Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Changes Needed

Whatever league we end up in at the end of the season (and at the moment it looks like the Championship) Money will have to be spent on decent strikers and Defenders, as the lack in these areas have cost us dearly !!

Changes were needed last season despite our return to the PL. Players like Martin,Whittaker,Bassong etc who all clearly proved they were not good enough for the PL were retained. Talk about staying at a club longer than needed. Little or no resale value. When we are relegated I reckon you will see a massive clear out. Ruddy, Martin, Jerome, Redmond, Whittaker, O''Neill, Brady, Howson, Hoolahan etc plus the loanees will all go.

Would personally like to see Olsson, Bennett, Vadis, Tettey, Howson, Dorrans, Jarvis, Jerome kept in the squad. Time for the likes of Ruddy, Martin, Bassong, Hoolahan to be moved on.

I totally agree with you and perhaps that is what is neede however I still think we should stay with AN as this season has been a massive learning curve for him and I still think he will get everything right in the coming season. Sir Alex Fergi-uson did. Perhaps we need better scouts too ?

Whilst changes are needed I feel that priority should be given to replacing coaching staff and those that scout replacements.

Look at those that were bought in the summer Dorrans, Mulumbu, Wisdom just not good enough.

I don''t think one player has improved under the present coaching set up and that needs changing.

[quote user="EGGY "]We also need Strikers with pace and precision at the moment our strike force is too weak.[/quote]

Sorry I have to disagree unless we stay up. The strikers we have in the Championship would likely be better than anyone we could sign.

Jerome and Bamford have already proved they are as good as any strikers in the Championship. These 2 upfront would strike fear into any championship defence.

Bamford is on loan and what makes you feel he will stay. He will be Boro bound next season. I agree with keeping the likes of Vadis who shamefully we have seen very little of this season. Bit of muscle and skill. What we have been missing some would say

Changes needed in the managerial position first. Had his chance and hasn''t done enough. Don''t make the mistake of giving him another one to f**k it up

[quote user="alartz"]Changes needed in the managerial position first. Had his chance and hasn''t done enough. Don''t make the mistake of giving him another one to f**k it up[/quote]Not bumping your thread this week?