Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

We will beat Watford 2-0

After letting the disappointment of the defeat today sink in, I was thinking about results, and how we played against a lot of teams this season. We all know it''s part of being a Norwich supporter, but the inconsistency is actually quite consistent when it comes to how we perform against a team twice in a season.

Look at this and it''s weird, almost the reverse goal for goal.

Norwich 3 Bournemouth 1 - Bournemouth 3 City 0

City 0 West Brom 1 - West Brom 0 City 1

City 1 Swansea 0 - Swansea 1 City 0

City 0 S''land 3 - S''land 1 City 3

City 3 N''castle 2 - N''castle 6 City 2

City 2 Villa 0 - Villa 2 City 0

Crystal Palace are the exception for the bottom half teams, whilst we have lost or drawn to the top half teams, again the exception being Southampton where we lost at their ground but won at ours. The West ham results were completely mirrored as well. I know that the reverse fixtures don''t see exactly the same goals, but when we score 3 or 1 against a team they normally come back at us and score 3 or one in the reverse fixture. It is extremely strange. There is nothing to suggest our inconsistency will change, so we could quite easily beat Watford 2-0, draw against Arsenal and Everton 1-1 again, and likely lose 2-1 at home to United. But really who knows. I just thought how strange it was how we almost reverse the score in the reverse fixture of every game.

I hate it when people think that the reverse fixture has any bearing whatsoever on the next game. It means nothing.

"Oh we drew at home to Arsenal earlier in the season so we are bound to go to the Emirates and get a point".

If anything, the better opposition will want to right the wrongs of the previous game against us.

Oh yes, of course, if you lose at home you are bound to win away.

Does that just happen to all the teams or is it just something that happens to us?

Six examples quoted, what about the other eleven, how did they go?

Mention of Crystal Palace being the exception “for the bottom half teams”.

So it’s only the bottom half team where it’s significant?

Arsenal and Man U are not in the bottom half, Everton and Watford might not be by the time we play them.

Isn’t Seattle well known as a technology centre can you run this through some of their computers.

We can put the theory to the test next season when we play Ipswich, something I never expected to happen so soon.

PS The writing was on the wall after a dozen games and nothing was done about it

Wow what a bunch of miserable f@ckers you are! I just thought I''d share something interesting. And yes, I found the bottom half way more relevant as those were always going to be our closest rivals for survival. I was just pointing out that we don''t do the double over anyone but look more likely than not to take something out of this fixture.

Yes Bill Gates lives here, but I have no idea what you''re rambling on about mate. We beat them 3-0 at home last season, so why not 2-0 on a few weeks!?

[quote user="Curious Canary"]Oh yes, of course, if you lose at home you are bound to win away.

Does that just happen to all the teams or is it just something that happens to us?

Six examples quoted, what about the other eleven, how did they go?

Mention of Crystal Palace being the exception “for the bottom half teams”.

So it’s only the bottom half team where it’s significant?

Arsenal and Man U are not in the bottom half, Everton and Watford might not be by the time we play them.

Isn’t Seattle well known as a technology centre can you run this through some of their computers.[/quote]

We aren''t expected to beat top half teams really, except maybe 7-10 placed teams, so yeah it''s more significant in the bottom half.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I''ll have a pint of whatever you are on.[/quote]

Or just take the fact I''ve mentioned results that have occurred from playing 6 teams of the current bottom 9 that sit along with us, as an indication of what is more likely to happen than not. As I said CP are the only exception so far. Arsenal and Man U anything could happen.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I''ll have a pint of whatever you are on.[/quote]

Or just take the fact I''ve mentioned results that have occurred from playing 6 teams of the current bottom 9 that sit along with us, as an indication of what is more likely to happen than not. As I said CP are the only exception so far. Arsenal and Man U anything could happen.[/quote]I do hope you realise that Norwich City never take form or logic into the next game.

I agree with OP and was thinking the same or rather hoping we could reverse results and reach a decent points total, Also there is no logic in this thinking. However I still believe we will beat Watford who may or not be in FA cup final, why because they are safe now and the trip to Norwich would be preferable to having a trip to the NE. A les expensive trip in terms of cost both for club and fans no air fare or overnight hotel etc. Again not logical but plausible.