Sign in to follow this  
Budgie

Why Not Go For Steve Bruce?

All this clamour to sign George Burley.....

When I heard the news of his leaving Hearts on Saturday morning my first thought was that the 6 o''clock annoucement was to say he was taking over the Canaries!

I was wrong, obviously, but after reading the thread about scooting off and signing him a thought occurred.

Why not go for Steve Bruce instead?

A former club captain before he went on to great success at Man Utd surely he would think hard before rejecting a club where he was idolised.

Whatever happens it seems obvious Worthy''s days are numbered, but I would want the board to go for a successful established manager rather than someone from the nether regions - excluding Burley of course!

Bruce would be good but i doubt we could get him although his job looks a bit on the dodgy side at the brummies. I think his wages would be to much for delia and co.

I don''t think Bruce will leave Birmingham for a while yet.  Personally I think he can turn it around there.  Also, this was mentioned a few days ago and many fans who can remember when he was a player said they certainly didn''t want him back