Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

While we are having a good moan...

Why is there an obsession with one up front? Little wonder we fail to score.

I remain convinced that Mbokani, Hooper and others would hit the net if playing as a traditional two up front with a fast striker alongside them - but we persist with lone striker.

Rant over. Will go back to bashing the board over the summer window now...

We''ve tried 2 up top on a few occasions and come away empty handed - I''m not convinced 2 up top is the answer

Does anyone else find policemen are too young these days? And too short?

And earlier today I tripped on a raised flagstone and bruised my hip. Did anyone help me up? Did they hell. When a similar thing happened when Lambert was in charge, a nice young man helped me to my feet and bought me a coffee.

Also, have the turnstiles become harder to open?

Why don''t we have that little white dot when we turn the telly off now ? Disgusting, wouldn''t have happened if Ron Saunders was still in charge !

How come these days we have TV remotes? When I was a kid I was the TV remote, it''s just not fair.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]How come these days we have TV remotes? When I was a kid I was the TV remote, it''s just not fair.[/quote]When you were a kid I thought there was only one channel.....[;)]

And what the butler saw,that was my sex education sorted.

Our best creator is obviously Wes but he needs someone quick and/or good off the ball to get onto his passes.

To me, we still haven''t effectively replaced Holt. He wasn''t the fastest but he kept going for 90, bullied defenders and had a surprisingly great awareness and understanding of what Wes would do next.

Jerome has all that but can''t score, Mbokani isn''t quick enough to utilise Wes effectively, Bamford hasn''t the strength or the movement leaving us short.

I had hoped Naismith and Wes had clicked after that Liverpool game but it''s been rarely seen since.

Lose the midfield battle you lose the game. I can''t understand the obsession with two up top. Every time we''ve played it in the last 4 years we''ve looked a really poor team. We''ve occasionally scraped a few ugly wins this way but it isn''t inherently more attacking.

We simply don''t have the midfield to play that way at this level. Our strikers rarely take their chances anyway so sacrificing the number of chances we create to have an extra striker there for the chances we do make seems pretty futile to me.

We just need a second striker/AM to score more goals, we thought naismith was that but but it''s looking like he''s flopped a bit.

I suppose we could play 442 if we had two complete players to play up there who have the energy and skill to drop into the midfield, link up with their forward partner and offer a threat in behind or by running with the ball. But players like that tend to end up at CL clubs :P

Well effectively with Naismith we are playing 2 up top. And he''s as much of a goal threat as Becchio was.

Personally think 2 up top is where Bamford would fit in as he doesn''t seem the type of player to be playing up top on his own in the prem for a team involved in a relegation scrap.

14 corners to nil on Saturday, just shows how much we were getting into the right areas of the field but sadly no cutting edge in front of goal. Wouldn''t we all love another Holty, easier said than done.😄

Noticed that one on Sat too... What has happened to our corners? I''d thought having the likes of Mbokani and Ryan Bennett there, we''d be more of a threat from them?

On sat it was like we didn''t care when we had a corner, they seemed to be aimlessly drifted in and not really attacked that strongly. Perhaps we could have mixed it up a bit from them?