Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

OT - Prince....

Probably the second best artist I saw live, after Queen.The guy was a genius.

Ohhh.... Jealous of that! Often overlooked how good a guitarist he was too. Phenomenal singer and writer, which is well documented but you see some of his playing live and it''s just incredible! (Which you''ll no doubt be aware of!)

Shocked when I saw this on the news. Not a fan as such but did like a few of his songs and appreciate the musician he was. Seems he had been suffering from severe flu

Only saw him once (not a brilliant gig sadly) but he was an unmistakable musical genius. RIP Prince, another good one gone[:''(]

Also found it quite amusing that he became a jehovah witness and would go out door knocking! What a surreal moment that would be when you answered the door!

"When U were Mine" is one of the great pop songs. "Purple Rain" is epically, er, epic. Also an incredible musician and his guitar playing was much underrated.

Meanwhile, Prince Philip is still with us.

Deeply disappointing. 2016 can lick my balls.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Tom Jones

Robert Plant

Mick Jagger

Ray Davies

Stevie Wonder

All bricking it.[/quote]Dear old Dame Vera Lynn turned 99 last month.

F*cking awful year so far. Who''s next? Iggy? [:@] Dear greedy record company [:@] please re-issue Gold Experience [Y]

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Tom Jones

Robert Plant

Mick Jagger

Ray Davies

Stevie Wonder

All bricking it.[/quote]Springsteen''s another terrifying prospect. Kill the best live performers in one gigantic f*ck you of a year [:@][:(]

[quote user="julian hudson"]F*cking awful year so far. Who''s next? Iggy? [:@] Dear greedy record company [:@] please re-issue Gold Experience [Y][/quote]Iggy must surely be immortal?Mind you, I thought that about Lemmy[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="julian hudson"]F*cking awful year so far. Who''s next? Iggy? [:@] Dear greedy record company [:@] please re-issue Gold Experience [Y][/quote]Iggy must surely be immortal?Mind you, I thought that about Lemmy[:(][/quote][Y][:(]

Katie Bor wrote

*****Meanwhile, Prince Philip is still with us*****.

Perhaps because he is not a druggie

Gutted. The greatest true musician and most talented live performer I''ve ever seen.

I''ve had the pleasure of seeing Prince a number of times but the greatest memory will be the night/morning I was at one of his legendary after-show parties. The performance was incredible, he played all kinds of music, all of it brilliantly in his own unique style. His energy and stamina was phenomenal as the after-show went on longer than the concert, and his charm and charisma really shone in the smaller, more intimate venue. Unforgettable night.

Prince is a huge loss. A creative and prolific songwriting genius who has influenced and inspired legions of fellow artists and fans much like Bowie before him. 2016 is a bad, bad year for music.

RIP Prince.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]Tom Jones

Robert Plant

Mick Jagger

Ray Davies

Stevie Wonder

All bricking it.[/quote]Dear old Dame Vera Lynn turned 99 last month.[/quote]As the female equivalent of Keith Richards that really is some miracle.....[;)]

[quote user="daly"]Katie Bor wrote

*****Meanwhile, Prince Philip is still with us*****.

Perhaps because he is not a druggie[/quote]I didn''t know he was teetotal.

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]Tom Jones Robert Plant Mick Jagger Ray Davies Stevie Wonder All bricking it.[/quote]

Springsteen''s another terrifying prospect. Kill the best live performers in one gigantic f*ck you of a year [:@][:(]
[/quote]

I remember seeing him at the Etihad, was superb, nearly as good as seeing us win 3-2 there

This was on FB from a fellow running club member last evening:

''I got a penny off a £20 pair of running socks today. I''m gonna party like it''s 19.99'' ‪#‎topical‬

Personally I''m gutted I never saw Prince perform. He was on my ''want to see'' list - sadly that needs revising now...