Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Vardy sent off for diving

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]I just posted about it on another thread, but this just makes all those claims about "corrupt" refs seem all the more silly.[/quote]
Does it? Coming to the end of the season, title at risk of being wrapped up early and a bit of an Anti-climatic end to the season, then suddenly a ref sends Vardy off, gives a penalty at the other end for less contact and then doesn''t give it at the other end for an identical offence?
I''m believing more by the day that it''s fixed/corrupt.

Wow! Amazing the way the decisions go when you''re at the top and bottom. That Leicester penalty was far less than the challenge on Jarvis in the palace match and 2 on Mbokani yesterday

I''m not convinced it''s all luck. There has to be an element of the referees being scared of being the ref that spoils the fairy tail. 11 penalties this season now

Vardy got away with it against us. Just shows how arbitrary these decisions are.From Cam''s disallowed goal against Palace we never got a break all season.

Spot on. We have had far, far more dodgy decisions go against us than for us.

What a pathetic refereeing display from Jon Moss. So many inconsistent and plain wrong decisions.

Vardys first booking was pathetic. The West Ham penalty was harsh but if you''re going to give it then you have to give a virtually identical fowl on Huth a few minutes later. Then the penalty he did give Leicester was nothing more than a coming together that shouldn''t have been given even in the middle of the park.

I started to think he was bias but in the end I came to the conclusion he was plain useless!

Vardy deserved that many times this season imo.

He do that against Bassong and many more times this season.

Leicester is team who received most penalty''s and Norwich is team conceded most penalty''s this season.

How the hell can anyone want Leicester to win the league is beyond me, the slightest touch and they throw themselves over like an 1980 Italian international.

How the hell an that penalty be awarded, talk about a ref succumbed to fan pressure!

That''s 11 penalties if I heard right this season they''ve got I would love to review every one and see how many were justly awarded!

Come on Spurs!

[quote user="Indy"]That''s 11 penalties if I heard right this season they''ve got I would love to review every one and see how many were justly awarded!

Come on Spurs![/quote]They''ve got 11 penalties because they get men in the box who have pace. Some will be justified, some will not be justified. You can probably add to those 11 that they did get another 10 or so situations when they had claims for penalties but didn''t get them and it''s not difficult to see why they got 11.Law of averages - just like shooting.The more you shoot the more chance you have of scoring.We don''t get penalties because (a) we never get enough players in the box and (b) we don''t really have any players with enough pace to commit  defenders into making rash challenges.It''s not rocket science.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Indy"]That''s 11 penalties if I heard right this season they''ve got I would love to review every one and see how many were justly awarded!

Come on Spurs![/quote]They''ve got 11 penalties because they get men in the box who have pace. Some will be justified, some will not be justified. You can probably add to those 11 that they did get another 10 or so situations when they had claims for penalties but didn''t get them and it''s not difficult to see why they got 11.Law of averages - just like shooting.The more you shoot the more chance you have of scoring.We don''t get penalties because (a) we never get enough players in the box and (b) we don''t really have any players with enough pace to commit  defenders into making rash challenges.It''s not rocket science.

[/quote]

Sorry but let me ruin your point

In the last 2 games alone we have had 5 penalty appeals that when analysed could have all be given. None of them were and 2 were Jarvis running beyond defenders

[quote user="Indy"]How the hell can anyone want Leicester to win the league is beyond me, the slightest touch and they throw themselves over like an 1980 Italian international.

How the hell an that penalty be awarded, talk about a ref succumbed to fan pressure!

That''s 11 penalties if I heard right this season they''ve got I would love to review every one and see how many were justly awarded!

Come on Spurs![/quote]

Spurs got an unjust pen against us too! It is clear to me that refs can''t keep up with the pace of the game and their decisions are based on hunches and guesswork influenced by their conscious /subconscious bias usually favouring big clubs and big names. The game needs to be modernised as it is beyond a joke. Do away with penalties except for serious foul play. Introduce sin bins and video replays. I''m sick of all this. Teams work their socks off and plan strategies all week in preparation for a game which some idiot ref RUINS because he hasn''t got an effing clue what''s going on.

Besides which, when the hell will Ruddy get even close to saving a pen? Sick of it.

Can someone please arrange a tete a tete between Jonathan Moss and Michael Oliver, so they can tell me what constitutes the award of a penalty, because not only are they on a different chapter, but a whole different book.

Ruddy''s had plenty of practice on pens this season.

I felt the ref got the Vardy decision spot on. He''d made a bad tackle then the next one he got the card for and that is normally a card now. Then tunning into the box he deliberately moved across and got his legs tangled with the defender, a clear attempt to fake a pen. So well done the ref for finally penalising him.

He''d also clearly seen leicedter do a lot of holding from corners and gave a decision which it followed consistently would be given every game, so that''s tough to call.

At the end he didn''t give a pen for a much worse foul on Huth and then panicked and gave the dubious pen straight after.

People say that we don''t get pens because we don''t get men in the box running at defenders enough but that doesn''t explain why Mbokani could be fouled repeatedly , in and out the box, and have few fouls given and no pens, whereas Defoe seemed to get fouls for less contact often given.

I think there is a subconscious or institutional bias against City (probably against some other clubs who aren''t established in the Prem too but I don''t see enough of their games to say - but in any case, not the teams who are our immediate rivals now). To overcome it we''d have to stay in the Prem long enough to change it, which now seems unlikely.

Institutional bias, I like that one, a bit like the Met police and racism.

I''m not sure I would use that phrase but I see where your going ICF, maybe it''s more a subconscious knowledge by the ref that his decisions won''t get the same level of scrutiny as they would with bigger teams, as has been said many times already.

But coming back to the institutional bit, if this is the he case then I believe the way the police are trying to overcome this is by positive action. Positive discrimination some I think would call it, for us it may mean refs always giving us the benefit of the doubt and refs having special training in positive Norwichism.

I think you may be on to something here🤔

mrs miggins said:-

Watched the game and thought the ref had a great 70 mins, then ruined it with the last penalty decision.

Interesting Mrs M. I thought he had a terrible game and got big decisions wrong for both sides. The one I think he did get right was the dive for which Vardy did get booked for.

Sorry cant do links but this looks like a fair summary to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36068462

[quote]People say that we don''t get pens because we don''t get men in the box running at defenders enough but that doesn''t explain why Mbokani could be fouled repeatedly , in and out the box, and have few fouls given and no pens, whereas Defoe seemed to get fouls for less contact often given.

I think there is a subconscious or institutional bias against City (probably against some other clubs who aren''t established in the Prem too but I don''t see enough of their games to say - but in any case, not the teams who are our immediate rivals now). To overcome it we''d have to stay in the Prem long enough to change it, which now seems unlikely.[/quote]
I don''t believe there''s a grand conspiracy against us like some do, but I agree there has to be some unconscious bias against the ''little'' clubs and/or for the ''big'' clubs when it comes to these decisions.
As to Mbokani, he''s big and fairly static so I suppose it''s easy for referees to assume he goes down too easily sometimes (which of course he does, like any forward), whereas someone like Defoe who is smaller and quicker is more likely to get the benefit of the doubt maybe?
Anyway, glad Vardy finally got sent off for running into the defender and falling over as he does that all the time.