Sign in to follow this  
morty

Fight for survival.

Are these clubs not playing for a million pounds plus for per placing where they finish up at the seasons end or has that now become loose change to clubs

Dunno if it''s just me but I can''t see it being us. Think last week was the hammer blow, I know we''re still outside of the drop zone but for how long. Now we''re back to the car crash defence - would it be worth reverting to the ''back 5'' with the 3 CB''s in an effort to try and shore it up for the remainder? That way, if we insist on having both fullbacks bomb forward at every opportunity our cb''s won''t be left as exposed as there will be extra cover?

[quote user="No Klose No Survival"]Can honestly see Sunderland picking up 9/10 more points.

Arsenal will have the same casual attitude as Man City last night. Stoke as mentioned have been dreadful and are on the beach. Then the same for Chelsea at home, who have shown nothing for a few weeks now. And Watford away last day, they could be safe by then.[/quote]I will be VERY surprised if Sunderland take 9 or 10 more points.

[quote user="No Klose No Survival"]Can honestly see Sunderland picking up 9/10 more points.

Arsenal will have the same casual attitude as Man City last night. Stoke as mentioned have been dreadful and are on the beach. Then the same for Chelsea at home, who have shown nothing for a few weeks now. And Watford away last day, they could be safe by then.[/quote]So an average of 2 points a game in their last 5 games versus an average of less than 1 point per game in their previous 33 games.Some people are so unrealistic & defeatist

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="No Klose No Survival"]Can honestly see Sunderland picking up 9/10 more points.

Arsenal will have the same casual attitude as Man City last night. Stoke as mentioned have been dreadful and are on the beach. Then the same for Chelsea at home, who have shown nothing for a few weeks now. And Watford away last day, they could be safe by then.[/quote]So an average of 2 points a game in their last 5 games versus an average of less than 1 point per game in their previous 33 games.Some people are so unrealistic & defeatist[/quote]BUT IT''S BIG SAM!!!

[quote user="morty"]BUT IT''S BIG SAM!!![/quote]Ah, forgot about that and surprised they''re not going to get 5 wins out of 5 then.Oh, but hang on, how long has he been there and how many times since he arrived have they got 10 points from 5 games?

Remember that although they beat us, in my view we were the better team and no less than 4 crucial ref decisions went against us on the day. We had plenty of possession, lots of dangerous positions but we didn''t have enough quality to get the ball in the next and looked slow and ponderous too often.

Many of the teams that both Ncl and S''land are playing will not be like that. They do have the quality to hurt and do not have such error prone defences.

Having said that I do now feel that we will be relegated as I think we are now hampered by AN''s lack of experience, but I do expect it to go to the final game again.

We have been so unpredictable this season. Losing against Villa and Sunderland on the one hand and good results against both Manchester teams on the other. We could spring a surprise somewhere in our last 4 games. Keeping our team spirit high is going to be vital, especially if we drop into the bottom 3 at some stage when the others play extra games.

Newcastle have a couple of good opportunities with Palace and Villa (I''m keeping my fingers crossed that VIlla will improve now that relegation has been confirmed - bit of a long shot but seen it happen before). Sunderland have a mixed bag of fixtures but I genuinely think they''re a poor team. Talk of them getting 10 points is way off IMO.

When I did the old prediction thingy I ended up with both Newcastle and Sunderland on 35 points. Can we get 5 more points?

Interesting that Watford are saying they will play a weekended team in preparation for the semi-final. Would be good for us then if they get to the final so they do the same for our match with them.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="No Klose No Survival"]Can honestly see Sunderland picking up 9/10 more points.

Arsenal will have the same casual attitude as Man City last night. Stoke as mentioned have been dreadful and are on the beach. Then the same for Chelsea at home, who have shown nothing for a few weeks now. And Watford away last day, they could be safe by then.[/quote]So an average of 2 points a game in their last 5 games versus an average of less than 1 point per game in their previous 33 games.Some people are so unrealistic & defeatist[/quote]
They''ve improved significantly in the second half of the season, in the first 19 games they took only 12 points (0.63 ppg), in this half they''ve taken 18 points from 14 games, now 1.28 ppg and I think they will get 6 points from their remaining games.
We on the other hand have declined, we scored a very acceptable 20 points in the first half of the season 1.05 ppg, however in the second half we''ve dropped to 0.73 ppg taking only 11 points from 15 games, our recent back to back wins have kept us afloat but that is looking more of a purple patch. I think we will get 4 points from our remaining games and sadly relegation.
I truly hope to be proved wrong and we still have a chance but realistically I think we are going to just miss out.

[quote user="morty"][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

How do you upload pictures?

[quote user="Darth Vadis"][quote user="morty"][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

How do you upload pictures?[/quote]I upload them to photobucket, then copy the image link into the post.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Darth Vadis"][quote user="morty"][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

How do you upload pictures?[/quote]I upload them to photobucket, then copy the image link into the post.[/quote]

Thanks

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Darth Vadis"][quote user="morty"][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

How do you upload pictures?[/quote]I upload them to photobucket, then copy the image link into the post.[/quote]

From tat I can see Sunderland picking up max 3 points, Newcastle 4 points and us 3 points, that would keep us up by the skin of our teach.......still just everyone''s opinions it will be an exciting run in!

It totally comes down to who can pick up some results from these last games.  You want to be playing mid-table teams or teams with distractions in other competitions.  If any of the 3 can get a couple of wins that will probably be enough.  Also teams from higher up don''t want to be playing teams scrapping for relegation, for the same reason.  Anyone can beat anyone at this stage, this season more so than ever.

Predictions about teams losing to Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea are now meaningless.  No one can tell what''s going to happen.

Sunderland have the easiest run in, but I reckon they''ll falter in their home games and f*ck up at Watford who''ll be wanting to see the season out on a high. Sunderland total: 36pts.

too many points dropped aginst teams currently in the bottom half of the table: 27 pointsand 42 points lost to teams in the top half as it stands.