Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Score v Arsenal

Feels like it''s been an age since the Sunderland game, so maybe time for thoughts/score v Arsenal. Is a point too optimistic? Can''t really see the gunners not scoring again but will go for a hugely hopeful 1-1.

3-1 loss, can''t see Arsenal playing as poor as they did last weekend. Still it''s football and anything can happen.

Arsenal thrive on no-pressure games and I can see them having c. 70% possession, 20 shots on goal of which 12 are on target, and winning 4-0.
Much as my heart says we could scrape a point, I can''t see how we can score and I can''t see how they won''t score.
I might have a dose of Binfluenza, but it''s not going to be pretty IMO.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]4-0. Giroud bags a couple.[/quote]
The one bonus for us at the moment is Giroud is in full-on "pub striker" mode.  He may however be dropped for Welbeck which would be a shame.

I more predict Giroud to score, whether he starts or not, because he hasn''t scored in 14 and the next team he faces is us with Seb Bassong in defence.

Can''t see us keeping them from walking the ball in the net without Klose organising and mopping up. I hope we show better forward play after a bit of time on the training ground, enough to give us some hope for the remaining 3 games anyway. 4-2 to Arsenal.

If you wanna make money this weekend lump on Ground anytime scorer, assuming he starts obviously. Hasn''t scored in 14 league games. Next up Norwich City. Run ended. Happens every single time. Either way a heavy defeat is on the cards.

[quote user="Herman "]Keith Scott to start a thread at 19.15 on saturday night-1/3.[/quote][:D]

Spot on Keith lad. You can beg, borrow and steal as much as you can and put it on Giroud to score anytime and collect at the final whistle. A complete certainty if there ever was one.

Well, it''s good to know we''re all feeling positive and still optimistic we can get something. Not.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Well, it''s good to know we''re all feeling positive and still optimistic we can get something. Not.[/quote]Ignore them - it''s only the ones who are hoping we will get relegated so that they can say "told you so months ago"You know, the ones who are conspicuous by their absence when we get a result and think that the Championship is fine until we''re in it & then don''t look like getting out of it.

I''d like to think we can get something, but there is very little evidence to suggest that we can. Alex Neil has not come across as a tactical genius recently and his team looked slow, stolid and bereft of ideas against Sunderland. Struggling to contain Defoe does not fill me with hope that Cazorla, Ozil etc will be any less effective. Arsenal need to cement their Champions Lge place still and I expect it to be a tough afternoon for us sadly.

On a more positive note though I do think that the remaining 3 games are winnable.

Anything could happen as both teams have the potential to implode. Nothing would surprise me in this one, logic says a comfortable Arsenal win, but Norwich are overdue an away shock