Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Vardy

Finally a referee noticed the cheeky b.....d diving and booked him. Very similiar to the one at CR. I believe Leicester have had nine penalties this season Nuff said.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Finally a referee noticed the cheeky b.....d diving and booked him. Very similiar to the one at CR. I believe Leicester have had nine penalties this season Nuff said.[/quote]

I agree totally. I remember the Arsenal game when I was adamant that he had dived for a penalty but most others vehemently disagreed. He is a cheat IMO and slow motion replays prove it over and over.

Turning it round here, maybe if our strikers were a bit more "streetwise" we''d get a few more pens.

True.

The other thing people don''t notice is that defenders know they have to be careful as soon as Vardy gets into the box because any contact can result in a pen (or indeed, giving away a free kick close to the box is also a big problem).  Which has got to make it easier for him to take chances.  With Mbokani, defenders can know they''ve plenty of licence to haul him about, as we saw on Saturday, without getting penalised.  This must make it harder for him to score.

[quote user="morty"]Turning it round here, maybe if our strikers were a bit more "streetwise" we''d get a few more pens.
[/quote]

Dieu and Jarvis might think they can be taken out and still not get a pen, so maybe they''re better off trying to stay up though....

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="morty"]Turning it round here, maybe if our strikers were a bit more "streetwise" we''d get a few more pens.[/quote]

Dieu and Jarvis might think they can be taken out and still not get a pen, so maybe they''re better off trying to stay up though....

[/quote]Its a complex thing. And it has to be played right, and sparingly. Vardy is obviously getting it right.And sometimes, in a game, its about buying credit with the ref, he can form an opinion over the 90 minutes about what players are trying to do.Like I said, streetwise.

Vardy has really advanced the art of simulation this season.
Those glorious swan dives of yesteryear that certain strikers used to make whenever a defender came within three feet seem so clumsy and obvious when compared with the subtle way Vardy makes contact with the defender before taking a tumble.
I''m sure it''s coached and is obviously an important part of Leicester''s strategy. What a great advert for the beautiful game.

He''s the new C Ronaldo.

Maybe we aren''t streetwise (no we''re definitely not streetwise) but we''ve had more than fair share of poor refereeing decisions give penalties against when they''re not, and not give them when the rest of the planet agree they should have!

Hampstead, that is why I have always hoped that Ollson always has a mare of a game, since that day, what a thug.

If we can see that Vardy has dived all season, then why are Refs not dealing with it (Moss did imo)?

It will be interesting to see how Leicester fare without him for a couple of games.

His diving, part of their success, could ironically now be their downfall.

I''m one of the few, it seems, who would prefer to see Tottenham win the title and it''s got that little bit closer after last night.

I''m with you BroadstairsR, Spurs all the way...all this fairy-tale BS needs to be put to rest.

Apples

There is no fairytale, Leicester have just gone out there each week and done a good job.

Spurs have done well also, but not as well as Leicester.

If Spurs do better than Leicester in the remaining games they might have a chance of being better than Leicester over a course of a season. If not Leicester will have been better than anyone else and deservedly win the title.

No other way to see it really...

Vardy & Drinkwater for the Foxes.

Kane & Alli for Spurs.

Marginally would prefer the latter ie. for Engerland.

The fairy-tale is in relation to the media-inspired drivel we are being bombarded with.

Much the same as if we don''t get enough points to avoid the bottom three we deservedly get relegated as we have been worse than 17 other teams.

No other way to see that really...

Apples

You would marginally prefer Alli over Drinkwater?

[quote user="Mr Apples"]I''m with you BroadstairsR, Spurs all the way...all this fairy-tale BS needs to be put to rest.

Apples[/quote]Can''t be put to rest now. They''ve qualified for the Champions League which is a big enough fairy tale in itself.Winning the League would only be icing on the cake.

And this morning we have the England Mnager apparently coming out to defend his behaviour?

But its Leicester, little old Leicester, fairy-tale Leicester, breath of fresh air Leicester, etc., etc., etc. (ad infinitum).

They wouldn''t resort to those tactics because it''s Leicester, little old Leicester...(you see where I''m going with this).

Vardy wouldn''t do that because he''s fought his way through the lower leagues, Fleetwood Town, great success story, home-grown talent, etc., etc., etc.

Shame about the cheating and racism.

Apples

[

Vanwink wrote:

And this morning we have the England Mnager apparently coming out to defend his behaviour?

A pity that he could not be as dignified as Claudio Ranieri was on this by not commenting. Should we await an FA charge for Hodgson?

To me, Hodgsons comments sounded more like he was putting the emphasis on Vardys conduct after the red card.

To me, he is spot on. With Euro 16 in mind, we can''t afford any Beckham or Rooney style meltdowns. Our media creates such a massive pressure on our national team compared to others that it''s perhaps just as important our players have the right mentality as having the ability.

Someone like Balotelli or Costa would be eaten alive if he was playing for England. We need to ensure Vardy can handle the pressure.

I love football , it''s in my blood, but it really does shoot itself in the foot at times.

The whole Vardy thing is , as our American chums say, the elephant in the room. The he is a (proven) racist, a (proven) cheat and a weasel faced Steptoe look alike is apparently overlooked by the media. I think it is lazy journalism. "well respected" hacks like Oliver Holt and Henry Winter wrote headlines last week about the inconsistent performance of Moss (curiously neither said he was wrong with any decision just "inconsistent" ) , but no mention previously of the obvious handball by Leicester against Southampton , or of any of the 11 penalties Leicester have been awarded this year.

Its a story that has momentum. It writes itself.

I just hope Spurs nick it from them.