Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

If/when we're relegated...

I think the club should hold a fans forum to include one of the directors, David McNally, Alex Neil and one of the senior players. I''ve long thought that events like this aren''t held often enough. I''ve been to two in the 15 years I''ve been a season ticket holder. I''m sure there''s been more events like this to attend, maybe I just haven''t been aware of them. I know shareholders and club groups hold these events more often.

I just think it''s important for these people to be answerable to the fans a bit more. The regular fan. I travel home and away to support Norwich, as I''m sure do many of you, and I''m not impressed with our showing this season. Yes, it was always going to be tough, we were a newly promoted side, but I do think it would be fair for the club to offer fans an opportunity ask questions relating to certain aspects of this season. I''d love to ask about recruitment and the timing of our spending, why (from October) were we changed into a negative outfit on the field, I''d love to ask several questions. Just a thought. Not looking for arguments or anything. Cheers

We could maybe throw rotting fruit and vegetables at them too?Or in a Game of thrones style, they could be paraded, naked, through the streets of Norwich, and we could shout "Shame" at them?

Perhaps next season''s shirts should have Relegation 2015 - 2016 underneath the badge as a constant reminder of their failure (those that stay anyway)???

Apples

[quote user="morty"]We could maybe throw rotting fruit and vegetables at them too?Or in a Game of thrones style, they could be paraded, naked, through the streets of Norwich, and we could shout "Shame" at them?[/quote]If that is a reference to Season Five I would appreciate no more spoilers. It is hard enough avoiding reading what it supposedly going to happen in Season Six without finding out the plot of the as yet unwatched preceding series...

Not sure these sort of things help much to be honest, particularly at the end of a disappointing season.

All the decisions are made with the best of intentions, sometimes they come off, sometimes not. Its always likely to descend into criticism though, especially when armed with the benefit of hindsight.

I remember you being very scathing to suggestions that AN should be changed a few moths back. Now you are suggesting that his lack of experience will ultimately cost us. That''s not meant to be a criticism as I''m sure they were reasonably held views, but an illustration of how things like this could easily degenerate into something not very useful.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]We could maybe throw rotting fruit and vegetables at them too?Or in a Game of thrones style, they could be paraded, naked, through the streets of Norwich, and we could shout "Shame" at them?[/quote]If that is a reference to Season Five I would appreciate no more spoilers. It is hard enough avoiding reading what it supposedly going to happen in Season Six without finding out the plot of the as yet unwatched preceding series...[/quote]You seriously haven''t watched season 5 yet? Tempting.....But no.

Oh and the supporters social club have done a few fans forums this season, there has also been a few events where Alex Neil has been there to answer questions.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think the club should hold a fans forum to include one of the directors, David McNally, Alex Neil and one of the senior players. I''ve long thought that events like this aren''t held often enough. I''ve been to two in the 15 years I''ve been a season ticket holder. I''m sure there''s been more events like this to attend, maybe I just haven''t been aware of them. I know shareholders and club groups hold these events more often. I just think it''s important for these people to be answerable to the fans a bit more. The regular fan. I travel home and away to support Norwich, as I''m sure do many of you, and I''m not impressed with our showing this season. Yes, it was always going to be tough, we were a newly promoted side, but I do think it would be fair for the club to offer fans an opportunity ask questions relating to certain aspects of this season. I''d love to ask about recruitment and the timing of our spending, why (from October) were we changed into a negative outfit on the field, I''d love to ask several questions. Just a thought. Not looking for arguments or anything. Cheers[/quote]

All you have to do is buy one share in the club and you can attend a meeting called ''The Annual General Meeting'', it''s held every year (clues in the title). You can ask questions about the previous year and the plans for the next year.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]We could maybe throw rotting fruit and vegetables at them too?Or in a Game of thrones style, they could be paraded, naked, through the streets of Norwich, and we could shout "Shame" at them?[/quote]If that is a reference to Season Five I would appreciate no more spoilers. It is hard enough avoiding reading what it supposedly going to happen in Season Six without finding out the plot of the as yet unwatched preceding series...[/quote]You seriously haven''t watched season 5 yet? Tempting.....But no.[/quote]It''s not really warm-weather viewing. I tend to wait until winter is coming...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]We could maybe throw rotting fruit and vegetables at them too?Or in a Game of thrones style, they could be paraded, naked, through the streets of Norwich, and we could shout "Shame" at them?[/quote]If that is a reference to Season Five I would appreciate no more spoilers. It is hard enough avoiding reading what it supposedly going to happen in Season Six without finding out the plot of the as yet unwatched preceding series...[/quote]You seriously haven''t watched season 5 yet? Tempting.....But no.[/quote]It''s not really warm-weather viewing. I tend to wait until winter is coming...[/quote]Well actually in season 5...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]We could maybe throw rotting fruit and vegetables at them too?

Or in a Game of thrones style, they could be paraded, naked, through the streets of Norwich, and we could shout "Shame" at them?
[/quote]

If that is a reference to Season Five I would appreciate no more spoilers. It is hard enough avoiding reading what it supposedly going to happen in Season Six without finding out the plot of the as yet unwatched preceding series...

[/quote]

You could only avoid GoT spoilers by living on a tropical island.

I think Morty''s idea has got legs though...

apples wrote; Are sausage rolls provided?

They usually get brought up in Any Other Business, This is a real dilemma for the club, how to stop the underside overcooking before the rest, one day there will be answers Apples, one day.

And to really take it to the next level and stay ahead of the curve we could include all the players too and ask Hooly why he didn''t pass to Jerome that time or why Brady stayed on his feet and missed the goal instead of going down like a sack of spuds for the penalty or why on Earth Redmond cut the ball back to Jarvis instead of the more favourably-placed Mbokani. I think it is important that these players are more accountable to the fans as well. I, for one, would feel so much better about the whole wretched situation if every member of the Club explained their decision-making processes for every action ever taken that has led us to this point.

Thanks LC, I fear until the sausage roll situation is resolved we will be destined to float aimlessly between leagues, adrift on a sea of mediocrity and soggy/burnt bottoms.

The future is bleak until this is sorted out, McNally act NOW!

Apples

Aaargh, but is it a nice sausage roll. Are we talking Greggs type, mini sausage rolls, or gormet style?

[quote user="Chip20"]And to really take it to the next level and stay ahead of the curve we could include all the players too and ask Hooly why he didn''t pass to Jerome that time or why Brady stayed on his feet and missed the goal instead of going down like a sack of spuds for the penalty or why on Earth Redmond cut the ball back to Jarvis instead of the more favourably-placed Mbokani. I think it is important that these players are more accountable to the fans as well. I, for one, would feel so much better about the whole wretched situation if every member of the Club explained their decision-making processes for every action ever taken that has led us to this point.[/quote]
I think you are onto something here, and I like the idea very much.
I would go further and make sure every player doesn''t try to justify those decisions and instead tells us what they *should* have done, how sorry they are, and that they will never let it happen again.
In terms of a running order, let''s start with
Players
Manager
McNally
Board of Directors
We could then have a public vote re: which act is eliminated, the bottom two having a sing-off for survival.
Put it on Mustard TV and it could be as big as Sky.

Johnny Stump wrote the following post at 20/04/2016 1:48 PM:

If you haven''t seen Tyrion being paraded naked through the streets of Knots Landing, then you have a treat in store...

😄

Dwarf pelted with $Hite by angry crowd whilst forced to walk naked though streets of city, has some appeal I suppose.👍

I actually feel sorry for people whose primary reason for being here is following me round and giving me grief.Their lives must be so tragically empty.

[quote user="The gut"]Yep you''re a mistake.

Go back a page, not a little morty in sight.

I was talking about you, you got the fame you craved. Now you got it you don''t want it.

Mini me Elton.[/quote]Just can''t help talking about me though, can you?Bless[:D]