Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

IF (big "IF") we're relegated...

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Can''t make out why we didn''t just loan Hooper out for the rest of the season instead of selling him. Just incase we go down. Now relegation looks likely, and with Lafferty probably on his way out, we''re left searching for 3 strikers in one window. Just poor from the club.[/quote]

Because Hooper is utter garbageeven at the Championship level and would be utterly disastrous to pay his salary. He''s really "tearing it up" with Sheff. Wednesday, champ... I mean 1 goal in 10 games is amazing...[/quote]
We did loan out Lafferty though.   Lafferty and Ricky will tear up the Championship, a fearsome "little and large" combo.  Great foresight by The Boardâ„¢.

Morty

You are so childish, try and get a job then you will not have time to post nearly 30000 messages of utter garbage and ridiculing others.

You really need to grow up along with your mate Bor which is an apt name

[quote user="daly"]Morty

You are so childish, try and get a job then you will not have time to post nearly 30000 messages of utter garbage and ridiculing others.

You really need to grow up along with your mate Bor which is an apt name[/quote]Oh dry your eyes.

[quote user="daly"]Morty

You really need to grow up along with your mate Bor which is an apt name[/quote]
I''m not the one trying to pretend I''m 76+ years old.
[quote user="daly"]You are an idiot What is it about the fact than if someone posts a remark Ipswich is always brought into the subject. I have been supporting for over 70 years man and boy. Can you say the same[/quote]
Awkward.
You''ve had your fortnightly visit but suggest you go back to TWTD now. 
Oh, March 16th 2016 in case you wonder when you posted that gem.

the Naismith situation would be the most interesting of the summer and could dictate what would need most strengthening and even what formation we would play next season.

to think that when we signed him we were worried about what relegation clause he had written into his contract, the truth is if we get relegated he deserves to go down with the rest of us and if any clause is set at say £6m, who would pay that??.

all that said, he "should" be one of the best players in the championship and should comfortably weigh in with a dozen plus goals playing behind a main striker ,whether that be Jerome or anyone else.

were he to leave, we wouldnt get that same goal output from Hoolahan and thats a lot of goals to make up.

when we were promoted last season, we had 4 players in double figures for the first time since 1959?...in Jerome,Johnson,Hooper and Grabban. with 3 of them no longer here and Jerome a couple of years older, that''s a lot of goals to find from eleswhere..

Going by who would be in contract next season our squad in July could be:

Ruddy, Rudd, Kean;

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson, Toffolo;

Howson, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Odjidja, Thompson;

Redmond, Jacob, Josh, Brady, Jarvis;

Hoolahan, Naismith, Maddison, Andreu;

Jerome, Lafferty, RvW.

If we were to go down and did absolutely no business in the window that is still a strong squad for that division and would be hopeful of a top 2 finish, although I do think that we could do with a freshen up in the squad with some younger first team ready players bought in. Very hopeful for Maddison and working under Hoolahan for a season or two could do wonders for the boy and could bring a seamless transition when Wes retires.

[quote user="nat_canaries"]Going by who would be in contract next season our squad in July could be:

Ruddy, Rudd, Kean;

Jerome, Lafferty, RvW.

If we were to go down and did absolutely no business in the window that is still a strong squad for that division and would be hopeful of a top 2 finish, although I do think that we could do with a freshen up in the squad with some younger first team ready players bought in. Very hopeful for Maddison and working under Hoolahan for a season or two could do wonders for the boy and could bring a seamless transition when Wes retires.[/quote]When you look at it, its almost like there was some kind of planning had gone into it[;)]I''m not saying we have planned for relegation, but, as you point out, it may not work out so badly, squad wise.

The only player I''m certain won''t be here next season if we go down is Nathan Redmond. One year left on his contract, young, ''home grown'' means he''s going to appeal to a number of Premier League clubs.

I''d hope though that it would be like last time we went down- we shouldn''t be forced to sell anybody on the cheap. Unless any of the players who joined in January have release clauses (wouldn''t be shocked if Klose or Naismith did) we should be able to hold on to players until a ridiculous offer comes in.

I''d like us to have a bit of a clear out of some dead wood whether we stay up or go down- I think Whittaker, VOO, Bassong, Lafferty etc would be best to move on.

In terms of people we need to bring in- I think we could do with focusing our signing on young players with resale value. Last time in the Championship we spend too much money on players who were always going to struggle at the next level.

[quote user="nat_canaries"]Ruddy, Rudd, Kean;

Jerome, Lafferty, RvW. [/quote]Think you can reasonably assume that those in bold, for one reason or another, won''t be here and those in red will either be past it, not good enough or both.

@Morty

I gave up on him after the Bournemouth game. The laziness of how he gave away the penalty made me think he just doesn''t really care.

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

I gave up on him after the Bournemouth game. The laziness of how he gave away the penalty made me think he just doesn''t really care.[/quote]He''s an enigma still for me, he has all the physical attributes and promise. Last saw him play away at Everton in the cup, and he really impressed. But doesn''t look like getting anywhere near a Premiership matchday squad.Maybe just not good enough, but like I say, still an enigma, for me.

He certainly flashes ability- that cameo against Southampton was a really impressive 20 minutes, yet when he was given the chance to start he looked lost.

[quote user="king canary"]He certainly flashes ability- that cameo against Southampton was a really impressive 20 minutes, yet when he was given the chance to start he looked lost.[/quote]I think, perhaps, had Tettey not got injured, it would have been beneficial to have punted him out on loan again.

I like the little I have seen of Ofoe and think a settled place and he could be a useful player for us.

If we feel Redmond is a key player for us we should keep him for next season if we go down, and let him leave at the end of his deal (if he wants). The benefits of a promotion would outweigh any transfer fee.

If we stay up, we could let him go.