Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

Any solid news on Klose injury?

Such bad luck for him, and us.  Wish him a speedy recovery, and hope he is with us next season in whatever league we are in.

He gave us false hope, well he did me anyway, shame. Like OR said hope he is with us next season wherever we are, class player.

He did sign a 3:5 year contract with us in Jan 16 so is with us until July 19, unless he has a release clause

Maybe, selfishly, Klose missing the Euros will work in our favour, less chance of him being poached had he gone and played well.

Disappointing but no big surprise.

If we stay up, obviously he''ll be a fantastic addition to the team next season.  If we go down, realistically he''ll be sold, but at Champ level our other CB players are decent so it''s not the end of the world.

Lots of people keep saying that Klose will be sold if we are relegated, and Naismith too, but I seriously doubt that. How many players can you name that left a relegated club having signed in January of the same year?

Potentially won''t see him in a Norwich shirt again, unless we manage to pull a rabbit out of the relegation hat I really can''t see him sticking around for the Championship.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Lots of people keep saying that Klose will be sold if we are relegated, and Naismith too, but I seriously doubt that. How many players can you name that left a relegated club having signed in January of the same year?[/quote]

Hull bought Dame N''Doye the January they went down then sold him to Trabzonspor the following Summer. To be fair he seems a bit of a mercenary so imagine he would''ve had some kind of relegation clause in his contract.

I actually think we will hold onto Klose, Naismith I''m not so sure about.

If people think Klose will be here next season they are seriously mistaken . Klose was out after the scan on the Tuesday after the Palace game. I did say so. But you guys don''t have to listen.....

He will be gone unfortunately if we go down. With only Jerome and Ricky as strikers, we''ll need at least 2 more including a 20 goal plus merchant. The transfer money will finance that.

1. He is far too good for the Championship2. He is definitely PL class and has proved it in one of the 4 worst teams in the PL3. Class CB''s with PL, and Champions League, experience are very thin on the ground and nearly all PL teams are looking for one4. PL Clubs will have seen him perform for us and he will certainly be on many Club''s wish lists by now.5. There''s loads a money for PL Clubs next season so price + contract terms + compensation will not be an issue.6. If we go down he won''t be here next season - nothing is more certain

Either way we are in a win-win situation. If he stays it''s good, but if we do sell him we will be looking for a hefty transfer fee and will most definitely secure a decent profit, should go for £10 million without any problem at all.