Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Predictions for the coming season.

Newcastle and Sheffield for automaticDerby, Brighton,Villa, Cardiff, playoffsNorwich just outside the playoffs

If we start slow i think we''re in trouble. On the basis that many people aren''t happy with AN as manager and the atmosphere could descend very quickly around Carrow road.

Still waiting on who we sign before deciding how we''ll fair. Will be a lot tougher than most realise.

Between 12th and 16th. Cannot see us being in trouble at any stage of the season but at least one of the relegated teams will struggle and not do as expected. I am not as convinced as many on here that we are a top 2 or top 6 team. The transfer window might change my mind later.

But right now, mediocrity beckons.

There will be hell on this forum when things don''t go as expected but I think under-performance is fairly inevitable. A year of consolidation and occasional hope at times is what we can expect. Not being miserable just a realist. There are obvious gaps as many here have highlighted and the changes at board level all point to a club in transition. Bump this in March/April if anyone remembers it or to show me I was wrong.

[quote user="sonyc"]I think under-performance is fairly inevitable.[/quote]Not very inevitable?Just a little bit unavoidable?That''s a real shame, I paid a lot of money for my season ticket. I''m ever-so-slightly irreversibly disgusted about that.

Yes, some awkward phrasing there FTW! Lets hope the season ticket is worth the money. Your post made me smile

[quote user="sonyc"]Yes, some awkward phrasing there FTW! Lets hope the season ticket is worth the money. Your post made me smile[/quote]

Good. Do try to chin up a bit, eh? I''m not asking for full-blown optimism (a painful disease, that one), but suggesting we''re doomed to mid-table misery and then prognosticating about the ensuing forum meltdown really is a bit dramatic at this stage.

All depends on whether we actually sign a reliable striker. If we do, top 6 is the bare minimum.

Without this signing we rely on Wes, Naismith and jerome to score 12+ goals each. Which won''t happen so mid table 12th

My prediction is that every win will be because the other side was off form, every defeat will be greeted with tonnes of wailing and ranting on here, and the refs will be to blame for numerous errors they reserve especially for us.

Performance-wise I can''t see why we shouldn''t do pretty well - we''ve been here recently and imo have a better side than 2014/15, having kept the vast majority of our PL squad. Yes we need a striker, but assuming that happens top 6 or even top 2 should certainly not be beyond us. A good start could be a big help, but it isn''t the end of the world if we stutter a little.

17th.

There''ll be a North Sea surge so severe that Carrow Road will be flooded for months, we''ll play our home games at Sloughbottom instead.

Delia will sell up to that Di Stefano bloke, he''ll sign Ricky back to prove a point but he won''t.

Then there''ll be a cataclysmic storm, a huge sinkhole will open up and swallow Norwich City like the sarlacc thing in Star Wars.

All of which would have been completely avoidable had the board learned the lessons of previous seasons.

Fully expect Villa and Newcastle to take the top 2, I think we''ll get roughly 70-80 points, play off spot. AN has proven play off ability though so I have good hopes for that, but it''s a lottery at the end of the day.

Certainly enough for an above mid-table finish. Insufficient goals to trouble the playoffs. Will revisit the prediction if we get a couple of strikers in but we seem be reliving the failure of last August.

Newcastle and Derby for automatics.

At least Wednesday and Villa for playoffs.

Russell Martin for main scapegoat, closely followed by Whitts/Pinto (whoever''s playing right back at the time).

Apples

I''ve got Naismith as potential scapegoat. Martin, as you say, will be the main one again.

And Whittaker of course goes without saying

He''s so Muh if a scapegoat we might as well loan him to pettits at this point

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Great minds obviously think alike Herman:-) No idea what to think about tomorrow though except we seldom win the opening match...[/quote]
Especially when it''s being competed between Fulham and Newcastle.
;-)

I think we can finish 2nd behind Newcastle. Expect us to end up in the play-offs though and a lot of it depends on whether AN has learnt from his mistakes last season.

I can''t understand why people are so confident that Villa will do well, they need a complete overhaul and if they stay up they''ll of done well!

Last season , 1st week in Sept, i predicted relegation and 33 points, so i was close anyway. Ive been saying between 8th and 12th, 65 to 75 points for  many weeks already, not changing my opinion but will recheck end of transfer window.That would be a decent season for me, main priority  is finishing above them lot down the road.Top two....Newcastle then Wednesday.City bogey teams...Reading and Fulham.