Sign in to follow this  
pete

Randy takes the blame

Randy Lerner has taken the blame for Villa''s relegation. If the worst should happen and we drop who would step up to take the blame. There are a few contenders but the favourite has to be the man who advises the Board who needs to take the blame for summer transfer fiasco.

However I would also blame Ed Balls because he deserves to be a scapegoat and should not be Chairman. For the club''s chairman hasn''t got a lot to say for himself.

People akways seem to blame their "go to blame person". For some it''s Delia others it''s McNally. Ed Balls is the new kid on the block but will certainly have a blame crew if only motivated by politics. Others will blame fans that they see as interior in some way. Alex Neil will get some, especially from those who believe RVW/Hooper/Lafferty would hav scored the goals to keep us up should the worst happen.

I don''t need to blame anyone because ultimately I only have myself to blame....

[quote user="morty"]Well done for using Villa as a stick to beat Norwich with[:D][/quote]
Can''t criticise Pete''s imagination, I suppose.

Is anyone to blame? It might just be that we finish around the right position for a club with our resources. You could say we haven''t over achieved but then that doesn''t allow you to point the finger.

Villa are a total basket case of a club who have totally ar$ed up, despite having years of Premiership money. Someone is to blame for that mess.

I blame Pete, he knew the situation last summer but didn''t lift a finger to help, probably spent a couple of weeks lazing on the beach at Corton Gap when he should have been driving around Europe ferrying the potential signings to Carrow Rd so that they could put pen to paper. If he''d volunteered to do this one thing we would of secured the players required and we''d be in Leicester''s position.

SHAME ON YOU PETE!

Just out of interest Pete, how many threads have you started in the last 2 weeks trashing the club? And how many did you start in the previous month?

"If we''d only kept Howie.."

OP... you seriously are a tedious whinny phukwit..

I bet you blame everyone else for your own failures and failings..

Must be a UKIP voter....

In an ideal world we would manacle and then parade the whole Board through London Street while they flagellate themselves with garden canes and people from the windows above throw offal at them.

We would then have a "Barbaras vs Jesus" playoff on the steps of City Hall where the useless tosspots take it in turns to beg for mercy and the board member with the fewest "save" votes is stoned to death with masonry from the unfit-for-purpose Colney training ground.

What I blame for us going down (if it happens) is Russell Martin''s insistence that he play as a centre back. I think that must have played some part in us not bringing in a centre back in the summer, and while we should have been picking up a lot of points in our first 10 games, we weren''t. Martin played centre back a lot in that period and we always concede with him there. You could blame the manager for that but to be fair, he had been here half a season and seen the defense do fairly well at championship level. At the same time, any fan could have told him they were not good enough in the prem last time around.

I doubt anybody will disagree that 1 or 2 Tim Klose types signed in the summer would have seen us survive comfortably.

If a player insists he plays in a certain position and the manager does as he is asked then it is the manager''s fault.

You cannot blame Russell Martin for Russell Martin playing at centre back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You can if he''s your "go to man" in the blame stakes. It does beggar belief though...[/quote]I can feel a "scapegoat of the season" thread coming on. [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You can if he''s your "go to man" in the blame stakes. It does beggar belief though...[/quote]
Aye,  Russell Martin is a wholehearted and model professional footballer whose only crime is to not be quite good enough, on a consistent basis, for Premier League football.
People want to throw him under the bus because he''s an easy target - "honest pros" usually are.  In my view he has been a good signing and a good player for us, and a good example to younger players of how to conduct yourself on & off the pitch.

Im pretty sure, although maybe mistaken, that someone just said our relegation is down to Russel Martin because he wanted to play CB.

Can whoever said that seriously consider if the oxygen youre taking is fair on everyone else.

[quote user="pete"]However I would also blame Ed Balls because he deserves to be a scapegoat[/quote]That''s Pete, aged six, there.  Saying that, though, a six-year-old would be embarrassed by this level of analysis and insight.