Sign in to follow this  
pete

Has Alex Neil lost it?

What might he have lost well the characteristics we found after he was first appointed. Namely the rough, tough, no nonsense Glaswegian who gave us hope he would forge the team into a side in his own character. Certainly he appeared to do so in the Championship as we recovered to earn promotion.

Somehow the fear factor we felt he yielded has evaporated. The Alex of last year would not have taken Saturday''s defeat so philosophically. He may have expressed anger in the dressing room you could not gauge the level of anger he felt in the post match interview. I would like to see a little more passion if the result had gone the other way you can be certain Fat Sam would have exploded.

Alex now seems to want to alienate certain players namely Russ Martin (unless he is unfit which explains his non appearance), Wes and Redmond. But continue to select players who are either unfit or unable to play effectively namely Naismith and Jarvis.

The tartan terror has turned into the tartan tabby, time to get nasty and show you won''t take Seb Bassongs Beckenbauer impressions as just a matter of course.

Continue as you are currently performing will kill your career before it has started.

Yes, yes he has...he misplaced it on the team coach and no-one has returned it.

If you''ve found it, please return it to Alex immediately. I''m sure there will be some kind of reward for it.

Apples

The game turned on a penalty decision resulting from an irrational challenge by a player whose presence at the Club has never been particularly justified.

Some refs might not even have given it though. Some pundits thought the decision harsh.

I am one of those who would have preferred Whittaker in that position, but few agree with that.

Ever since the beginning of (footballing) time managers have made selection decisions that are disputed by their fans.

It would seem that our major grouse after Saturday''s results are centred around the omission of Redmond and Hoolahan as starters and the inclusion of Naismith and Jarvis instead.

That''s my bitch, though those on here who justify these selections have a point.

There is more flair and more of a goal threat in the former two and I, personally, would start every one of the remaining fixtures with them starting. We might as well go down in style, but give ourselves the more realistic chance of staying up, and with style.

Alex Neil has not lost anything. Hindsight is easy. His plan failed to work of Saturday but, once again, the wind was unfavourable towards him.

One game has turned us from the favourites to avoid the drop into relegation favourites.

There will be more turnabouts in the next 5/4 games.

I just wish our goal difference was better, because it might come to that.

He has got plenty of things right but also plenty of things wrong. He will have told the club what he wanted in the summer transfer wise and the club failed him.

There''s been signings that have worked and ones which haven''t.

Tactically he''s got it spot on sometimes and sometimes wrong. Like wes on the left, Howson on the right, Martin over bennett at CB and Brady over Olsson at LB. But I think he''s learnt from that now.

Shame it took so long to get a top quality CB in, to get the right players into the right position and a failure to sign a goalscorer in either window because personally these 3 issues that will cost us our place.

No one was accepting of Hughton when we found ourselves in this situation last time we were in the Premier league, so why are so many accepting of Neil. His descisions in selection, freezing out/selling players in baffling.