Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Happy Birthday..

..Hucks who is 40 today.

Just because. (and it''s my birthday too)

Legend.

http://youtu.be/dO11cu-N6f8

Thanks for the clicky.

Agreed. That feeling of ''somethings going to happen'' whenever he was on the ball, has been sadly lacking ever since he left.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]Thanks for the clicky.

Agreed. That feeling of ''somethings going to happen'' whenever he was on the ball, has been sadly lacking ever since he left.[/quote]It was like an unconscious reaction, as soon as he took his first touch, your bum would start to rise off your seat[:D]

Weird story. When i was a lot younger and with my best friend (obsessed with football and everything NCFC) we looked through our Merlin sticker book collection to see who''s birthdays we shared.

I found I shared mine with a promising, up and coming player called Darren Huckerby. From then on (in our naieve youth) I would tease my best friend about him being the best player in the world and followed his career with interest... Needless to say the day we secured him on loan (though a lot older) I contacted my friend and told him I was right all along and what great judgement our club had.

The rest, as they say, is history. From the Boxing Day signing through to the promotion and our season with him in the PL, the memories are treasured and as I said, unfortunately all too infrequently repeated these days. Not before and not since (though Holty comes close) have I been so excited when a player received the ball. The fact he fell in love with the club, the city and the area makes it all that much more special.

A true legend in every sense.

(I do spare my friend a thought now and then....his birthday mate was the one and only...Dean Saunders)