Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Just an Opinion

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]was it a case of Koulibaly or nobody , with no fall back strategy?,

because if it was ,it was indeed as you say incrediby high risk and one which undoubtedly hurt us.

it clearly is the point, as ,as you mention there would have been defenders we could have signed that would have been somewhat better than those we had....to end up with absolutely nobody was poor.

Even a Michael Dawson would have been an upgrade, and that''s someone on our doorstep without labouring the point any further that our European scouting network wasnt possibly as it should have been?[/quote]

We don''t need a scouting network as you knew of dozens of players, why didn''t you ''phone the club and let them know?

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]p.s

still waiting...

yes or no[/quote]

It''s only fair that you tell us who the dozens of players you knew about before we move onto your question, you''ll have to earn an answer otherwise you''ll just go about life thinking everything is as easy as just making stuff up.

no, not really.....as my original statement was formed of my belief that with the money we had to spend that there would have been dozens of defenders across world football that would have been available who were better than our central defenders...or particular Russell Martin, if we''re being specific.

The question falls upon you to then submit your stance.

If you don''t belive that there could have been, then that''s your opinion and fair enough.

if you belive that there would have been like myself, then the question and indeed the blame falls upon those responsible for the fact that nobody ,whastsover ,came through the door in the summer.....and by "those responsible", I mean those who''s job it is....not me, who''s job it isn''t

At £10 million quid there would have been plenty of options to improve the defence. Anyone that believes otherwise is being either ignorant or argumentative. We wouldn''t get £10 million for Bassong, Martin and Bennett combined. The name them argument is truly pathetic, I wonder if other clubs rely on fans to scout transfer targets? or maybe do you think it''s the job of the well paid scouting team to do this

So you said that there were dozens of players available for £7m and I asked you to name them and now you want me to name them?

And you''re calling me an idiot?

You''re obviously not going to name anyone as you''re talking rubbish go back a few pages and see what you said.When you''re ready to name the dozens of players I''ll answer your question.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]So you said that there were dozens of players available for £7m and I asked you to name them and now you want me to name them?

And you''re calling me an idiot?

You''re obviously not going to name anyone as you''re talking rubbish go back a few pages and see what you said.When you''re ready to name the dozens of players I''ll answer your question.

[/quote]

no, I''m not asking you to name them.....I''m asking if you believe that there were....

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]Exactly Ricky, and I don''t understand why people keep getting confused between "We don''t have the money" and "We don''t have any ambition".[/quote]Agreed.  There is also the question of, ''we need a coupla centre backs so why can''t we just pop down to the shops and buy ''em''.  Some people are incapable of understanding that it''s not as easy as buying a packet of cornflakes.[/quote]

actually on the centre back score.... i would disagree there.

Armed with the £7m we spent on Klose, there would have been dozens of central defenders accross europe we could have signed that would have been an upgrade on what we started this season with.

and if ,as a club, we werent able to identify any of them, then the entire scouting network needs sacking, if it hasnt already been.

People are possibly going slightly overboard on Klose....he hasnt been anything spectacular, he''s just defended proporly with a modicum of composure, its merely highlighted how bad our central defenders are before we signed him.[/quote]

Name them, and I''ll just remind you that you said ''dozens'' which is quite a lot, probably at least 24.

[/quote]

Really don''t understand the legs in the ''name them'' argument.

GJL is right, of course there would''ve been centre backs available for £5m-£10m which would''ve upgraded our defence. Why on earth do we have to name them? I''m not a football scout, it''s not my job, why should I? Of course the club deserves some of the blame for our poor summer transfer window, it''s a great shame we didn''t pull off the Napoli signing but we most definitely should have had something else in place to cover the worst case scenario.

I don''t see how me personally naming players has any relevance, I''d never heard of Klose or Koulibaly before either, does that mean they are the only 2 potential targets we had?

It''s like complaining at a restaurant and having the staff challenge you to cook better..

The point is about people thinking they know better, especially with the benefit of hindsight.

So let''s get this right. What you''re saying is with a budget of up to say £7-10 million and wages of up to £45k a week that in the whole of world football there wouldn''t have been plenty of players we could have signed in the summer that would have improved on our championship level defence? A load of old squit seems a pretty accurate user name

morty wrote the following post at 01/05/2016 1:34 PM:

The point is about people thinking they know better, especially with the benefit of hindsight.

There was no hindsight needed with this. The second we won the play off final everyone knew that we needed to strengthen the defence. The idea that there wasn''t any better than what we have available in the summer is laughable I''m afraid

[quote user="JF"]So let''s get this right. What you''re saying is with a budget of up to say £7-10 million and wages of up to £45k a week that in the whole of world football there wouldn''t have been plenty of players we could have signed in the summer that would have improved on our championship level defence? A load of old squit seems a pretty accurate user name[/quote]

he hasn''t said that as yet.......he has yet to declare his belief despite being invited to do so 4 times now.....

[quote user="JF"]morty wrote the following post at 01/05/2016 1:34 PM:

There was no hindsight needed with this. The second we won the play off final everyone knew that we needed to strengthen the defence. The idea that there wasn''t any better than what we have available in the summer is laughable I''m afraid[/quote]Well I guess it depends if your opinion lies with "The club tried, and failed to sign someone" or "They just couldn''t be bothered / were incompetent".There are people here under the assumption that people at the club don''t care or don''t do their best. They are pretty easy to spot.

So there were DOZENS of players available but naming just one seems to be too much trouble, I''m disputing the assertion that there were dozens available when there clearly wasn''t because your having trouble naming any.The problem with this message board (and I''ve said it millions of times already) is that people exaggerating becomes the norm and crap like this becomes ''fact''.Just stick to what you know and don''t make stuff up.

there is another option that you didnt list........."the club tried and failed to sign some/were incompetent".

this one would be my issue, and as Alex Neil himself has eluded to, the scouting/recruitment network the club had in place in the summer would appear to have been inadequate.

It''s a legitimate critisism of the "football board" at the club, or whatever it calls itself, that it failled in the summer window. It''s hardly a new point and has been discussed many times, but whichever way out want to dress it up the window was a failure.

This surely is a topic for debate at seasons end, particularly as we move into a new window. For the time being let''s get behind the team and try to carry them over the line with our support.

As I said Squit, not our job to know, if you want seriously want me to do some digging then I can..

And Morty, don''t believe the club didn''t try at all, just that they perhaps should''ve done better than putting all their eggs in one basket with Koulibaly!

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]So there were DOZENS of players available but naming just one seems to be too much trouble, I''m disputing the assertion that there were dozens available when there clearly wasn''t because your having trouble naming any.The problem with this message board (and I''ve said it millions of times already) is that people exaggerating becomes the norm and crap like this becomes ''fact''.Just stick to what you know and don''t make stuff up.

[/quote]

"There clearly wasn''t BECAUSE YOUR HAVING TROUBLE NAMING ANY" !?!?!?!?

Ladies and gentleman...I would like to introduce myself as the apparant newly appointed chief of scouting at Norwich City Football Club.....

Congratulations 🎉🎉👍🏻💪 I hope you do a better job than the last bunch

As exiting as this is I''m now going to leave it and watch a club of the same size as ours win the premier league title. A club that also managed to find a billionaire owner even though many would have you believe there is no one out there interested in buying clubs like ours! Though that''s another discussion.

Ah, stick evolution.We castigated Norwich for not being Swansea, then not being Bournmouth, now Leicester.