Sign in to follow this  
morty

Fight for survival.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpskfzzc5ka.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

It''s very interesting. On paper it''s hard to say who has the advantage - you would say Newcastle have the easier fixtures, but they have to gain 2 points on us over those matches as well.

[quote user="Ian"]It''s very interesting. On paper it''s hard to say who has the advantage - you would say Newcastle have the easier fixtures, but they have to gain 2 points on us over those matches as well.[/quote]I look at that and Say Sunderland have the easiest!

Who can say? Arsenal, Stoke (A) and Chelsea is a very tough run of games though.

Having said that, Stoke were awful against Spurs yesterday!

That''s draw tonight wasn''t so bad really, just frustrating that City played with little interest

I know they were playing Tottenham, but stoke looked pretty god-awful the other day. Wouldn''t be surprised if Sunderland got a point or even 3 there. We''re going to need more than 6 points I think. Which means beating Everton and Watford, then taking a point from Arsenal/Man u

[quote user="Ian"]Who can say? Arsenal, Stoke (A) and Chelsea is a very tough run of games though.

Having said that, Stoke were awful against Spurs yesterday![/quote]And Villa could have that "Lets play for pride now the pressure is off" too.

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]I know they were playing Tottenham, but stoke looked pretty god-awful the other day. Wouldn''t be surprised if Sunderland got a point or even 3 there. We''re going to need more than 6 points I think. Which means beating Everton and Watford, then taking a point from Arsenal/Man u[/quote]But given our points advantage, I think 6 will be enough, I can''t see Sunderland or Newcastle getting more than 6 points.

Looking at the fixtures, I''d say its out of the two North East sides. Bit more grit and fight about them too. It''s a toss up between them. I think the last two games say lots about us. We haven''t done enough this season when it''s really mattered. Lost too many important, winnable games since Christmas.

I wouldn''t disagree with us not doing enough when it mattered - but surely the same must be said of the two North Eastern clubs if they''re still below us?!

You could argue that, yeah. Sunderland did OK Saturday though, didn''t they?! Newcastle starting to pick up points too. Those two sides gaining momentum whereas our momentum is dead, especially with the Klose news added to it.

Our momentum was utterly dead until we picked up points against Man City, West Brom, and Newcastle too.

I''m certainly not confident about this, but I am not resigned to relegation just yet. There is still all to play for, and I would still rather be in our position than Newcastle''s, regardless of form.

[quote user="Ian"]Our momentum was utterly dead until we picked up points against Man City, West Brom, and Newcastle too.

I''m certainly not confident about this, but I am not resigned to relegation just yet. There is still all to play for, and I would still rather be in our position than Newcastle''s, regardless of form.[/quote][Y]

You''re more positive than me mate. Like I say, just feel we haven''t done enough in all departments this season. Poor at board level in terms of recruitment, especially in the summer. Lacked experience at management level in terms of tactics, team selection, sub timings, also the team just haven''t done enough either. It''s funny, I never even considered relegation until about March, I was convinced we''d stay up, but I simply don''t think we''ve done enough.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]You''re more positive than me mate. Like I say, just feel we haven''t done enough in all departments this season. Poor at board level in terms of recruitment, especially in the summer. Lacked experience at management level in terms of tactics, team selection, sub timings, also the team just haven''t done enough either.[/quote]With the greatest respect, at this stage of the season it''s no good to keep on whinging about all that, be it true or false. What''s done is done and it can''t be undone now.The only thing that matters now is the remaining games - nothing else. We are in a 3 horse race between 3 of the 4 worst teams in the league so it''s not an impossible situation.We are currently better off than Newcastle and could be better off than Sunderland after they play their game in hand against Arsenal. What you can be sure of is that none of the 3 teams involved are likely to win all their remaining games and none of them are likely to lose all their games.Who plays who is pretty irrelevant too because at this stage of the season you can never be sure what opposing team is going to turn up so there will be a mixture of surprises, upsets and disappointments for all 3 teams.We have as good a chance as the other two to survive and as things stand we are still in the box seat - Sunderland have to catch us & Newcastle have to overtake us.It''s not done & dusted yet by any means.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]You''re more positive than me mate. Like I say, just feel we haven''t done enough in all departments this season. Poor at board level in terms of recruitment, especially in the summer. Lacked experience at management level in terms of tactics, team selection, sub timings, also the team just haven''t done enough either.[/quote]With the greatest respect, at this stage of the season it''s no good to keep on whinging about all that, be it true or false. What''s done is done and it can''t be undone now.The only thing that matters now is the remaining games - nothing else. We are in a 3 horse race between 3 of the 4 worst teams in the league so it''s not an impossible situation.We are currently better off than Newcastle and could be better off than Sunderland after they play their game in hand against Arsenal. What you can be sure of is that none of the 3 teams involved are likely to win all their remaining games and none of them are likely to lose all their games.Who plays who is pretty irrelevant too because at this stage of the season you can never be sure what opposing team is going to turn up so there will be a mixture of surprises, upsets and disappointments for all 3 teams.We have as good a chance as the other two to survive and as things stand we are still in the box seat - Sunderland have to catch us & Newcastle have to overtake us.It''s not done & dusted yet by any means.[/quote][Y]

We had it gift wrapped.

Newcastle h.

Palace a.

Sunderland h.

... We only took 3 points.

We have also failed to take any more than 3 pnts from Villa, Newc, Sun, Swa, Pal, WBA, Bour and Wat this season (and possibly Everton). I just don''t think we''re good enough sadly.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We had it gift wrapped.

Newcastle h.

Palace a.

Sunderland h.

We have also failed to take any more than 3 pnts from Villa, Newc, Sun, Swa, Pal, WBA, Bour and Wat this season (and possibly Everton). I just don''t think we''re good enough sadly.[/quote]No good looking back and wringing hands CC - gets you nowhere

''No good whinging about all that''?? Haha. Weird statement considering all those factors have landed us in this avoidable situation.

Like the previous poster mentioned. Sunderland at home, Swansea away, Newcastle away, Villa away, Palace away, Bournemouth away, Watford away - now sorry to "whinge" but maybe we could''ve tried just a little bit harder in those games?? Again, really sorry whinge.

Our problem has always been the same we cannot play against teams below us we sputter and stall but for some reason we can play against the bigger teams so maybe just maybe we could get results against arsenal and Man U we took 4 pts from them before

1-1 and 2-1 and also 1-1 against Everton so fingers crossed we can get the results again😋

I cannot see anything more than 3 points from our last 4 games, think Sunderlad could takes 4 points and the same foe Newcastle.

It''s going to go to the last game of the season, all to play for again.

I''m not sure AN has done the right thing by questioning his players publicly, maybe he should have focuses more on applying pressure on the refs for the next game by criticism of their performance and the lack of awarding 5 penalty shouts in recent games?

A lot will ride on who players at the back the next two games, could we dare to think we could get a win before probably ballsing up the Watford game?

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We had it gift wrapped.

Newcastle h.

Palace a.

Sunderland h.

We have also failed to take any more than 3 pnts from Villa, Newc, Sun, Swa, Pal, WBA, Bour and Wat this season (and possibly Everton). I just don''t think we''re good enough sadly.[/quote]No good looking back and wringing hands CC - gets you nowhere[/quote]

I do actually agree with you MP ... deep down.

Just finding it very difficult to shake off that red and white hammer blow on Saturday!

It really is just a lottery from here on in, but we''ve got to buy the most tickets (put most effort in) to try and get the prize.

...I didn''t expect that being such a tenuous analogy when i started :P

I think both Sunderland will get at least 6 points from their remaining games and there is a good chance that newcastle will beat Villa and Palace too.

The key games for me come this weekend and then obviously whether Sunderland can get anything at Stoke. If they pick up three points against either Arsenal or Stoke then its going to be very difficult for us.

The worry this weekend is that Liverpool play Everton tonight and then have a UEFA Cup semi final away next Wednesday and so I am pretty convinced they will play a weakened team against Newcastle. Their second string did ok last week at Bournemouth but it has to increase Newcastles chances.

You also have to wonder whether Arsenal are going to be knackered playing Sunderland at the end of a week where they have three matches including bizarrely playing tomorrow night against West Brom. Quite why they are playing that on a Thursday night i do not know. Typically they then have a full week''s rest before they play us!

I think we can match Newcastle over the last three games and also Sunderland over the last two so whether either of them can pick up a win before we next play looks pretty crucial to me.

Can honestly see Sunderland picking up 9/10 more points.

Arsenal will have the same casual attitude as Man City last night. Stoke as mentioned have been dreadful and are on the beach. Then the same for Chelsea at home, who have shown nothing for a few weeks now. And Watford away last day, they could be safe by then.