Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

City vs Arsenal match thread and lineups

[quote user="GJP"]I disagree about it being the story of the season. Today we gave it a good go, plenty of times we haven''t.[/quote]

Completely agree. Had we have done this against Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea, Villa, Sunderland, Southampton earlier in the season… The list goes on, we would''ve won more games.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Not good enough in every third. As for the fans giving up first. I beg to differ. None of that side seem to give a shit. We have settled under the ideology of little old norwich. Waste of time playing our games in the prem.[/quote]A stupid comment. There was no lack of effort.

Played well and if we had hit those levels all season we would be ok now , still so weak up front nobody looks like scoring . Most likely we now need 9 from the last 3 to have a chance.

Theres no pressure on them, we can happily waltz down to the championship and its all "well we gave it our best shot" etc. Happily playing little ol'' norwich. Back to the championship where we belong.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Played well and if we had hit those levels all season we would be ok now , still so weak up front nobody looks like scoring . Most likely we now need 9 from the last 3 to have a chance.[/quote]

Nah not 9. 6 or 7 from the last 3.

Much better than Sunderland. As has been said we just don''t have the quality to properly compete in this league.

No lack of energy and were not quite finished yet. Still think there will be another twist in this race and let''s hope for once it is us just outisde the bottom three.

There is still 9 points to play for and if we put in that level of performance we''ve got a chance.

Thought we would be in for a drubbing today but the back line played really well, so that''s a positive to take into the ManU game. Bassong clearing instead of faffing about with it. If only we had taken one of our chances but that is the difference at this level. Welbeck has one chance, scores. Redders has 3, misses them all.

I think Gary o Neil''s chance is the best one, he has to at least make the keeper pull something special off with that

What I''m getting at is that theres no accountability. It''s deemed okay that we are off down. Frustrating when you see what the likes of bournemouth, stoke, wba, swansea and other similar sized clubs have done in our situation. We get ourselves these great opportunities to really put ourselves on the map and then just casually blow them like it doesn''t matter. One of these days, the opportunities will dry out and it''ll be back to ipswichesque championship mediocrity.

Newcastle and sunderland want it more.

I wasn''t expecting anything from that game but we played well-although Arsenal were below par-and if we can keep up the commitment in the last 3 games I think we can stay up. A point or 3 against Man Utd, 3 against Watford who were shocking until Villa went down to 10 men, and it all rests on Everton away.

A decent performance today and certainly nothing to do with lack of effort. Silly comment really.

Unfortunately our quality wasn''t quite there. It''s such small margins but a couple of top saves from Chech and a good finish and that was enough. We had better chances but couldn''t take them.

It''s not over yet but it''s getting so we can''t really afford to drop many more. Six points might be enough?

No lack of effort at all Tettey''s Jig, stupid comment, as Sky said at halftime they played exceptionally well particularly in the first half, where they were well organised and disciplined.

I do agree If we had played like that against the teams around us we''d be well clear by now but like Hairy I still think 6 pts could be enough, don''t see either Newcastle or Sunderland getting more than 36pts looking at their fixtures

I''m confused - did Newcastle want it more when we beat them 3-2 a few games ago?

I don''t mind people pointing out that we lack quality in the final third, but let''s not talk about other teams wanting it more. That''s just emotional bollocks.

We played well, with heart and organisation against a team that ultimately are light years ahead of us. We worked hard, and made them look lucky to get anything, certain it''s easier to understand now why they didn''t win the league, nowhere near as ruthless as you need to be.

Our season? Well we could win our last 3 and see what happens, I doubt we have it in us now though. I''d expect Newcastle now to have that final push, the Benitez thing is finally kicking in.

In a way though at least we haven''t truel fallen apart as a club both on and off the pitch, there will be plenty to work with next season. If Klose stays he will be head and shoulders the best defender in the league and it would take only a couple of clever signings to make us title threats, rather than the huge overhaul teams like villa and QPR have to go through.

We gave it a go today, no complaints but a side note........that''s 4 defeats in a row while Newcastle and Sunderland unbeaten!

Given the spending, the squad and the manager, we are up against t.......still three to go, anything can still happen.

We played as well as we probably could today with the players we had available.

A bit more luck and we may have squeezed a draw.

I''m getting ahead of myself, three on the bounce we''ve lost! Sorry.

[quote user="Canary Jedi"]Mixed emotions. Why didn''t we play with that spirit against lessor teams this season?[/quote]Because we didn''t. Get over it. No matter what you say it can''t be undone.

[quote user="cityangel"]No lack of effort at all Tettey''s Jig, stupid comment, as Sky said at halftime they played exceptionally well particularly in the first half, where they were well organised and disciplined.

I do agree If we had played like that against the teams around us we''d be well clear by now but like Hairy I still think 6 pts could be enough, don''t see either Newcastle or Sunderland getting more than 36pts looking at their fixtures[/quote]

To be fair, i do agree my comments stem from us not turning up against villa, palace and sunderland. We weren''t all that bad today but its no good having these nearly performances at the emarites when we cant be arsed in the other games. I just dont think outlr players want it as mich as sunderland and newcastle do. Just so predictable isn''t it?

A regular goalscorer would have made all the difference this season. At times we have played some decent football but we just don''t make the most of the chances we get.

Interesting to note that apart from Whittaker, Johnson and Tettey (who no doubt would have been playing if not injured), that was the starting lineup at Wembley.

It is remarkable that for all the money spent, AN falls back on the players that earned promotion to try and save the situation.

I have wondered a few times where we would be if we had played the Wembley team all season.

Too many signings (and changes) that haven''t given us anything extra.