Sign in to follow this  
bundo

Brady, Redmond.

Why did Alex Neil take Brady off and leave Redmond on the bench so long in a game we needed to win? He needs to tell us if he is going to keep faith with the City fans.

Or explain what you mean?Should Alex Neil be picking the team based on fan''s opinions?

[quote user="bundo"]You have reminded me why I don''t normally post on this site !![/quote]
Because you can''t explain a post that makes no sense?

The withdrawal of Brady was done for reasons which escape me. Was something akin to suicide was the effect it had. Whilst 20,000 plus could see what a hash Naismith was making by his performance, it somehow  failed to register with the Norwich Coaching staff. Redmond on a sound  idea  Brady off disaster.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="bundo"]You have reminded me why I don''t normally post on this site !![/quote]
Because you can''t explain a post that makes no sense?
[/quote]I didn''t want to be the one to say it, its always me lol.

Morty

You have to agree you are a bully on this site, no one apart from you is allowed an opinion without being called a binner or some other derogatory remark. With almost 30000 posts you seem to get wrong with all at some time or other.

Have a pleasant day in the Morty household

[quote user="daly"]Morty

You have to agree you are a bully on this site, no one apart from you is allowed an opinion without being called a binner or some other derogatory remark. With almost 30000 posts you seem to get wrong with all at some time or other.

Have a pleasant day in the Morty household[/quote]Oh wind it in.Where did I use the word binner or make a derogatory remark?This is a discussion forum, I asked the guy to explain the concept of keeping faith with the fans.

To be fair what does Keep faith with city fan''s mean ?

Brady is our best set piece taker so why take him off. Jarvis has been awfull for weeks. Can''t even remember the last time he put a decent cross in.

Reckon Martin, Hoolahan, Redmond & Jerome will all start the next game.

I guess the OP meant that AN risks losing the support of the fans if he makes unfathomable substitutions?

I must admit that although Brady wasn''t playing very well (again) it was a strange one to replace him with Wes on the left wing. I think we''ve all seen Wes on the left of midfield often enough now to know that is not his best position. If he wanted to bring him on then the obvious person to take off was Naismith. That or don''t bring him on at all.

I''m not as big a fan of AN as many on here but I don''t think this particular move was that big an issue as to undermine his standing with the fans.

If you want to talk about bad decisions then how about allowing both full backs to simultaneously charge up the field leaving Bassong and Bennett to cope with a livewire Defoe chasing long balls into acres of space.............

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]True. That''s why he is still keeping faith with the city fans, to coin a phrase.[/quote]*Keeping faith with the fans, depending on your opinion.There is a certain implication here that all the fans are united in opinion.Which, of course, they aren''t.

No I guess not but I think it''s fair to say that AN still pretty much has the fans support in that those that are disgruntled don''t feel strongly enough to voice descent.

From my perspective I am beginning to question Alex Neils decision making, I feel his inexperience at Premiership level is beginning to show. It was clear Naismith was ineffective, such as he has been the last couple of games. I accept that Hoolahan did not make much impact on the game but in his defence he did not have much time and was asked to play out wide, which as any NCFC fan will tell you is not his game. Our tactics seemed to centre around getting Naismith to get beyond Mbokani which did not happen, personally I would have given Redmond a go in that role, given his pace. It is clear to me that the greater experience of big Sam showed through on Saturday, and I am sure Alex Neil will have learned from it which will stand us in good stead if we bounce straight back from relegation.......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]From my perspective I am beginning to question Alex Neils decision making, I feel his inexperience at Premiership level is beginning to show. It was clear Naismith was ineffective, such as he has been the last couple of games. I accept that Hoolahan did not make much impact on the game but in his defence he did not have much time and was asked to play out wide, which as any NCFC fan will tell you is not his game. Our tactics seemed to centre around getting Naismith to get beyond Mbokani which did not happen, personally I would have given Redmond a go in that role, given his pace. It is clear to me that the greater experience of big Sam showed through on Saturday, and I am sure Alex Neil will have learned from it which will stand us in good stead if we bounce straight back from relegation.......[/quote]The greater Premiership experience and quality of Sunderland showed on Saturday too.So he changes it again, and gets criticised for being a "tinkerman"?

It''s hard to disagree with FJSP SOB. Personally I don''t think Redmond would suit that role. I am happy to accept Alex''s lack of experience. We were Sammed.

Given that Naismith had a totally ineffective first half against Sunderland I doubt very much there would have been that many "tinkerman" accusations flying around if he had been subbed at half time, that he left it so late to replace an obviously ineffective player has got me questioning whether or not the inexperience of Alex Neil is going to cost us our Premiership berth.......

I thought Brady was awful on Saturday with Jarvis being non existent in an attacking sense. On that basis I thought the changes AN made were sensible. Brady hardly managed a pass to a team mate and looked off the pace.

Brady was sick and had to come off, he had a bug!! Although I though he and Wisdom had played well. Bassong was awful, not sure of the situation with Russ, but I would have gone with Martin at right back and played Wisdom alongside Bennett in the middle...(tin hat goes on head)

Yes, I understand that there might be some tonsillitis going round. Great timing.

They''ve got plenty of time to get over it Ian.

I think some times we try to scrutinise and analyse a game a bit too much.

From where I sit if we had got the first goal we would have won that game, Big Sam or no big Sam.

The reverse was also true and that s what happened.