Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

First Six Games

Blackburn Rovers.....(A)Shef W..... (H)Bristol C..... (H)Ipswich T......(A)B''ham C.....(A)Cardiff C.....(H)How many points do you see us getting?Tough start. Blackburn under Coyle will be well up for it. (L)Shef W. Play-off finalists and big spenders will be wanting to go one better and will see us a a big scalp. (D)Brizzle. Have been spending well and I expect to be in the top half. (D)Scum know they are due a win against us.  (L)Brum is always a tough place to go. (D)Cardiff may be our first win. (W)I can only see six points from our first six games. How about you? 

Balckburn (D) opening day and all that.

SheffW (H) 1ST game at CR expect us to win.

Bristol C (H) If we don''t, we won''t make playoffs!

Scum (A) easy 3 points

Brum (D) tough game, but could if have momentum win it.

Cardiff (H)

14 points, am i an optimist, will settle for 12 but expect to get the 14 !!

The only game I fear this this season Newcastle at ST James'' Park.......I expect us to go into every other game with the mindset that we should be able to win.

If we''re worrying about the likes of Bristol City and Sheff Weds at home, we''re struggling!

I expect 4 wins , a draw and possibly one loss from that lot...

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Bit of a defeatist OP that.[/quote]

Lapps tends to be a right sarcastic sausage so i expect he''s p*ssing about. I reckon;

Blackburn (a) D

Sheff Wed (h) D

Bristol C (h) W

Scum (a) W

Brum (a) L (a typical let down after beating Scum)

Cardiff (h) W

What''s point in guessing. Alot of business to be done between now and then. Some of them might get off to be absolute flyers or stinkers.

Unusually negative from the OP. If you don''t think we can get three points from the likes of Blackburn and Birmingham then you can''t be too big on our chances of going up?

I''d be aiming for a minimum of 10 points but hopefully more. None of those 6 are what is consider favourites for promotion (Sheffield Wednesday being the closest) and they are the kind of teams we need to be taking points off if we want top 2.

First six games ? look at the next games Wigan (H) Notts Forest (A) Burton (H) SOo from our first 9 games I''d say about 20 plus points

Lapps is surely being a tad ''naughty'' but it is an interesting question - there''s a good mix of fixtures in those 6 games. Hopefully we can hit the ground running, something like 12pts would probably do me.

Reading this thread it looks like all we have to do is turn up and promotion should be in the bag by New Years day.