Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

So are we down

Virtually every post I have read over the past couple of days have been the fact that we are basically relegated and how we will fare in the championship - we are still a point clear of Sunderland and three clear of Newcastle - yes they have a game in hand but Newcastle is against Man City this week and Sunderlands is against Arsenal on Sunday - by no ways are they certainties for either team and a Newcastle draw (if they get it) still leaves them two points behind - yes we have Arsenal in two weeks but if those clubs are still below us then you don''t know what we could achieve there knowing it is still in our hands - yes it may be that they are above us if Sunderland draw and Newcastle win and then it''s a different story but until that happens ( if it does) we are still in this and by no means relegated yet

No, no, no. You have this Pinkun forum thing all wrong.Don''t be coming here with your actual facts and positivity. It has no place here.

Yeah I know Morty that being upbeat has no place here but just thought I would throw a spanner in the works - thing is I am normally a glass half empty sort of person but just feel with those two teams they have got to play then it is far from over 😄

[quote user="Bomber"]Yeah I know Morty that being upbeat has no place here but just thought I would throw a spanner in the works - thing is I am normally a glass half empty sort of person but just feel with those two teams they have got to play then it is far from over 😄[/quote]Good man[Y]

I was saying exactly the same to my missus walking back after the game yesterday , but having slept on it , and thought a little more , to state the obvious , yesterday''s'' result was more damaging than any of our other losses relating to our / their position .

I know the facts , but my belief has taken a turn for the worse now .

No we are not down yet and there is definitely hope. The Watford at home game could still be another big opportunity.

We are still not in the bottom three after all. Having said that we are relying on some of the other results going our way.

What gives me hope is that we are capable of pulling a result out of the fire even when not expected to. Man U away, Man C home Southampton at home etc sometimes even after a poor performance

We aren''t down yet.I fully expect that we will get enough points from Arsenal, Man Utd and Watford to stop us falling into the bottom three and keep our hopes alive.Then come May 15th we will turn up at Goodison, have our shorts pulled down and get spanked 6-0, while Sunderland score a last minute winner against Watford to secure another season of top flight football at our expense.

We threw our advantage away yesterday, we can only hope that Sunderland do the same.We don''t have a good track record in these situations while again, Sunderland do.We need the Gods to intervene now because its no longer in our own hands.

No, but I am alittle concerned that we seem to have bottled most of our big games this season. If we turn up I''m confident of points in our last 4 matches.

Liverpools side at Bournemouth is a concern. I know they won, but put that team out against a Newcastle side battling for survival and that fixture looks a lot easier for Rafa and his boys.

I think if you look at our fixtures compared to the other teams around us we''ll pick up less points imo. Before the 3 previous games I said if we get less than 4 points we''ll go down, we did and I think we will unfortunately.

No, we are not down. What has changed is that it is no longer in our hands to survive. However should Sunderland and Newcastle both lose their game in hand then it is back in our hands again.

The bottom line is that we have to get as many points from our last four games as the better of Sunderland and Newcastle get from their five games. Simples!

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="Hughtonanny"]The only good thing is we have 2 weeks to dust ourselves down and come up with a cunning plan.[/quote]

[/quote]

Try again

Baldrick has a cunning plan

An unlikely draw against Arsenal and the other two to throw away their games in hand would swing the ball back into our court. Trouble is, without Klose I can''t see us not making that 1 per game mistake that gifts the other side a goal.

But either way, if we can keep it in our hands still with Watford and Everton we have a chance.

We still have a chance, there will be more twists and turns yet. Unfortunately Sunderland have also got Watford and Everton. I think we will win our last 2 games but even that might not be enough.

I don''t care if we get relegated and in some ways it would be a good thing because I am sick of seeing finishing 4th bottom in the top league as an achievement.

For a club of our stature, there is vastly more entertainment and enjoyment to be had in the Championship.

There, I said it.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 17/04/2016 7:20 PM:

little old norwich indeed

Yep, but that''s what we are.

If we all accepted it there would be a lot less angst.

However, with a new board and investment the picture could change, not necessarily for the better, but our prospects could be different.

But as we are currently financed and run, we have tried and tried but it just can''t be done.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]I don''t care if we get relegated and in some ways it would be a good thing because I am sick of seeing finishing 4th bottom in the top league as an achievement.

For a club of our stature, there is vastly more entertainment and enjoyment to be had in the Championship.

There, I said it.[/quote]To a certain extent this is true but without regular injections of Premiership cash we will become 1p5wich.[N]

I certainly agree Van that it''s more exciting to be in the championship (big fish), but succeeding in the PL certainly can be done and is what we must strive for.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 17/04/2016 7:30 PM:

I certainly agree Van that it''s more exciting to be in the championship (big fish), but succeeding in the PL certainly can be done and is what we must strive for.

Do you really think we can succeed in the PL being run in the way we are now.

I know I keep harping back to it but the preparation for our promotion last summer was astonishingly bad, if we as an organisation can''t get these basics right then I really don''t see how we can ever succeed.

i think well need 6 pointsnewcastle are gonesunderlands fixtures are easier than oursarsenal away is a right off, i cant see everton rolling over on the final day either, martinez job will probably be on the line regardless where they finish so hell want to sign off in styleso its utd and watford at home