Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Lambert activates release clause

I don''t wish for his return but wouldn''t be as disappointed as some would be, yes he left under a cloud but there was blatantly more to it than any of us know and despite appearances he didn''t actually do that badly at Blackburn considering the state they are in. First season a respectable finish despite operating under a transfer embargo and this season had his best players sold and not replaced and a behind the scenes that should be in Yorkshire not Lancashire! Despite it all he''s still managed something like a 33% win ratio.

Lambert''s experience at clubs and record in getting promotions plus keeping us in the Premiership versus Neil''s experience at clubs and record in getting promotions plus keeping us in the Premiership?In theory, I''d have Lambert in charge by Saturday.

Just say he were to come back...how long do you think he would stay again before then ''next big opportunity'' came along and he bailed out?

Great manger at the time, jumped ship for greener pastures, landed in a world of sh*te...

Apples

[quote user="julian hudson"]Lambert''s experience at clubs and record in getting promotions plus keeping us in the Premiership versus Neil''s experience at clubs and record in getting promotions plus keeping us in the Premiership?In theory, I''d have Lambert in charge by Saturday.[/quote]

An interesting analysis and one that I would whole heartedly agree with

Lambert has never been the same since he lost Culverhouse and Karsa, huge parts of our success under Lambert. Without them, he seems to struggle. Remember those days with Roy Keane.

If Lambert returned to us in the Championship, I predict that it would just be massively underwhelming. Always comparing him and his results to last time. It just shouldn''t happen. Ever again. We had our fun, he left us without a thought and would now take us back like a shot, but no, like a jilted lover, we need to move on. And have done. We have a superb manager. Remember, he''s only 34 years old and he''s already achieved so much. Imagine what he''ll be like with another 5-10 years under his belt. Be a shame if another club benefitted from that.

Til, I would say that people very much appreciate his time here, and all that was achieved. It was almost a ''perfect storm'' for us as a Club, and him in his Managerial career. It worked for BOTH of us.

The bone(s) of contention seem to be in his manner of departure (and to where) , and his subsequent lack of success, and to be honest, his professional judgement. ( I say, professional deliberately, as opposed to personal, which is another side of things) I mean, Villa?, Blackburn? Wow

He will always be considered one of our most successful Managers, (even though he only had 1 season in the top flight with us)

One of the best ever? For me, no (because of what I have just stated) but very good? Yes from me.

The point is he left because he was ambitious and just like now the Club was obsessed with it''s debt free status and was not prepared to back him to the extent it would take to secure a long term Premiership future!

Our seven year plan may have been partially achieved but we do not have a clue how to manage the next step.

We are Championship (at best) through and through and until there are changes at the top this will continue to be the case. I have watched the last few Sunderland and Newcastle games and they clearly have stepped up a gear (particularly Sunderland) and sadly just like a few seasons ago we do not have it in us.

We need n''t worry about Lambert being gutted that we will not have him back, he is on his way to Celtic always a long term ambition of his!

I''ll always have massive respect for what Lambert did for us but it doesn''t mean I want him back.

If Celtic take him it''s a breathtaking admission by them of how low they have to go to recruit a manager, amazing.