Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Chief Exec serving notice?

This person must be really good guys. Long notice to serve.

Maybe we are waiting for Blair to clear Chilcott or even Corbyn''s availability.

Or maybe we have n''t a clue and are hunting down more midfielders. Lessons of last year so quickly forgotten!

most decent CEOs will have a 3-6 months notice period in their current contracts - so it could be a good sign that we havent got a permanent one in place yet...

Good joke Zipper! This is football remember with ''loads of money'' where the priority (as we learnt to our cost) last year is to have key people in place earliest.

I also predict that after half a dozen matches of the new season Irvine will take over on a temp basis pending hunting down new Manager - by end of season?

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Good joke Zipper! This is football remember with ''loads of money'' where the priority (as we learnt to our cost) last year is to have key people in place earliest. I also predict that after half a dozen matches of the new season Irvine will take over on a temp basis pending hunting down new Manager - by end of season?[/quote]

Is that just league matches or will it include friendlies and cup games?

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Good joke Zipper! This is football remember with ''loads of money'' where the priority (as we learnt to our cost) last year is to have key people in place earliest.

I also predict that after half a dozen matches of the new season Irvine will take over on a temp basis pending hunting down new Manager - by end of season?[/quote]
I''d much prefer it if you supported Derb.....oh wait, I think you do.

You misunderstand my point Parma.

I do not suggest that we do not pay well, people do not ''serve notice'' in this business, we cannot afford to wait - refer again last year!

More payment in lieu, applies.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]You misunderstand my point Parma. I do not suggest that we do not pay well, people do not ''serve notice'' in this business, we cannot afford to wait - refer again last year! More payment in lieu, applies.[/quote]

The new Sunderland Chief Exec officially started his new role on 1st July 2016, on the 25th May 2016 it was announced that he would be leaving his role at Maccabi Tel Aviv, that about a six week notice period.

I think the 1st July date is more due to that being the official start to the season, and the date most contracts are fixed to rather than it being a notice period.

For positions such as CEO there will sometimes be notice periods, there sometimes won''t - it really depends on where the CEO is coming from and if they consider him/her being in the role, whilst knowing they are changing roles in the future, is counter productive or not. They might get dumped on ''gardening leave for the period of their notice or just be allowed to switch roles immediately it is a case-by-case situation.

Derby Canary (where are you in Derby BTW, I live in Draycott) - look me in the (virtual) eye and tell me honestly that if we already had a new CEO, you wouldn''t be posting on here that we should have taken longer to get the right candidate?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Derby Canary (where are you in Derby BTW, I live in Draycott) - look me in the (virtual) eye and tell me honestly that if we already had a new CEO, you wouldn''t be posting on here that we should have taken longer to get the right candidate?[/quote]

Not at all NS. Contrary to popular belief I do not intentionally mean my observations to be destructive. I have supported the fine City for c50 years and would like nothing more than to truly believe that we were ''on the right course''! I have become more than a little fed up of us taking ages to appoint replacement Managers/Board members then soon after appointing others because of some deficiency in the original appointment/ or even an agency because the whole board does not know what it is doing in a football sense.

I''m sure that the board member with least knowledge of how to run a football club knows more about it then me. But then I am fick.....

Guys

I mentioned way back when (well when the announcement of the headhunters was news) that having them on board meant it would be impossible to have the new CEO in place before the end of August! Why? Well that company will not want to risk damaging it''s Professional Indemnity insurance and thus will have to demonstrate that they have done everything by the book. Which means a thorough and extensive search of potential candidates, deep testing of the long list before presentation to the NCFC board, with further testing of the candidate CV''s by interviews between the headhunters and the candidates, before even a short list is drawn up by the board for them to interview. Then there is the interview process, throw in holidays and getting the board all together in one place for the interviews. Then there is the negotiation with the preferred candidate (and his lawyers) before there is any consideration of notice periods!

Exactly what form that notice period is will very much depend on the attitude of his existing employers - some hold the chosen person to work out their contractual notice period, others insist on gardening leave (although if the incoming CEO is from another football club I think by gentleman''s agreement this won''t be adhered to), others still are happy for the person to leave straight away with their blessing. But most will insist on their own replacement being lined up before releasing their man.

Believe me having been in the position of managing such a process with external advisers, it ain''t no one week scattergun approach that getting a new manager in is usually. It took over nine months when I last did it, involving two searches when the first preferred candidate pulled out, and that was with a foreshortening of notice period.

If the interview stage has been passed there may well be a lot of informal exchange of information before the new CEO starts, with advice being offered on contractual matters and targets. It might also be why the Canos transfer has yet to complete because getting the deal tied up may be linked to the new CEO giving the deal a once over.

So calm down, Stoney is here for the interim as shown by the fact he is attending a fans forum on 22 July, Irvine being on the team will hopefully add experience to ensure the right moves are made.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m sure that the board member with least knowledge of how to run a football club knows more about it then me. But then I am fick.....[/quote]

The fact that the least knowledgeable Board member is more knowledgeable than you Nutty provides me with no consolation whatsoever! These guys should be appointed for what they can contribute to the Club in football terms NOT whether they appear in Debretts or what they achieved (OR did n''t!) in public life.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Guys

I mentioned way back when (well when the announcement of the headhunters was news) that having them on board meant it would be impossible to have the new CEO in place before the end of August! Why? Well that company will not want to risk damaging it''s Professional Indemnity insurance and thus will have to demonstrate that they have done everything by the book. Which means a thorough and extensive search of potential candidates, deep testing of the long list before presentation to the NCFC board, with further testing of the candidate CV''s by interviews between the headhunters and the candidates, before even a short list is drawn up by the board for them to interview. Then there is the interview process, throw in holidays and getting the board all together in one place for the interviews. Then there is the negotiation with the preferred candidate (and his lawyers) before there is any consideration of notice periods!

Exactly what form that notice period is will very much depend on the attitude of his existing employers - some hold the chosen person to work out their contractual notice period, others insist on gardening leave (although if the incoming CEO is from another football club I think by gentleman''s agreement this won''t be adhered to), others still are happy for the person to leave straight away with their blessing. But most will insist on their own replacement being lined up before releasing their man.

Believe me having been in the position of managing such a process with external advisers, it ain''t no one week scattergun approach that getting a new manager in is usually. It took over nine months when I last did it, involving two searches when the first preferred candidate pulled out, and that was with a foreshortening of notice period.

If the interview stage has been passed there may well be a lot of informal exchange of information before the new CEO starts, with advice being offered on contractual matters and targets. It might also be why the Canos transfer has yet to complete because getting the deal tied up may be linked to the new CEO giving the deal a once over.

So calm down, Stoney is here for the interim as shown by the fact he is attending a fans forum on 22 July, Irvine being on the team will hopefully add experience to ensure the right moves are made.[/quote]

...........and by the time that has all been completed ShefC with what we have left running our Club we will v likely be heading south to League One!

The problem is Derby - The impression I get from reading your posts is that you are even less knowledgeable than me...

Good info, cheers. I doubt the new CEO is holding up the Canos deal though. I have nothing to base that on other than the interim team Balls said were in place meaning contracts and transfers (out and in) can be completed without delay.CEO is not here yet because of reasons you''ve suggested. He/she either hasn''t be found yet or is serving notice somewhere. It''s not helpful that we''re operating without a CEO during a summer window. For all McNally''s good, landing us in this wasn''t what we deserved. Still, I''m confident we will make the right appointment.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]........and by the time that has all been completed ShefC with what we have left running our Club we will v likely be heading south to League One![/quote]You wish!http://www.wheeliebins.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/smelly_wheelie_bin.jpg

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Good joke Zipper! This is football remember with ''loads of money'' where the priority (as we learnt to our cost) last year is to have key people in place earliest.

I also predict that after half a dozen matches of the new season Irvine will take over on a temp basis pending hunting down new Manager - by end of season?[/quote]

Admit guys that I was about 15 games adrift but I can''t resist reminding you that I told you so last July!

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="Derby Canary"]Good joke Zipper! This is football remember with ''loads of money'' where the priority (as we learnt to our cost) last year is to have key people in place earliest.

Admit guys that I was about 15 games adrift but I can''t resist reminding you that I told you so last July![/quote]

This is the equivalent of someone getting three numers on the lottery and claiming the jackpot.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]m sure he is happy with his lotto lucky dip, can play again when new coach Hecingbottom is announced.[/quote]

You can have as many new Managers,new structures as you like until this Club rids itself of it''s autocratic owner nothing will change.

This Club is famous for converting Managers and players that have been successful elsewhere into rank ordinary performers! As soon as they move on they again become revitalised.

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]m sure he is happy with his lotto lucky dip, can play again when new coach Hecingbottom is announced.[/quote]

You can have as many new Managers,new structures as you like until this Club rids itself of it''s autocratic owner nothing will change.

This Club is famous for converting Managers and players that have been successful elsewhere into rank ordinary performers! As soon as they move on they again become revitalised.[/quote]

No it''s not.