Sign in to follow this  
AmericanNorwichFan

5ATB vs Arsenal?

I could see it working wonders. Sit back, the longer they go w/ out a goal, the better for us.

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Bennett Mulumbu (I''ll explain) Brady

Howson O''Neil

Redmond

Mbokani

It frees up Redmond and allows Pinto and Brady to roam and Martin to control the tempo from the back. Now for Mulumbu, I know he hasn''t been impressive, but quite frankly Bassong is a disaster waiting to happen. Mulumbu is only 5''10 (1.77m), but I think his physicality and ball playing ability could come in handy. This may just be me trying to find any reason for Bassong not to play.

I suspect starting with ten men against Arsenal at The Emirates is a disaster waiting to happen.........

No problem with 10 men ,all we have to do is play the Sunderland way and hypnotise the ref.

Perhaps Alex can beat some beat some of their players up.

5 at the back is a good call. but Mulumbo ?????

Ruddy

Martin

Pinto Bennett Bassong Olsson

Howson O''Neil Brady

Mbokani Redmond

palace played with 2 up against them a couple of weeks ago and caused problems, kick and run football, balls over the top.

Skip

"5 at the back is a good call. but Mulumbo ?????

Ruddy

Martin

Pinto Bennett Bassong Olsson

Howson O''Neil Brady

Mbokani Redmond

palace played with 2 up against them a couple of weeks ago and caused problems, kick and run football, balls over the top. "

I think you may have hit the button there Skip.

That would be my team sheet. I maybe one of the few that still think Naismith could come good for us but for this game I go with your picks.

Think Jerome has to start in this game if we want to stand any chance of stretching their defence.

This report is probably why I wouldn''t start with Jerome

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/kteiv5xj6uil1t3_kgwxmg/Show/The-Premier-Leagues-Most-Ineffective-XI

Mulumbu (the out-of-form midfielder, who has NEVER played in any defence) to play in defence? Possibly the daftest suggestion I''ve heard for a long long time..

Also - if we do play 5 atb then we''d need to play 4 in midfield or our "free ranging" wingbacks will be outnumbered by Arsenal wide players. Which means a tough job for Mbokani trying to hold the ball up - which will result in 90mins of pressure and a thrashing..

when was the last time Arsenal scored from a cross? we need to defend the width of our posts.

i would also consider putting Brady at right wing back to stop sanchez cutting in.

We have nothing to lose in this game so we might as well go for it.In a way it''s a bit like a free go so we might as well go there with a fair amount of attacking intent.There is nothing to gain by being ultra defensive because that''s unlikely to work against Arsenal.At some stage we will make a mistake and will need a goal so better to try & get it during the full 90 minutes rather than have to panic, and fail to get one, in the last 20 minutes.It''s time to be brave.

See what you mean MP, but slightly disagree.

We have three points to lose for a starters.

However, a draw would be a marvellous result and it would nicely set the team up for a slightly more easy run in than an away fixture at the Emirates. This is by far our hardest remaining games and anything resulting from it would be a bonus.

For this reason I would prefer a more defensively minded set-up.

May be even five at the back as has been suggested.

If Martin is fully recovered and able to start, I''d much prefer him to Bennett at RCB. Arsenal aren''t going to bombard us with high balls, and Martin offers much more when we are going forward.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]If Martin is fully recovered and able to start, I''d much prefer him to Bennett at RCB. Arsenal aren''t going to bombard us with high balls, and Martin offers much more when we are going forward.[/quote]Which leaves Whittaker or Pinto at RB?Possibly a bit too adventurous?

I''d prefer to leave Bassong out, but as we only have two ''proper''

centre-backs available I''d include him in a defence minded 5-4-1 - it''s

Arsenal where we''ve only won twice since 1972, so a point garnered would

suffice nicely thanks - that said, I''m predicting a 2-1 victory in our favour [Y]5-4-1:RuddyMartin - cbBennett - cbBassong - cbPinto - dmrOlsson - dmlHowson - mMulumbo - dmO''Neil - mNaismith - amMbokani - ssubs:RuddBradyJarvisHoolahanRedmondDorransJerome

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Death or glory...Pinto and Redmond on the RHS, Ollson and Brady on the LHS.

Apples[/quote]Blimey[:D]

Broadstairs

"For this reason I would prefer a more defensively minded set-up.

May be even five at the back as has been suggested."

I''m not sure five at the back is a more defensive line up Broadstairs, it gives more options wide going forward.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]If Martin is fully recovered and able to start, I''d much prefer him to Bennett at RCB. Arsenal aren''t going to bombard us with high balls, and Martin offers much more when we are going forward.[/quote]Which leaves Whittaker or Pinto at RB?Possibly a bit too adventurous?[/quote] Pinto has already faced Arsenal twice this year, in the CL group stages. Maybe even he is capable of learning from experience!

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]If Martin is fully recovered and able to start, I''d much prefer him to Bennett at RCB. Arsenal aren''t going to bombard us with high balls, and Martin offers much more when we are going forward.[/quote]Which leaves Whittaker or Pinto at RB?Possibly a bit too adventurous?[/quote] Pinto has already faced Arsenal twice this year, in the CL group stages. Maybe even he is capable of learning from experience![/quote][Y]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]If Martin is fully recovered and able to start, I''d much prefer him to Bennett at RCB. Arsenal aren''t going to bombard us with high balls, and Martin offers much more when we are going forward.[/quote]Which leaves Whittaker or Pinto at RB?Possibly a bit too adventurous?[/quote] Pinto has already faced Arsenal twice this year, in the CL group stages. Maybe even he is capable of learning from experience![/quote]Could provide some excitement, I guess!

Pinto is much more suited to a back five IMO, no idea what sort of role he played at his previous club, but certainly would be happy to see him there tomorrow for us.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man! And for that reason I''d also have Bammers (and his lovely mop of hair) up top.

Apples