Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

City vs Arsenal match thread and lineups

Ruddy, Pinto, Martin, Bass, Olsson, Redmond, O''Neil, Howson, Brady, Hooly, Jerome

Subs; Rudd, Jarvis, Mbokani, Whittaker, Naismith, Mulumbu, Dorrans

Glad Naismith has been dropped. Looks the best team we can field without Tetts and Klose!

Pinto back in from the cold and Mbokani who has looked lively in recent games has been dropped.The Tinkerman tinkers yet again !

Hmm, not sure on that one - but if we win I''ll be rather happily proved wrong. We finally see Wes given another chance - albeit many weeks too late for me...

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Ruddy, Pinto, Martin, Bass, Olsson, Redmond, O''Neil, Howson, Brady, Hooly, Jerome

Glad Naismith has been dropped. Looks the best team we can field without Tetts and Klose![/quote]Very concerned with that team selection - didn''t expect so many changes and not defence minded enough.I previously predicted a 2-1 victory to us and I''ll have to stick with it, so everthing crossed [Y]

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Ruddy, Pinto, Martin, Bass, Olsson, Redmond, O''Neil, Howson, Brady, Hooly, Jerome

Glad Naismith has been dropped. Looks the best team we can field without Tetts and Klose![/quote]Very concerned with that team selection - didn''t expect so many changes and not defence minded enough.I previously predicted a 2-1 victory to us and I''ll have to stick with it, so everthing crossed [Y][/quote]

I agree it isn''t defensive, but we need to just go for it.

Really nervous with this defence I have to say. I will be amazed if we concede less than 3. Half glass empty as a fan I''m afraid. Then I don''t expect any other result other than a loss today.

It''s sad to be pessimistic, but anything other than a loss will be a bonus. You never know when we might play arsenal again so maybe we should just enjoy the game

Looks like we''re going to attack as we certainly can''t defend with that lineup. Redmond in front of Pinto and Wes as well. Add Martin back at centre half and it looks wide open to me.

To be honest I''m getting fed up with AN not getting that you can''t go gunho in this league.

I so hope I''m wrong but my heart sank when I saw this team.

Come on boys make me eat my words please!

Having seen the Redmond/Pinto combo at first hand v Swansea, this could be a tough watch.

Seriously question the line up, Hoolahan and Redmond hasn''t really worked all season. After today''s results we really need to get a result here but seriously can''t see that happening! C''mon City, please foocking prove me wrong and get at least a point!!!

The dodgy results earlier, really bleak weather, the green away strip, live on sky, an attacking team, Giroud''s run of games without scoring, the exact same ref''s who screwed us at the Emirates last time etc etc

I''m dreading this to be honest. But it''s a very NCFC thing to do to randomly win a game like this, just as it''s a very Arsenal thing to do to lose at home to a side no one gave a chance. So you never know I suppose, I just hope with that team we get the first goal, that side should be decent on the counter.

I had started to give myself some false hope, but that defence coupled with the penalty stories in the other games have made me very fearful 😕

Mind you, every time I''ve gone into a game expecting us to win we mess it up....so hopefully the reverse is true here!!!

So the majority of recent signings on the bench, and Bamford nowhere to be seen.

Pretty much sums up how well the transfer money has been put to use this past twelve months.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Pinto back in from the cold and Mbokani who has looked lively in recent games has been dropped.The Tinkerman tinkers yet again ![/quote]
Out of interest who would you have played at RB Tilly ? Ryan B is apparently ill so that leaves Russ & Bassong as CB''S, if you dont play Pinto that leaves Whitts who last played when?

Did he go over the top of the ball with studs up then as they looked very dangerous

What a dire match. Just waiting for arsenal to score. It''s not much fun in the premiership is it. I''d rather watch us beating the binners any day even if it''s in the championship.