Sign in to follow this  
pete

Message to Delia from a BFITW

Apparently according to our manager the fans were the first to give up on Premier League survival. I was in 2005 one of the Best Fans in the World when as a season ticket holder didn''t give up on survival until Fulham''s second goal on that fateful last day. I remember your pleading at half time against City claiming I was one of the BFITW.

I take exception to the comments of Alex Neil I certainly haven''t given up hope of survival and am praying we can get two wins. After all we have beaten United at home twice in the last 4 meetings even if we lose we have two games that reflect the ending to the 2013 season winning last two.

And I am equally certain many of the BFITW are clutching at the same straws. Criticism should be directed at the players who failed to turn up at games where the faithful turned up in numbers and the management namely Alex Neil whose inexperience has let us down badly with poor selections. I suggest you advise Alex to think before he engages his mouth. Us BFITW got Hughton sacked and it will happen to you unless you start to do your job properly.

I didn''t believe we were the BFITW then and definitely is not the case now maybe we could become better fans if the team could inspire such platitudes.

You can argue of the rights and wrongs of what the manager said yesterday about the loyal fan base but it does indicate that the pressure is starting to get to him.

[quote user="pete"]Apparently according to our manager the fans were the first to give up on Premier League survival. I was in 2005 one of the Best Fans in the World when as a season ticket holder didn''t give up on survival until Fulham''s second goal on that fateful last day. I remember your pleading at half time against City claiming I was one of the BFITW.

I take exception to the comments of Alex Neil I certainly haven''t given up hope of survival and am praying we can get two wins. After all we have beaten United at home twice in the last 4 meetings even if we lose we have two games that reflect the ending to the 2013 season winning last two.

And I am equally certain many of the BFITW are clutching at the same straws. Criticism should be directed at the players who failed to turn up at games where the faithful turned up in numbers and the management namely Alex Neil whose inexperience has let us down badly with poor selections. I suggest you advise Alex to think before he engages his mouth. Us BFITW got Hughton sacked and it will happen to you unless you start to do your job properly.

I didn''t believe we were the BFITW then and definitely is not the case now maybe we could become better fans if the team could inspire such platitudes.[/quote]

You started it, you gave up last September.

We could of course prove him wrong by making more noise than ever before, and really getting behind the team for the whole of the 2 remaining home games.

It wouldn''t hurt in attracting new players, if we had a ground that fully backed the 11 selected every game, and where they were encouraged even when playing badly.

Away support never seems a problem, always loud and proud on the road - and there have been plenty of depressing journeys home over the years.

If we go down, let''s do it standing shoulder to shoulder, and making sure Alex knows we are with him and the players.

Those cold wet winter Tuesday nights in league 1 was when the best of the fan base last used to turn out in force. I blame the premier league.