Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Newcastle's game in hand tonight

A win would move them above Norwich City on goal difference/goals scored, so let''s hope Manchester City show up tonight and have a little bit of fun with the Magpies.
Not sure what Manchester City have to play for other than 3rd place in the PL now - presume they would rather avoid the qualifying rounds for the Champions League but not sure if this remains top 2 only.

Let''s hope City score a few.

Goal difference could decide issues so let''s have the Toon at more of a disadvantage with this.

I''m not convinced that Sunderland have suddenly become the super-team of the league either. They had a fair wind on Saturday so let''s hope they get a bit carried away with their victory, drop their guard and revert to being the strugglers that they really are.

Lot''s of twists and turns left in this season.

I don''t think Newcastle are good enough to beat Man City, so we shouldn''t have too much to worry about

The CL works that the top 3 go into the group stage and 4th place goes into a play-off, with the winner going into the group stage and loser into the Europa League. 

Clearly Man City''s primary focus will be on the CL, but being equal on points with Arsenal in 4th, you''d hope the players still have motivation to try to finish above 4th.  Clearly the manager will be pretty relaxed about it and will only be bothered about trying to win the CL.

Not sure how Man City/Liverpool winning their euro competitions would affect the picture.  This could be pretty important for the motivation of the sides we and our rivals are playing coming up, anyone know ?

Unfortunately both Man U and Arsenal are still likely to be playing for something at the end of the season.

[quote user="AJ"]I don''t think Newcastle are good enough to beat Man City, so we shouldn''t have too much to worry about[/quote]My Toon supporting mate seems to think they are.But he would.

I''m pretty sure I heard on 5 Live that if Liverpool win the Europa Cup then we would have 5 teams in the CL next season (assuming they don''t finish in the top 4).

If Man City win the CL it won''t make any difference unless they were to fall out of the top 4.

To convoluted to come into the managers thinking I would have thought. City should take it seriously and bring Newcastle back down to Earth

[quote user="daly"]55000 will turn it into a Toon win or at least a draw[/quote]
Well, i saw you were the last one that had responded and was expecting a reply along those lines.
However, one thing baffles me. How will 55,000 turn it into a Toon win or draw? If it were as simple as that, they would have won or drawn all their home games so far, wouldn''t they?

I''ve got Aguero & De Bryune in my FF team but no City defenders, my nearest rivals have Hart as their keeper so I''d like it to be a 59-60 win for City with 30 goals for Aguero & 30 for De Bryune.

Man City seem to have improved immensely since Kevin De Bruyne''s return from injury. Providing he plays, they should win.

They should be up for it with 3rd and 4th places still up for grabs, and Man Utd only 4 points behind in 5th place.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="daly"]55000 will turn it into a Toon win or at least a draw[/quote]

Well, i saw you were the last one that had responded and was expecting a reply along those lines.

However, one thing baffles me. How will 55,000 turn it into a Toon win or draw? If it were as simple as that, they would have won or drawn all their home games so far, wouldn''t they?

[/quote]

Their crowd tend to become vocal when they''re doing well, but turn against them if they''re losing.   If Man City take the lead, the home support there will be a liability.

Maybe he''s a wealthy toon fan who is hinting at the fact he has offered all the Man City players a tidy award each should they fail to win

Their 3-0 win at Chelsea would seem to indicate that (a) they are still motivated and (b) if they play to form they will hammer Toon

We could really do with Man City giving them a real good thrashing after we messed up our goal difference advantage at the weekend.

3-0 and we''ll be back in the driving seat vs them. It''s all down to us now though got a feeling we need at least 8 points now though. I can see Sunderland picking up a couple of wins and and draws.

You can see it though, Man City rest Aguero for Bony, De Bruyne for Sterling, and Newcastle score with a deflected shot off the giant backside of Yaya Toure.

England will have only 4 teams n Cl regardless of whether Liverpool win Europa, indeed if that is the case then 4th in league will not qualify. This gives incentive to both Man City and Arsenal to finish 3rd as Liverpool are now favourites to win Europa. , it also would help if Spurs can still win the league when they go to Newcastle on last day of season and this looks as if it may be the case.