Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

There's Four Games Left..

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

But right now we remain dependent on other result.

[/quote]And if Sunderland lose their game in hand, its back in our own hands again.[/quote]

er - yes; so what part of my highlighted sentence was wrong?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

But right now we remain dependent on other result.

[/quote]And if Sunderland lose their game in hand, its back in our own hands again.[/quote]

er - yes; so what part of my highlighted sentence was wrong?[/quote]Nothing at all, just reiterating the fact that, apart from that one game, it is entirely in our own hands.There is a lot of opinion on here that there is some kind of inevitability about it all, that we have no control over.

Spot on Morty, there are those posters that are only here to beat the club over the head with whatever stick they can find who think having "Yellow" or "Canary" in their username gives them credibility. I tend not to go to many away games these days so I can only speak of the area where I sit for home games, I would say in the main there is not a huge amount of anger at Alex Neil or the club general, any anger only manifests itself for specific reasons such as the reaction to game against Sunderland. I can only speak for myself, and I have said it before on this forum, I will keep supporting Norwich City until the day I shuffle off this mortal coil regardless of the league we are in, I hope we will stay up (the hope both kills you and sustains you!!) but the pragmatic side of me says it will be tough, however it is still in our own hands at the time of writing and to coin a couple of footy cliches "Anything could happen" and "It is a funny old game"........

[quote user="Vanwink"]We don''t have any control over it at the moment, that''s what Zipper said.[/quote]

But that''s just tosh.  Calculations based on Sunderland winning all their games are nonsense - even if they did, we could still do the same which would put us on 43 points and does anyone seriously suggest we''d then be relegated ? 

In the real world, all 3 teams will drop points and the one which survives will be the one which takes advantage of opponents with nothing to play for and pulls out a few results.  I''d guess that 37-38 points will be enough to survive. 

CanaryOne wrote the following post at 21 Apr 2016 12:46 AM:

Its about being a realist or living in some make believe fantasy world , anybody with two eyes can see we are not good enough for this league never have been under the Smiths leadership and never will be .

Um, the club has been in the PL for 4 out of the last 5 seasons. You''re a real Alvin Einsteen.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]We don''t have any control over it at the moment, that''s what Zipper said.[/quote]

But that''s just tosh.  Calculations based on Sunderland winning all their games are nonsense - even if they did, we could still do the same which would put us on 43 points and does anyone seriously suggest we''d then be relegated ? 

In the real world, all 3 teams will drop points and the one which survives will be the one which takes advantage of opponents with nothing to play for and pulls out a few results.  I''d guess that 37-38 points will be enough to survive. 

[/quote]He''s just agreeing with someone that disagreed with me.Its what he does.

In the players minds, after 7 points from 3 games, they thought they had ''turned a corner''. Then there was the loss to Palace, whom you could say was unlucky. Now after the defeat against Sunderland, there''s a whole new mind set. Hopefully it''s just the kick up the rear end they need.

I''m really pleased that in the main this thread has had some great responses. But my post wasn''t about people being positive or negative about our chances. I''m certainly not positive or negative, I think it''s in the balance or too close call if you prefer. The only thing I would add to that is that those people who claim their views to be realism are a bit radio rental. To predict the next four games for one club is hard enough but for three clubs can only be soothsaying at best. If you can do it then please help us with predictions on Rays Funds. In fact join us anyway, there''s some great posters on this thread who would be an asset to our great team of PUPs.

No, my post was out of frustration at the real misery fest on here by posters viewing our relegation as a done deal. The two threads yesterday that brought about my post were the one about wheeling out the manager to face the fans and the one bumped to congratulate those who had predicted relegation from the start. Everyone at the club will be doing their utmost to win the points we need while posters on here are trying to line them up to get their pound of flesh.

I''m no different to anyone else in that my views swing with the results so I would be hypocritical to criticise others. But those who treat our fate as a done deal relegation and glory in it and those who are already demanding fans forums before our fate is known are a far cry from just being positive or negative about our chances.

It''s Character Forming wrote the following post at 21/04/2016 12:12 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

We don''t have any control over it at the moment, that''s what Zipper said.

But that''s just tosh. Calculations based on Sunderland winning all their games are nonsense - even if they did, we could still do the same which would put us on 43 points and does anyone seriously suggest we''d then be relegated ?

In the real world, all 3 teams will drop points and the one which survives will be the one which takes advantage of opponents with nothing to play for and pulls out a few results. I''d guess that 37-38 points will be enough to survive.

Tosh, that''s a bit strong😄. We are now dependent on other results, it''s quite clear, not tosh but just the position that we currently find ourselves in. Is that going to change? Who knows, hopefully yes. With the right string of results leading up to our Arsenal game we could be going into that one in a much stronger position than we are now.

[quote user="nutty nigel"] those who are already demanding fans forums before our fate is known.[/quote]Having been out all day yesterday and not spotting this little gem Nutty was there any indication who might organise these forums ? I have the number for St Andrews Hall if anybody is interested. [;)]

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]The suggestion is on the thread If/When we''re relegated...[/quote]Cheers for that and i just had a read but after seeing personal abuse dished out with pr*ck used twice and (unt decided best to let it drift away down the page.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]The suggestion is on the thread If/When we''re relegated...[/quote]Cheers for that and i just had a read but after seeing personal abuse dished out with pr*ck used twice and (unt decided best to let it drift away down the page.[/quote]You''re such a sensitive soul[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]The suggestion is on the thread If/When we''re relegated...[/quote]Cheers for that and i just had a read but after seeing personal abuse dished out with pr*ck used twice and (unt decided best to let it drift away down the page.[/quote]You''re such a sensitive soul[:D][/quote]Not sensitive at all but once the slippery slope of bad language and abuse gains momentum on here there is only one way the thread goes Morty.

I''m still optimistic but I think this weekend is key. If we fall into the bottom 3, I can''t see us getting out again as momentum will be with the other 2 and physcologically, this would be very damaging IMHO.

However, if we manage to stay out, Newcastle will have played a game more and Sunderland the same so advantage us again, albeit only very slightly.

Sadly although there is still some hope. Part of me Can''t write off the escape but part of me has this familiar feel about us and relegation scraps.

Someone once posted that it is never wrong to post an opinion. I think they forgot to add ''as long as it''s the opinion I hold.''

What some call a misery fest others will call a pragmatic assessment of our situation. When I look at our remaining fixtures and then reflect on a defence that is as watertight as a colander and a forward line so rampant that, after 34 games, our highest goal scorers have a mind boggling 5 goals each I would consider the optimists to be slightly deluded.

Having said that, I hope to God that we stay up.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m really pleased that in the main this thread has had some great responses. But my post wasn''t about people being positive or negative about our chances. I''m certainly not positive or negative, I think it''s in the balance or too close call if you prefer. The only thing I would add to that is that those people who claim their views to be realism are a bit radio rental. To predict the next four games for one club is hard enough but for three clubs can only be soothsaying at best. If you can do it then please help us with predictions on Rays Funds. In fact join us anyway, there''s some great posters on this thread who would be an asset to our great team of PUPs.

No, my post was out of frustration at the real misery fest on here by posters viewing our relegation as a done deal. The two threads yesterday that brought about my post were the one about wheeling out the manager to face the fans and the one bumped to congratulate those who had predicted relegation from the start. Everyone at the club will be doing their utmost to win the points we need while posters on here are trying to line them up to get their pound of flesh.

I''m no different to anyone else in that my views swing with the results so I would be hypocritical to criticise others. But those who treat our fate as a done deal relegation and glory in it and those who are already demanding fans forums before our fate is known are a far cry from just being positive or negative about our chances.[/quote]

I agree completely with NN.  Also I''m quoting his post so the previous poster can perhaps actually read what he''s said.  Which he doesn''t seem to have done before posting.

Don''t you mean bog paper?

If being pragmatic is having issues so be it. Some of the so called optimism shown on this thread is like the person whose heavily in debt, about to have their house repossessed but is smiling because they are bound to win the lottery on Saturday.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Don''t you mean bog paper?

If being pragmatic is having issues so be it. Some of the so called optimism shown on this thread is like the person whose heavily in debt, about to have their house repossessed but is smiling because they are bound to win the lottery on Saturday.[/quote]Its nothing like it though, is it?Because we can whinge and whine all we want, but at the end of the day we''ll do nothing about it, those of us who go to games will probably still do so. We''ll start the season with optimism and hope.Yes, a wee whine is fine, where justified, but I see it, ultimately, as pretty pointless.

Newcastle will survive, they will get 3 easy peasy points when they play Villa, and look capable of more points, so for me, its us and Sunderland for the drop.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Newcastle will survive, they will get 3 easy peasy points when they play Villa, and look capable of more points, so for me, its us and Sunderland for the drop.[/quote]Big fat Sam > The fat Spanish waiter.