Sign in to follow this  
pete

Wisdom out for season

Not been massively impressed with him anyway. Dont think he offers anymore than RM

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We had been really lucky with injuries until recently.

Back to our Championship defence for Arsenal and utd then!!![/quote]

The defense that won at Old Trafford. [:)]

hogesar wrote the following post at 17/04/2016 9:17 AM:

Not been massively impressed with him anyway. Dont think he offers anymore than RM

------------------------------------------------------------

He gives far less than RM because RM wants to be here.

Wisdom always gives me the impression that, as a Liverpool player, he knows far more about the game than the inferior players, coaches and supporters of our club and is doing us a favour being here.

I''m not sure that I wouldn''t prefer Whitts!

We''ve never got any better without Whitts.

Say didn''t both Redmond and Whitts start and didn''t both of them score when we beat Sunderland away?

Yes, yes they did.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Not on official site, is this correct ?[/quote]I follow a lot of social media etc, and I haven''t seen it anywhere.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]WE WANT WHITTS!

WE WANT WHITTS![/quote]^This.[/quote]I think you have read this wrong Morty as he is not talking about the Ginger poster. [;)]

Pinto ? Wisdom ? Whitts ? Martin ? Whoever it is it still is a problem area for us that needs addressing.

I really am wondering about some of our scouting networks.
Pinto looks to be going the way of Mulumbu and Vadis, exciting signings on paper who have shown (at best) occasional flashes of quality but have otherwise been a bit pony.  You could add Fer to that too, I guess, and then there''s Ricky.
Anyway, if our Pinto wasn''t the best right back selection yesterday then he was a waste of (allegedly) £2.2m.  Why buy an attacking right back who likes to bomb forward and then not play him in a game against relegation rivals?
(Not criticising Wisdom who I thought had a better than average game despite conceding the penalty)

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]I really am wondering about some of our scouting networks.
Pinto looks to be going the way of Mulumbu and Vadis, exciting signings on paper who have shown (at best) occasional flashes of quality but have otherwise been a bit pony.  You could add Fer to that too, I guess, and then there''s Ricky.
Anyway, if our Pinto wasn''t the best right back selection yesterday then he was a waste of (allegedly) £2.2m.  Why buy an attacking right back who likes to bomb forward and then not play him in a game against relegation rivals?
(Not criticising Wisdom who I thought had a better than average game despite conceding the penalty)
[/quote]I thought Wisdom looked very nervous, and he sold Ruddy very short a few times with back passes. Nowhere near as good as his game against Newcastle.

Pinto on the bench yesterday, not sure what is up with Martin.

We might as well play Pinto now, we have to get some 3 pointers even if we get a few hammerings in the process. He''s looked good going forward, caution to the wind time.

What Till 1010 said, we didn''t address this issue at the start of the campaign, we needed a centre back, full back and striker. We tried to do it on the cheap (as usual) and as usual it''s backfired.

firststeps wrote "we didn''t address this issue at the start of the campaign, we needed a centre back, full back and striker. We tried to do it on the cheap (as usual) and as usual it''s backfired."

Was always going to backfire, one day maybe we will get it right.

Recruitment is vital for any side but for a team like us it''s even more important to get it right.

First of all, if Whittaker gets anywhere near the starting lineup I''ll be shocked. He''s been terrible and just because other players haven''t been much better he hasn''t suddenly become good.

Wisdom was pretty poor yesterday- seemed sluggish, as someone else mentioned he played a couple of pretty dangerous back passes that nearly ended up costing us.

The point about our scouting network is very valid and something I''ve mentioned a few times on here- we''re consistently bringing in players who don''t improve our first 11 for good money. What is more confusing though is this has happened under different managers and different heads of scouting so there is not a clear person to blame.

Katie Borkins wrote the following post at 17/04/2016 8:39 AM:

WE WANT WHITTS!

WE WANT WHITTS!

------------------------

good god no we don''t......unless we go down

Ah back to the good old days, Whitts will be back in the side, Jerome scoring for fun ( converting one of the dozens of chances we will create every game) a place for Laffs to show that he''s a goal scorer and not a winger, Wes mesmorising the opposition with his spinning dizzy skills, Bassong charging forward and creating goals: Championship here we come you beauty 😄

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Katie Borkins wrote the following post at 17/04/2016 8:39 AM:

WE WANT WHITTS!

WE WANT WHITTS!

------------------------

good god no we don''t......unless we go down[/quote]
I don''t want him even we go down, he was crap in the Championship and alot of the goals we conceded came from his side of the pitch. I''d rather stick one of the ball boys in at Right Back than have to watch Whittaker pretend to know how to defend whilst sprinting at a speed approximately equivalent to an average person walking. Slowly. I will accept he''s half decent going forward but I''m not interested at this juncture, he''s over 30 and not very good in the first place, we need to clear the dead wood, and he should be the first name out the door.

We could have done with RM yesterday. Pinto was bought as cover and I don''t have an issue with the £2m. If we go down and if he stays he could be quite effective in the Chump.We just don''t seem to be getting luck anywhere at the moment.

Was quite pleased with the signing of Wisdom in the summer, thought he was a solid acquisition and had hoped that he''d link with Redmond as our style of play was seemingly better than WBA''s.....

No the case.