Sign in to follow this  
craigbrown2015

1986-87 - Arsenal 1-2 Norwich - what happened?

Here''s a mystery does any Norwich fan know what happened in 1986-87 when @NorwichCityFC Norwich beat @Arsenal 2-1 at Highbury? Who scored Norwich''s two goals and who scored for Arsenal? The game was played May 9th 1987 and Norwich finished 5th in the first division under Ken Brown''s management.

Was that Kevin Drinkell who scored the first goal? Rosario scored the second. Let''s hope Norwich can beat Arsenal for the 10th time and get their 3rd win away against Arsenal. It would be a first victory at The Emirates!! Time to break that awful record!!

I remember that game, it was our best finish at the time and one of my first away games in London. One thing I do recall is that Martin Hayes missed a pen for them right at the death, he was their top scorer and blazed well over....odd that it''s not on the highlights, but I''m sure I''m right!

The video caption says Ian Crook made it 1-0. Merson equalises to make it 1-0. Then for second goal cross comes in from corner - Bruce & Rosario get touches - but Putney gets final touch to score!!

I have done a bit more digging and it does appear that it was indeed Crook who got the first.Good site this - [url]http://www.worldfootball.net/report/premier-league-1986-1987-arsenal-fc-norwich-city/[/url]