]Who did we sell to buy 5.5m oliveira?[/quote]Interesting figure you have pulled from somewhere but let''s go along with that. Redmond income £11 million but Canos £2.5 million and Pritchard for £8 million kind of means we are looking for £5 ish million. Get rid of Vadis and the wages of RVW and you could almost say we have balanced the books and to quote Clem on BBC Deadline Day last night at 10.45pm '' Norwich City have broken even this summer ''.Now Buh i think that must mean we have our original transfer budget for this summer plus the £20 million initial parachute payment received in July sitting in the bank unless you can tell me otherwise.Christ on a bike i cannot even begin to think what we threw at Naismith in January that Sunderland could not match yesterday !I will stand by my original much maligned original post. Some people need to read it carefully again.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Buh"]Who did we sell to buy 5.5m oliveira?[/quote]Interesting figure you have pulled from somewhere but let''s go along with that. Redmond income £11 million but Canos £2.5 million and Pritchard for £8 million kind of means we are looking for £5 ish million. Get rid of Vadis and the wages of RVW and you could almost say we have balanced the books and to quote Clem on BBC Deadline Day last night at 10.45pm '' Norwich City have broken even this summer ''.Now Buh i think that must mean we have our original transfer budget for this summer plus the £20 million initial parachute payment received in July sitting in the bank unless you can tell me otherwise.Christ on a bike i cannot even begin to think what we threw at Naismith in January that Sunderland could not match yesterday !I will stand by my original much maligned original post. Some people need to read it carefully again.[/quote]In terms of wages we have permanently offloaded five first-team squad members (O''Neil, Redmond, Kean, van Wolfswinkel and Odjidja-Ofoe) and gained five (Canos, McGovern, Jones, Pritchard and Oliveira) so that would appear to be roughly level-pegging. We have also sent two out on loan, but then there may be a free-agent signing to come to balance that up. As for transfer fees there seems to be a clear overspend of some millions above what we received. I don''t know who Clem is, but on the face of it that doesn''t look like breaking even by only spending what we got in.

What you are not factoring in to the equation is the way that football players are purchased and sold. It is not always hard cash but often involves other types of securities and debt instruments. A headline figure doesn''t always equate to cash in the bank per se. irrespective of that the club is run on a very tight basis and as such excess financial commitments on a speculative basis is not going to happen. This is where serious wealth will always win over prudence as the likes of Abramovich and his ilk can lavish millions and not miss it. There are more sophisticated means of leveraging the balance sheet and de-risking but i dont think NCFC have any interest in this at all. i wonder if this post will make it through as others havent for some reason....

As most our transfers have been undisclosed how do we really know how much net spending there''s been?

On face value bar a couple million either way it''s pretty much sell to buy!

Do you not think our wages have been drastically reduced then Purple? Mbokani, RVW, O''Neil, Vadis, Kean, & Redmond on par with the five you''ve mentioned, I can''t see it myself, I''m pretty sure there would be big reduction, but just my opinion. Would be great to know!

Theres a marked difference in realising the obvious deficit after relegation, and implying we have no money to spend.The board deserve a lot of credit for getting out the other end of the transfer window, basically only having sold Redmond, who wanted to go anyway.And take away all your whining about the other striker you wanted, and we have actually bought some pretty exciting players.

Some incredibly simplistic fag packet accounting going on here, which miss the many variables in modern transfers, and the whole concept of finances. Let''s be honest it''s all guesswork based on assumptions.

[quote user="morty"]Theres a marked difference in realising the obvious deficit after relegation, and implying we have no money to spend.The board deserve a lot of credit for getting out the other end of the transfer window, basically only having sold Redmond, who wanted to go anyway.And take away all your whining about the other striker you wanted, and we have actually bought some pretty exciting players.[/quote]Some good stuff in that post......Four out of five seasons in the Premiership and we should be realise the obviousness of a deficit.Redmond wanted to go anyway ? I must have missed him stomping his feet and making his feeling known he wanted to leave.Whining about a striker YOU wanted ! There was me thinking 25,000 wanted additional strength up front.Just as i thinking Doomcaster and Munby were the doctors of spin along comes Morty.

Nothing much gets past you detective Tilson...http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/nathan_redmond_admits_his_progress_depended_on_leaving_norwich_city_1_4690099

Nobody ever got vilified for predicting the worst case scenario.

I am watching Reading vs Bin right now and my Christ what they would give for our problems. If you want a laugh, check the away end.

[quote user="morty"]Nothing much gets past you detective Tilson...http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/nathan_redmond_admits_his_progress_depended_on_leaving_norwich_city_1_4690099[/quote]Yep an article nicked by the Pink Un from a south coast paper where Redmond was saying all the right things for the benefit of his new employers so please tell me where he actively said he wanted to leave Norwich City ? Yes it was good business where it allowed us to bring in those exciting new young players you talk of in Canos & Pritchard.  Where would that money have come from had Redmond stayed put ?

I think when against Watford Redmond decided to do a passable impression of Ronaldo, followed by his U21 performances, you could say he turned it on when he wanted to.