Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

IF (big "IF") we're relegated...

...should we be looking at proven Championship players to bolster what we have as opposed to the Premier, "not quite" boys? Barring Hucks, we''ve had very few that have made the drop down to us and have had far better players seeing us as an up...or even (tin hat on) a step up on their way.

The first player I''d like in would be Alan Judge from Brentford to fill the Wes role and offer something different to Naismith. Extremely gifted and even stood out along with Gray when we spanked them 0-3 away last season.

Any others?

Can''t make out why we didn''t just loan Hooper out for the rest of the season instead of selling him. Just incase we go down. Now relegation looks likely, and with Lafferty probably on his way out, we''re left searching for 3 strikers in one window. Just poor from the club.

TBH come May 15th a majority of our squad will have 2 or more relegations from the Premier League on their CVs. It would be good to see quite a few of them replaced with players that are hungry and on the up, a la the Lambert days, sprinkled with a few that have a point to prove. Of course a robust leader who will fight tooth and nail for us would be handy as well, but sadly Grant Holt''s don''t grow on trees.

The reason we''re going down is because the team is full of only Championship players at best

If we go down, we will have a very strong squad - if our best players stay. The main issue is going to be sorting out our goalscoring problems - we''re going to need to buy at least 2 strikers, 3 if we sell Wolfswinkle as well. What a mess our striking options are when you considering at the start of the season we also had Grabban and Hooper on our books - two very good Championship strikers.

[quote user="daly"]The reason we''re going down is because the team is full of only Championship players at best[/quote]
Who, in our starting eleven and subs - are below Championship standard then?
You consistently talk complete rubbish and very few times are you called out on it, and even fewer times do you even respond. So enlighten me, if our team is full of Championship players at best, that suggests there''s some below Championship standard (the worst). Who are they?

''IF'' we go down, of those on permanent deals, I''d suggest we''ll get offers for Klose, Redmond, Pinto, Olsson, Howson and possibly Brady. Can''t see Mbokani staying and the jury''s out for me on Bamford. Wisdom has already said he''ll be off too.

But, we can build a good squad around those remaining and include the Murphys, Maddison, Thomson, Godfrey, Loza, Morris. We can use the money from those sold to buy 2 centre halves and an experienced striker - Chris Martin?

Aren''t our starting 11, aside of Ruddy, pretty much all regularly starting internationals?

Ruddy - no :(

Martin (and Whitts) - Yes

Klose - Yes

Bassong - Yes

Olsson - Yes

Brady - Yes

O''Neil - No :(

Howson - No :(

Hoolahan/Naismith - Yes

Redmond - Yes (at youth level currently)

Mbokani - Yes

That looks like a Premier League quality squad to me...

If we do go down, it will at least be exciting to see players like Maddison and the Murphy''s given a shot.

That said, we aren''t down yet.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]If we do go down, it will at least be exciting to see players like Maddison and the Murphy''s given a shot.[/quote]
That is very unlikely, they''ll be loaned out again, Maddison like Thompson will more likely loaned back to Coventry for the next few years and the Murphy''s will also join League 1 clubs or lower championship clubs. I can only see Josh potentially coming back as a first team back up.

Hogesar

The reason this team is in the position they are in is because the majority of our team are Championship Footballers, when I refer to at best MEANING not good enough for the Premiership. Why are we in this position were they good enough for TP.

many of the present side would play regular Premiership football for another club.

PS Did not know I had not answered any of your previous quotes in the manner you require, will stand in the corner and quote the Koran for 2 minutes

If we go down I think Klose will go as will Redmond, Whittaker, RVW and possibly Naismith and Pinto. Then we''d need to reinvest that money on another top championship striker like Bamford or McCormack.

And then we''d go straight back up.

But as it stands, we''re above the relegation zone.

Based on a whole load of assumptions (not least that we’ll be relegated in the first place – still looks very much in the balance to me), I could see the following outs if we were to go down:

Wisdom, Mbokani, Bamford (current loans)

Olsson (3m)

Whittaker (1m)

Klose (6m)

Turner (0m)

Brady (6m)

Redmond (6m)

Naismith (4m)

Lafferty (1m)

V Wolfswinkel (1.5m)

That would leave us with:

GKs – Ruddy, Rudd, Kean + youth – fine for the champ.

DR – Pinto, Martin – again, fine for the champ.

DL – Toffolo – would need to target a starting XI left back, or fight to keep hold of Olsson.

DC – Bennett, Bassong, Martin, Gafaiti, Adams – one starting XI signing (replacement for Klose) would put us in decent shape.

MC – O’Neil, Howson, Tettey, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Odjija, Thompson, Godfrey – a decent mix of solidity and creativity for that level.

Wingers – Jarvis, Josh Murphy – would need 1, ideally 2 signings in this area.

AM – Hoolahan, Maddison, Andreu, Jacob Murphy, McGrandles – Is Maddison ready to be 1st reserve to Wes? If not, this is another area we’d need to strengthen.

ST – Jerome, Loza, Morris – 2 signings needed. Maybe a prem loan?

Meaning that we’d be looking at signing a left back, a centre back, 2 wingers, 2 strikers and possibly a creative attacking mid. Sounds daunting, but if we could raise £25m or so from sales (which doesn’t seem too optimistic an estimate) and get a few higher earners off the wage bill we’d have a shot at building a pretty decent squad. Just depends on making the right signings, which is another debate entirely.

Anyway, OTBC. Lets hope all this is academic.

I wonder if we could get BJ back as well if Olsson does go; Brady LB, Johnson at LM again.

For some reason Derby keep playing him in the middle where he''s been (rap (like he normally is at CM).

They paid £6m for him, I wonder if we could get him for around £3-4m?)

There is some rubbish posted in this thread stoped reading after first half a dozen.

Sell RVW who to? nobody will pay good money for a striker with his record. Answer no one only way to get rid is to pay up his £30k salary for last year.

Sell Pinto again see above.

Klose who improved an extremely poor defence but only impressed in 3 games may be sold but not for £8m.

[quote user="daly"]Hogesar

The reason this team is in the position they are in is because the majority of our team are Championship Footballers, when I refer to at best MEANING not good enough for the Premiership. Why are we in this position were they good enough for TP.

many of the present side would play regular Premiership football for another club.

PS Did not know I had not answered any of your previous quotes in the manner you require, will stand in the corner and quote the Koran for 2 minutes[/quote]
That''s fine.
What''s a Koran?

pete wrote the following post at 22/04/2016 3:06 PM:

There is some rubbish posted in this thread stoped reading after first half a dozen.

Sell RVW who to? nobody will pay good money for a striker with his record. Answer no one only way to get rid is to pay up his £30k salary for last year.

Sell Pinto again see above.

Klose who improved an extremely poor defence but only impressed in 3 games may be sold but not for £8m.

----------------------------

How much is Pinto on and what was his relegation wage clause in his contract?

No idea why Derby have consistently played BJ out of position Mrs M, they certainly haven''t got the best out of their £6 million.

I would have him back like a shot, strange thing is the way AN used to talk about BJ, always seemed to be along the lines of "he''s my sort of player" really don''t know why we let him go.

There have been games this season where we have been really struggling for leadership on the field, somebody to do something to rally the crowd. BJ Is just that sort of guy and IMO could have contributed during the latter half of the season. Certainly the sort of player we needed in the dog fight that we now find ourselves.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]Daly smells of bin.[/quote]Absolutely reeks.[/quote]

Idiot plus Bully

I can still smell it, its like a mix of rotting fish, 3 week old picnic egg, and unpaid bills.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Can''t make out why we didn''t just loan Hooper out for the rest of the season instead of selling him. Just incase we go down. Now relegation looks likely, and with Lafferty probably on his way out, we''re left searching for 3 strikers in one window. Just poor from the club.[/quote]

Because Hooper is utter garbageeven at the Championship level and would be utterly disastrous to pay his salary. He''s really "tearing it up" with Sheff. Wednesday, champ... I mean 1 goal in 10 games is amazing...