Sign in to follow this  
Year of the tiger

Ref for Saturday

Having read one or two comments about how the ref usually screws us at Arsenal I waited with baited breath to see who the powers that be have allocated. I should have known. None other than Mike Jones who has a record of awarding penalties against us including the infamous Arsenal game in 2013. There a penalty was awarded on the say so of the linesman in the last 5 minutes, who then managed to miss a foul & offside as they won 3 - 1. So does it surprise anyone that Mr Richard West will again be the linesman.

Oh & just to add the deep joy Mr K Friend is 4th official.

Perhaps they''ll even things up for us? To be fair, we are getting to the point, rightly or wrongly, where it would be tricky to find a ref we liked...

It hardly matters as Arsenal'' current poor run of form is bound to end now they have us to play. It''s the Norwich way don''t you know.

To be honest, I don''t think it would make any difference if we had Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Mr. Magoo as the officials. Arsenal are desperate for points following their wake up call at the weekend, and we just don''t have the quality to stop them if they bring their ''A'' game (probably not even if they bring their ''B'' or ''C'' game at the moment).

With Stoke currently playing in their Speedos I fully expect Sunderland to be 3 points clear of us after the weekend.

I will be making the journey to the smoke more in hope than anticipation.

You could not make it up.

I know the majority of refs are bad etc etc but this appointment is as bad as it could get, with the previous 3-1 result in mind. I remember thinking after that game that it was the first time I truly believed in match fixing involving one of our games.

This is the sort of thing that AN should mention in the presser on Thursday. Just to keep the pressure on - or the mind games . Other managers would. A bit like Pardews "the best ref in the league" comment about the hapless Oliver.

This is a rubbish appointment for us. But it is the sort of season we are having. Tottenham will now play Newcastle in a meaningless last game of the season without Dele Alli .

Hey ho.

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2016/04/26/unlucky-or-victims-of-flawed-technique-theres-more-than-meets-the-eye-when-we-bemoan-lady-lucks-influence/

This article sums it up perfectly for me.

Refs are infuriating but our predicament is down to us the manager, the players. Absolutely no one else.