Sign in to follow this  
pete

Wisdom out for season

[quote user="Capt. Pants"] Pinto was bought as cover [/quote]Surely that is not correct ? More like Wisdom has brought in as cover at the start of the season for Whitts or Martin. A 4th option costing over £2 million was not needed and a waste of money.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Capt. Pants"] Pinto was bought as cover
[/quote]
Surely that is not correct ? More like Wisdom has brought in as cover at the start of the season for Whitts or Martin. A 4th option costing over £2 million was not needed and a waste of money.
[/quote]

Pinto was signed during the ''Oh for Gods sake, sign someone, anyone will do, just sign a bl00dy player'' part of the transfer window, he''s fulfilled his remit by becoming the ''why did we sign him, what a waste of money'' squad member.

I can''t remember too many people complaining when Pinto was signed...but then again they may have been relying on Football Manager for their well-informed opinion.

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]I can''t remember too many people complaining when Pinto was signed...but then again they may have been relying on Football Manager for their well-informed opinion.

Apples[/quote]

He wasn''t on FIFA, so yeah.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]He wasn''t on FIFA...then why the hell did we sign him? Apples[/quote]

His ''running around a lot stats'' were very good.

If this is true, with Klose out as well our defence is going to take a massive turn for the worse.

I''m wondering whether Olsson can play CB, he can''t be any worse than Bassong surely? with Brady covering at LB?

Wisdom has looked generally pretty solid defensively but not sure he''s been better than Martin, the last few games Martin played at RB he looked useful and offers a threat going forward which Wisdom doesn''t.

Pinto has just looked very vulnerable defensively and we just don''t have time to get him used to the Prem.  If we go down, he will probably do well. 

Whitts is technically our best RB, let down by his massive lack of pace.  I just don''t think we can sensibly start him against any team who can put a quick winger up against him (which is pretty much every team in the Prem).  He either gets done for pace, or leaves such a massive gap between him and the attacker that the attacker can put in a cross at leisure.  It''s just painful to watch.

Nothing like as big a blow as losing Klose, if Wisdom is actually out; I''d rather have a fit RM there who will be more motivated and better going forward.

Arguably at fault for two of Sunderland''s goals and not sure how close he was to Defoe for their second either so I won''t really miss him. Was only ever bought in as back-up and I''d much rather have Russ or Whitts there

[quote user="AJ"]Arguably at fault for two of Sunderland''s goals and not sure how close he was to Defoe for their second either so I won''t really miss him. Was only ever bought in as back-up and I''d much rather have Russ or Whitts there[/quote]
[Y]. Wisdom had a good game against Newcastle but other than that has looked below average. Nothing better than RM, or like you say, SW.