Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

We really needed Morrison.

Just look at the effect he''s had at Palace. Where are we suffering? We can''t defend for toffee. Where else? WE CAN''T FIND THE BACK OF THE NET!! We need another striker as much as, if not more than we need to retain Davenport. At least when Davenport has gone we''ll still have Shacks.Sometimes a new player gives a team just the lift they need (esp when the new player bangs in winning goals), Worthy recognised this and Palace''s progression only goes to show he was right in trying to get him. What cost now that failure?How much expectation now rests on McKenzie, the McKenzie that finished last season?

[quote]Just look at the effect he''s had at Palace. Where are we suffering? We can''t defend for toffee. Where else? WE CAN''T FIND THE BACK OF THE NET!! We need another striker as much as, if not more than we ...[/quote]

And why, my good friend, would Morrison want to come here ?

Oh my god you''re having a laugh - we last thing we need is another striker we already have 7!!!!!!!!!!!! To go after Morrison was when I lost faith in Worthy - why buy another forward when the real problems are in defence and now in midfield.

[quote]And why, my good friend, would Morrison want to come here ?[/quote]

He wouldn''t, and didn''t, and it''s a bit of a problem isn''t it. I bet we seem equally appealing to George Burley right now so do let''s all be holding our breath.

[quote]Oh my god you''re having a laugh - we last thing we need is another striker we already have 7!!!!!!!!!!!! To go after Morrison was when I lost faith in Worthy - why buy another forward when the real pr...[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. It was the same last season when we desperately needed a defender. We got an aging midfielder instead. Worthy just doesn''t have a clue. His ineptness in the transfer market has cost this club far more than his inept tactics, and that''s quite an achievement.