Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

Any solid news on Klose injury?

I''ve seen a couple of people says he''s out for months with knee ligament damage but I don''t know where that has come from and have seen or heard anything official on it from the club. Have I missed something or is it radio silence?

I think we need 5 points to survive and might do it with Klose in the team. Doubt we will get those points without him.

Report of Neil''s post-Sunderland prognosis at http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/timm_klose_faces_a_major_battle_to_return_for_the_premier_league_run_in_reveals_alex_neil_after_norwich_city_s_3_0_sunderland_defeat_1_4497935

Sorry, can''t make it clicky on my phone.

I couldn''t see the logic in initially saying he might be fit for the Sunderland game and then saying he was out for the season after he didn''t make that match....unless he really will be back for the Arsenal game and it was all mind games on AN''s part.

A damaged ligament would take around 4-6 weeks for a tear, even if it was a very slight injury it won''t be much under that because he won''t want to risk his chance of playing at the Euro''s I''m sure. Bearing in mind Sunderland match was on the 16th, it makes it unlikely he will feature again as he won''t return until the end of May. That said someone in another thread said physioroom has him pencilled in as back for the end of April.

Best case scenario he has swelling but no tear or major damage, you''d still expect him to miss 2-3 weeks.

My personal conclusion is that it''s unlikely he''ll play again this season if the reports citing ligament damage are true.

[quote user="AJ"]A damaged ligament would take around 4-6 weeks for a tear, even if it was a very slight injury it won''t be much under that because he won''t want to risk his chance of playing at the Euro''s I''m sure. Bearing in mind Sunderland match was on the 16th, it makes it unlikely he will feature again as he won''t return until the end of May. That said someone in another thread said physioroom has him pencilled in as back for the end of April.

Best case scenario he has swelling but no tear or major damage, you''d still expect him to miss 2-3 weeks.

My personal conclusion is that it''s unlikely he''ll play again this season if the reports citing ligament damage are true.[/quote]It is all kind of odd, and normally physioroom have reasonably accurate information.Alex initially said he had hyper extended his knee, which if you wanted to, you could call that ligament damage, as the ligaments are stretched, but I have to admit it''s tenuous.I think its more likely that they are unsure of the exact recovery time, rather than playing games, the same probably counts for Wisdom.

if one player is injured 3-4 weeks he always need 2-3 more games to return his confidence and form.

Even if Klose is back for last game I not see him in top condition as before injury.

We must stick with what we have and try to catch some points and pray Sunderland/Newcastle didn''t.

Schedule and mood is not our way so will be very hard but is nothing new for all of us Norwich fans -:)

[quote user="Boris"]Even if Klose is back for last game I not see him in top condition as before injury.

We must stick with what we have -:)[/quote]A 75% fit Klose is arguably better than a 100% fit Bassong

Just looked on Physio room, and they have Tettey, Klose and Wisdom all down as "no return date".An unexpected return of Klose or Tettey before the end of the season would be most welcome.

[quote user="morty"]Just looked on Physio room, and they have Tettey, Klose and Wisdom all down as "no return date".An unexpected return of Klose or Tettey before the end of the season would be most welcome.[/quote] I''m just pinning my hopes on an unexpected 6 points ......... [:D]

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsf2cxdkv3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsf2cxdkv3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I''m not sure what to make of the photo, those anti-grav treadmills are very effective but that doesn''t mean he can fully put weight on his leg yet. But, he''s using his knee in any case so surely can''t be that bad. I doubt he''ll play this weekend but it gives hope he might make the last couple of games.

Hopefully his comment '''' On my way '''' is good news for us all

To me, just looks like the very first steps on recovery, with still a long way to go. Hope I''m wrong but still be surprised to see him this season.

[quote user="morty"][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsf2cxdkv3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsf2cxdkv3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]I wonder if that machine dries pants as well? Could make a fortune.

I also took it as the initial steps towards recovery. Although I have this perhaps false hope that he takes his place against Man United and leads us to unlikely victory. What a story it would be. We would f''n solid with Klose at the back.

I''m pessimistic we''ll see him playing again this season so I''m pessimistic for our survival chances.  But I think someone once said "pessimism of the intellect - optimism of the will !".  Which kind of makes sense here.

This is where you need someone with inside knowledge to tell us if he''s nearly fit

clubs press release this lunch time confirms that he is on a long haul back to fitness and we need to come to terms with the fact he isnt going to play.

Wisdom confirmed back to pool as out for the season too