Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Yellow

So, what changes

Afternoon all,

Thoughts the same as many on here with what could/should have been done about our season, (signings we needed in the summer and the fact Alex Neil has changed his approach since we''ve been promoted have all been frustrating. I''m not saying the seasons over until it''s over but it''s difficult to see where we get the results we need.

My question is what is the real underline concern? For me regardless of what league we are in next year we have a lot of dead wood so to speak. Players like bassong, whits, martin. I''d say that Jarvis and mulumbu are in there. Even ruddy. We will need a lot of rebuilding in either league. Mbokani won''t be here same as bamford so we are left with jerome. if we were to be relegated it wouldn''t be the end of the world, infact it may be the time to rebuild and try something new, especially with the younger players we''ve signed.

Biggest issue for me is money. Most of our players are bargain basement, and we don''t have the budget to upgrade enough of them at once, to ensure instant success. On our budget we can afford to buy one or two players of quality a season, which means the process takes two or three seasons, rather than the instant fix we need to survive in the short term.Really until we can establish for at least three seasons we''re always going to be vulnerable.

A lot of the deadwood mentioned there are actually decent championship players, we don''t have to chuck them all out straight away

It would certainly be encouraging to see one or two home-grown players making the grade.

Without them we are forced to buy every player who plays for us.

It''s quite noticeable how many other Premiership teams have developed their younger players to benefit their team and how many home-grown players they have.

We are a very long way behind.

Let''s hope some of the recent crop of talented youngsters can actually make it.

I partly agree Fenway, they have done the job for us before but they aren''t getting any better and the standard of the championship I would say is, there has to be a time when you say actually they have had a fair run. But in contrast to that I do agree with morty also on the money. With the fact we don''t have enough to turn it all over and start fresh

We must be careful we don''t throw the baby out with the bath water. By Championship standards we still have a good squad.You may feel angry now at the likes of Bassong, Ruddy and Martin. But remember they were also responsible for getting us promoted to the Premier League in the first place.  They could have an important part to play next season.Yes, Norwich will inevitably lose some good players over the summer - just as we lost Snodgrass and Fer last time around.  But with the parachute payments and the possibility of going straight back up, we can also attract decent new signings too.As for this season, recruitment

has been the biggest problem once we reached Premier League level. That''s where

the lessons need to be learned and improvements made in the long term.

Next season is a crucial one re our young players should we be relegated. To attract the better youngsters to our academy we need to demonstrate to them that there is a viable route to the first team if they are good enough. For this to be credible we need to see younger players coming into the first team squad and playing games. Currently we only have Rudd in the squad.

Should we be in the Championship next season I would expect the Murphy twins, Toffolo, Madison and Thompson to be in the first team squad. Whittaker and Turner are out of contract and I would expect Andreu and Lafferty to join them. Of the rest I wouldn''t be surprised to see Ruddy, McGrandles, Mulumbu, Dorrans and Martin move on. Brady and Redmond are unlikely to stay and Klose may also move on although I do hope he stays. If we can find a club to meet Naismith'' reputed release clause he can go too..

We need the youngsters to come good to have a squad big enough to meet the demands of the Championship if that is to be our fate.

Would like to see us have a good sort out in the summer what ever division we are in.

However I feel we will probably end up in the championship.

Feel we have a few players who would be of interest to other sides especially the promoted sides Klose, Olsson, Brady, Howson, Tettey, Redmond (obviously won''t all leave).

Feel we need freshen things up a bit. Maybe spelling the end for the likes of Ruddy, Bassong, Martin, Whittaker.

What does the future hold for Andreu, Wolfswinkel, Lafferty I''m guessing not one at Norwich.

Once Bamford & Mbokani return and RVW & Lafferty are shipped out that leaves us with just Jerome. And seeing the fees Mccormack, Rhodes & Gray went for could be interesting to see what we do.

Yea all good points. Will be tough to see us go down (if we do) as I genuinely believe had we strengthened in the summer we would probably would be mid table. But there''s one or two new young signings we''ve made that hopefully will be exciting.

Move Klose ... this is EXACTLY what concerns me the most should we drop down.

Will we fork out the funds now mandatory for goal machines in the Championship. You need £10m minimum for each individual ... and we''ll only have Jerome and possibly Lafferty left in that department.