Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Lambert activates release clause

Just announced that he will leave Blackburn at the end of the season.

I wonder where he is going ? Celtic perhaps ? Or.......

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"]Beat me by a minute[;)]I was too busy tweeting to Waveney about it.[/quote]How many tweets did you send?[/quote]lol...Would need a few.[/quote]He just has the one twitter account, I think.[:)]

He''ll no doubt hold out for something which matches his level of ambition...Colchester United anyone?

Apples

Interesting development I wonder if Ed Balls on his special day will join the dots look at our predicament and try and persuade him to come back for another push at Canary glory

[quote user="Hull Canary"]Interesting development I wonder if Ed Balls on his special day will join the dots look at our predicament and try and persuade him to come back for another push at Canary glory[/quote]Go on now go walk out the door

Just turn around now

''Cause you''re not welcome anymore

Weren''t you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye

Did you think I''d crumble

Did you think I''d lay down and die

Oh no, not I

I will survive.......

Well his extensive European experience and inside knowledge proved a roaring success at Villa...

Apples

Even Houghton (and his Houghtonball at their worst tactics) should be able to win the SPL with the resources Celtic have so not sure it''d be much of a risk. Perhaps he''s freeing himself up to be available for the post?

Apples

He''s not exactly done his career any favours since he left us.  Can''t see him coming back, if he''d been straight and honest with everyone at the time that would be a possibility, but there you go.  Not sure we''d want him anyway - just remember Mike Walker''s second stint.

I will always remember what he did for us, but it was quite a while ago now.

Ambitious man, ambitious move. Clearly thinks he can do better than Blackburn who are a (chicken in a) basket case. Celtic, with the Old Firm back on, would be a good move. Good luck to him, the Judas tw*t.

Have to ask, but hypothetically, how would people react and feel if the board sacked AN and bought back Lambert?

I know not many managers are as good second time round but I''d be pretty happy.......does that make me a bad fan?

Had Lambert given us one more season his career could''ve been so different. Had he led us to another mid table finish better clubs than Aston Villa would''ve come in for him, surely. He could''ve gone to Everton for example, which would''ve been a fantastic move for him. Due to his impatience, his career has taken quite the downturn.

Lambert was linked with Celtic when he was here, we were top of League One at the time. His response to the link was ''teams play each other 3/4 times a season up there. I''m not interested in managing in that league'', or words to that effect. He''d take Celtic now though because beggars can''t be choosers. Funny how things turn out. Celtic would be a good move for him and eventually he may stop off to manage Scotland too but I for one thought he was destined for way more than that. Randy Lerner and Aston Villa killed his career really, but he has nobody to blame but himself.

[quote user="Indy"]Have to ask, but hypothetically, how would people react and feel if the board sacked AN and bought back Lambert?

I know not many managers are as good second time round but I''d be pretty happy.......does that make me a bad fan?[/quote]

Probably not a manager returning to a club after a good 1st spell often ends very badly.

[quote user="Indy"]Have to ask, but hypothetically, how would people react and feel if the board sacked AN and bought back Lambert?

I know not many managers are as good second time round but I''d be pretty happy.......does that make me a bad fan?[/quote]
I would love it.  Ricky would become our Aguero, Tettey would become a Viera + Petit highlights package, and Beckenbauer would be referred to as "the prototype of Klose".
Still, memories of Mike Walker mk 2 should not be taken lightly.
So in summary, no.

Nah not for me. He lacks Karsa and Culverhouse too, who were obviously a huge part of our success during that time. Lambert returning to Norwich will never happen. Too much water under the bridge. We''d be going backwards, in more ways than one. Alex Neil is the man for the long term.

Spot on with that - he hasn''t done well without Karsa and Culverhouse.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Lambert era, but I think Alex is is the man for us. Genuine bloke, works hard, and cares. He will be gutted if we go down, and he deserves our loyalty.

If Alex had left I wouldn''t rule out Lambert, but I wouldn''t choose to replace him.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Nah not for me. He lacks Karsa and Culverhouse too, who were obviously a huge part of our success during that time. Lambert returning to Norwich will never happen. Too much water under the bridge. We''d be going backwards, in more ways than one. Alex Neil is the man for the long term.[/quote]Do you really think so? IF we do down there will be a lot of pressure and expectation possibly even more so than this season. He has to deliver the goods, and quick. Getting us promoted twice to the PL would be one hell of an achievement. Good luck to him!As for Lambert, he really is a piece of work now. First Col U, then us, now Blackburn. Given our record against Lambert as manager that''s 6 points we''ll pick up against Blackburn, should we go down.

I know not many managers are as good second time round but I''d be pretty happy.......does that make me a bad fan?[/quote]No.Just no.

He was the right man at the right time for us, everything clicked and it was wonderful. What''s he done snce though?

Thanks but no thanks.

He did great things for this club. Apart from the promotions it was also that feeling he gave us that we could go out there and beat anyone or at least give it a bloody good go, whether we did or we didn''t.

I hope he does well elsewhere just not if he comes up against us.

He remains a tough act to follow.

Vanwink wrote;

He was the right man at the right time for us, everything clicked and it was wonderful. What''s he done snce though?

Thanks but no thanks.

Sums it up perfectly for me, was great, lets look forward not backwards, that ship has sailed.

I am just so disappointed that many on here want to put the man down. Having seen so many managers over the years at NCFC Lambert is way up there with the best of them. Yes it appears he walked out on us but there was something going on in the boardroom that we will never ever know about. To know that you only had to listen to Alan Bowkett at the subsequent AGM.To leave Blackburn is no surprise as they are the next basket case club along the lines of Leeds just you wait and see.