Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Newcastle's game in hand tonight

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsngujl5n4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsngujl5n4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Annoying to see how Newcastle have taken the confidence from one win and built on it. We really needed to kick on after the late winner v them and failed miserably.

Newcastle deserved that point to be fair.  Lots of endeavour if no quality.
The last ten minutes of that match was like watching a game of FIFA 16 played by two kids who have never played before & just mash all the buttons at once to see what happens.

Well could have been a lot worse! That''s their game in hand gone and we''re still 2 points better off! Citeh were god awful though!

Wish we still had City to play.

Arsenal look like a shambles right now but that is little comfort as they have to play Sunderland before us- win and it might restore confidence, lose and Sunderland are above us.

I hate football.

Ron Manager wrote the following post at 19/04/2016 9:38 PM:

Well could have been a lot worse! That''s their game in hand gone and we''re still 2 points better off! Citeh were god awful though!

👍

Is it just me, or did it look like Man City actually didn''t want to win that game? Hoofing it up to Aguero, giving the ball away in their own half, one does wonder...

It did look like that Ian, they just had no interest in the game. No urgency whatsoever in the latter stages.

Lots of hoofing the ball tonight from the multi millionaires. But 1-1 will do for me.

The best part is that although Man City were so poor Newcastle could still not beat them - this is good result for us they will say happy with a point but they needed three - yes Man City were woeful but they did not lose which we would have taken before the game

The effort by Newcastle was commendable....but put that aside. If Manchester City had given the ball away like this ( all over the park ) when they played PSG they would have been out of the Championship after the first leg.

Do they play Palace at home on Saturday? I reckon this could be a potential banana skin for them - Palace have some quality players and absolutely no pressure at all.

Norwich drew against Man City, then went on to win the next two games, so it''s not as though Newcastle have done what norwich couldn''t do... it''s just that Norwich seemed to have switched off since.

quote user="Katie Borkins"]
Newcastle deserved that point to be fair.  Lots of endeavour if no quality.
The last ten minutes of that match was like watching a game of FIFA 16 played by two kids who have never played before & just mash all the buttons at once to see what happens.
[/quote

After watching that she-ite performance from Man City, and trying to get over some family hassle, that post has genuinely made me laugh out loud, and for that Bor, I thank , and salute, you.

Newcastle is very bad away but they show spirit today.

Palace home and Villa away seems sure 6 pts for them so we hope Liverpool to find enough reasons to win them on Saturday.

Still with 6 pts and final game home spurs we should be with chance on last they to be above them.

Main problem is sunderland who have good schedule and we cant win more than 4-5 pts till end.

btw Ricky score winer for Betis today his début goal lol so all can happen :)

Newcastle off to An field on Saturday! C''mon you Reds! Ugh, can''t believe I just typed that!

So if Arsenal beat Sunderland next Sunday we once again in control of our own destiny. All is not lost.

Yeah the only small problem I can see is that 3 of our last 4 games are Arsenal Man U and final game Everton away - still chin up stranger things have happened

Unfortunate for Newcastle that the ref cost them two points tonight. Indeed, with the missed Howson handball even in these two matches they''re four points down.

Both Sunderland and Newcastle look likely to pick up 6 more points in remaining fixtures. We need to win 2 of last 4 I''m going for Man U and Watford.