Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Alan Pardew - "I'm desperate Newcastle stay up."

So that''s him and Michael Oliver

Conspiracy looms it''s ugly head again.

I wonder who Chris Hughton would prefer to stay up?

I am fairly sure Pardew would love to stick one over on Newcastle but just can''t see him playing any of his "key" players, so we will have to rely on Newcastle being even more gash than usual and a 0-0 draw.

0-0 will do me. Then a win vs villa and hope that a) we win at least one of our games and b) alliless spurs decide to show up on the final day with nothing to play for.

Sunderland worry me way more.

Plenty of teams are on the beach now, we can''t rely on anyone else and just need to take advantage of any teams we''re playing who aren''t fully up for it.

Having said that, I wouldn''t trust anything Pardew says.  If he''d said "Norwich and Sunderland can rely on us to field a full strength side and go for it 100%" I wouldn''t believe it.  Obviously they are going to be preparing 100% for the cup final and the league is pretty much irrelevant, but you don''t want to have your team switch off now, because it''s then hard to get them to switch back on.  In some ways it''s better that they have the cup to prepare for, otherwise they wouldn''t have any focus for the game at all.

& I wouldn''t be surprised if secretly he does have a bit of a desire to put one over them.

A home win here wouldn''t be a shock though, and given Newcastle only have 3 games left, for them a win is probably essential to have any real chance of survival.  If Palace get a draw I will be very pleased.

After that comment if he said it and Palace lose it does seem grounds for serious complaint. Questions ought to be asked as to why Palace were not doing all in their power to win the game. Pardew probably in trouble again because if they don''t get at least a point the result has been posted. Akin to match fixing.