Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Wallet Is Empty.

IF we don''t have much money then what we have we should spend on good quality coaching staff. Adding another bit part or utility type player will make b****r all difference in the scheme of things. Spending all our cash on a couple of really top coaches will improve the entire squad and get the decent players that we do have left playing to their potential, in the right positions and most of all, as a team.

Well i did say right at the start that i would get jumped and as i was typing those words i had somebody in mind so was somewhat disappointed in a way that it took him 3 pages to get into his stride but 9 posts later i hope he feels so much better. Liking a stupid baseless insulting post from Pompey Canary and posting a smiley on Hoola Han Solo''s post kind of sets out his agenda. Yep i got GoPro wrong but then again i did flag up The Galway Roast two weeks before that became official however it is noted that no comment was passed on that thread. It looks like tittle tattle from anonymous sources can prove correct.The irony of posting shouting one''s mouth off on an internet forum is not lost on me either.Pot,kettle and black springs immediately to mind when i think of derailed threads and personal abuse dished out but hey do as i say not as i do seems the order of the day.The last time i looked this message board is to discuss all things Norwich City and the information that we cannot buy unless we sell and the inclusion that Clarke at Villa is sniffing around his old scout who has only recently been appointed here i felt was worth a fresh topic. Maybe if the person who so obviously has an agenda to play the man and not the ball added to the discussion instead of setting his sights on me concerning signings and back room staff i would not be posting this.Oh ! Morty when would you like to go for that pint ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Well i did say right at the start that i would get jumped and as i was typing those words i had somebody in mind so was somewhat disappointed in a way that it took him 3 pages to get into his stride but 9 posts later i hope he feels so much better. Liking a stupid baseless insulting post from Pompey Canary and posting a smiley on Hoola Han Solo''s post kind of sets out his agenda. Yep i got GoPro wrong but then again i did flag up The Galway Roast two weeks before that became official however it is noted that no comment was passed on that thread. It looks like tittle tattle from anonymous sources can prove correct.The irony of posting shouting one''s mouth off on an internet forum is not lost on me either.Pot,kettle and black springs immediately to mind when i think of derailed threads and personal abuse dished out but hey do as i say not as i do seems the order of the day.The last time i looked this message board is to discuss all things Norwich City and the information that we cannot buy unless we sell and the inclusion that Clarke at Villa is sniffing around his old scout who has only recently been appointed here i felt was worth a fresh topic. Maybe if the person who so obviously has an agenda to play the man and not the ball added to the discussion instead of setting his sights on me concerning signings and back room staff i would not be posting this.Oh ! Morty when would you like to go for that pint ?[/quote]I have no interest in drinking with you fella, your endless whining has become intolerable.

I find the wallet is empty line very hard to believe.

If we spent all we had in January then we didn''t have much considering we also sold Grabban - which sort of pays most of Klose or all of Naismith.

I don''t, wages, fees, Cat 1 for another 3 years, improvement to Colney, running costs, all adds up.

I''m sure there will be players in, but we''re now just over 6 weeks to kick off and no one through the door yet.

The last few days linking us to players have all had questionable sources!

Brady will be gone and I hope to see Laffs, Mulumbu, RVW & Turner out the door to free up funds for a two or three players.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]apologies Til, my post was in jest. Not got an agenda like some others.[/quote][Y]

Til 1010 wrote:

Oh ! Morty when would you like to go for that pint?

Don''t be silly Til, they don''t to teats on bottles in a man''s pub!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Til 1010 wrote:

Oh ! Morty when would you like to go for that pint?

Don''t be silly Til, they don''t to teats on bottles in a man''s pub![/quote]Bless, check you out being all E-hard.[:)]

Having just caught up with this thread it appears there are some so blind that they cannot see. Now what did i say about do as i say not as i do ?

Love the "silly season" banter....

I am sure there is less money for transfers, but you have got to ask where did the "so called" playoff money go because we didn''t buy big last season "£34mil" and took transfer fees in excess of £19mil for Johnson, Grabban, Hooper, Bennett & McGeehan.

There is a lot of scaremongering and propaganda flying around but i will agree "there is no smoke without fire", i am trying to lean more to the positive and believe AN is trying to build a more youthful squad with some vintage surrounding them to hasten their growth into top footballers (the Man U way under Fergie). Of course we don''t want to see our club back in the doldrums after such a positive 7 years but we must accept that the club has probably started to focus on a new vision for moving forward and the choices we have as fans is to either "get on board" as we have solidly for 7 years and more or remove our bums from the seats of CR!!

I say stick with it and you see the results of the new vision before January 2017 OTBC

One of my neighbours is a very good friend of a chap who has a seat in the directors'' box and is on very good terms with Delia and MWJ. I have met this gent and his wife as they often come North to visit my neighbour so I know he is not a bogus friend of a friend.

He tells my neighbour that there is £10 million in he kitty before any income from transfer fees. I believe this also excludes parachute money due for this season.

This would seem to indicate that the wallet is far from empty. £11 million for Redmond and even more for Brady would make for a very healthy total.

I am just relaying what I have been told so no abuse please from the usual culprits.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]One of my neighbours is a very good friend of a chap who has a seat in the directors'' box and is on very good terms with Delia and MWJ. I have met this gent and his wife as they often come North to visit my neighbour so I know he is not a bogus friend of a friend.

He tells my neighbour that there is £10 million in he kitty before any income from transfer fees. I believe this also excludes parachute money due for this season.

This would seem to indicate that the wallet is far from empty. £11 million for Redmond and even more for Brady would make for a very healthy total.

I am just relaying what I have been told so no abuse please from the usual culprits.[/quote]Cheers[Y]

Thanks Crafty. Obviously much better gossip and tittle tattle is exchanged over posh garden fences rather than the Larkman. Were you pegging out the linen?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Thanks Crafty. Obviously much better gossip and tittle tattle is exchanged over posh garden fences rather than the Larkman. Were you pegging out the linen?[/quote]

Pegging out the linen? Is that a euphemism for something else? I can''t keep up with all the modern lingo.

So £10 million already in the bank plus £11 million for Redmond plus a probable further £12 million for Brady makes £33 million for the transfer budget. Add to that little lot the parachute payment this season which should balance for books for off field activities and it all makes for a transfer bonanza.£33 million to spend so our transfer records must be in danger in the next few weeks. Looking forward to that.

Unfortunately even if you have a £33 million budget you 
1) Don''t spend it all in one window
2) Have to take into account wages (£5 mill transfer with 30k a week wages over 3 years is around £10 mill outlay).
3) Tend to utilise your budget accordingly. I would think it would be daft to blow that kind of money in this league, when you''re not going to attract proven Premier League talent.

To be fair to Tilly, it must be difficult to accurately hear the tittle tattle in the Larkman because of the noise pollution.

Screeching tires, the screaming kids, the screaming kids of the screaming kids, police sirens, trolleys smashing into cars, that there "hip-hop" type music and hooded youths shouting obscenities at the old folk.

It''s not hard to see how he could mishear the gossip over the fence is it?😉

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]To be fair to Tilly, it must be difficult to accurately hear the tittle tattle in the Larkman because of the noise pollution.

Screeching tires, the screaming kids, the screaming kids of the screaming kids, police sirens, trolleys smashing into cars, that there "hip-hop" type music and hooded youths shouting obscenities at the old folk.

It''s not hard to see how he could mishear the gossip over the fence is it?😉[/quote][:)]So we''re saying the wallet isn''t actually empty now, are we?

Depends who you listen to i suppose, Crafty and his pots of gold from up there in Warrington or something from just a mile or two down the road. Then again i suspect i know who you would choose to listen to.Oh and Duncan it''s all quiet round my neck of the woods since an extended family moved to Mile Cross. I don''t feel too guilty either getting my state pension in October now the bread winner in that family has a proper job.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Depends who you listen to i suppose, Crafty and his pots of gold from up there in Warrington or something from just a mile or two down the road. Then again i suspect i know who you would choose to listen to.Oh and Duncan it''s all quiet round my neck of the woods since an extended family moved to Mile Cross. I don''t feel too guilty either getting my state pension in October now the bread winner in that family has a proper job.[;)][/quote]Nah, they''ll stop all this pension rubbish for all these here spongeing baby boomers now we''ve brexited according to some on here.  You can forget all that Til.  Workhouse for you matey.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Depends who you listen to i suppose, Crafty and his pots of gold from up there in Warrington or something from just a mile or two down the road. Then again i suspect i know who you would choose to listen to.Oh and Duncan it''s all quiet round my neck of the woods since an extended family moved to Mile Cross. I don''t feel too guilty either getting my state pension in October now the bread winner in that family has a proper job.[;)][/quote]Nah, they''ll stop all this pension rubbish for all these here spongeing baby boomers now we''ve brexited according to some on here.  You can forget all that Til.  Workhouse for you matey.[;)]