Sign in to follow this  
morty

Jacob Murphy's goals.

Our whole first team is badly missing the ability to smash a goal in from 30 yards, to create a goal out of nothing basically so if we go down I''d hope these two play a part next year. They would give us a hell of an option coming off the bench, they''re more direct and willing to shoot (accurately) than our other wide players.

If we stay up hopefully we can get them both Championship clubs next year

Also, I always thought Jacob looked the better player, does anyone know why he''s been playing in a league below Josh for a couple of seasons?

Morty, he would have had a bigger impact this season than Jarvis has made, looks like he had a great season, but he needs to be starting in the championship next season. Yes I''ve given up ;-)

If or rather when we get relegated the lad needs to along with the other youngsters like Maddison to be the foundations or our team for long term sustained go at the premiership, getting up then trying to buy aging journeymen like Mulumbu, Naismith, Jarvis hasn''t worked again, how about building on younger hungry players with experience like Klose, Tettey, Howson and Ruddy at the heart of the team.

[quote user="Indy"]Morty, he would have had a bigger impact this season than Jarvis has made, looks like he had a great season, but he needs to be starting in the championship next season. Yes I''ve given up ;-)

If or rather when we get relegated the lad needs to along with the other youngsters like Maddison to be the foundations or our team for long term sustained go at the premiership, getting up then trying to buy aging journeymen like Mulumbu, Naismith, Jarvis hasn''t worked again, how about building on younger hungry players with experience like Klose, Tettey, Howson and Ruddy at the heart of the team.[/quote]Other threads are available for you to whinge in[;)]

He has a long way to go yet. Has struggled since January for goals and game time, as has Maddison. Both have become regular bench warmers as Coventry lost form. Most of Jacobs 10 goals (he scored in the fa cup too) also came in a 3 game spell in November, think he scored 6 in those 3. Will probably be another loan next season.

Josh is the one we are more likely to see get game time for us. By all accounts has had a decent season even though he has the honour of yet another relegation on his cv. 7 goals and 7 assists in a struggling side and the MK fans look at him as one of their best players this season.

Nicely picked up Morty, but not really having a dig more a comment on the low impact that most aging journeymen pro''s we buy, this season is a lot like the Worthy season, he tried to bolster the squad with aging pro''s even after we went down, it hasn''t really worked.

Looking at all the youngsters being played by Arseanal, Liverpool, Manure and Spurs maybe we won''t know how good ours are till they are put in with higher class players alongside them? Covvy aren''t packed with lower end Premiership and international players like us!

It could have been the energy and no fear factor that might have changed those games we lost? Who knows.

We certainly need more goals from midfield if we play one up front. Neither Wes or Naismith are prolific (although if Wes was he would be unaffordable for us), and Howson and Tettey don''t weigh in with many.

It was something we got from Johnson last season, and I wish we had kept him - hindsight being a luxury the manager doesn''t have.

Redmond scores from a wide position but Brady and Jarvis aren''t prolific either. I remember Josh scoring at Blackpool last season and thinking he looked the real deal - but I''m not sure how much he has progressed since then.

Don''t know much about Maddison, would he play off the striker or as traditional box to box midfielder?

To be knocking on the door for first team football next year, even in the championship, they would have needed to show a lot more than they have this year at the levels they''ve played at. Neither of them have exactly pulled up trees. Of course we all want local youngsters to come through but they have to be good enough and these boys do not seem to have pushed on enough/at all in the last couple of years to warrant consideration of a regular place in the first time squad.

Watched them both a few times this year on the tv and they have a way to go yet. Some very good attacking play and an eye for goal certainly but they don''t track back or offer support to the midfield anywhere near well enough.

I''m sure the loans have benefited them both considerably and they could be good squad players at Championship level. Not up to Redmonds standard and not ready for the Premier if we stay up. IMO.

Come on Nutty, head says we''re down but heart will go on till the end......but that aside this thread waste discuss Jacob and I''ve said in my mind we wouldn''t have been any worse off playing Josh & Jacob rather than wasting 3 odd million on Jarvis.

Said at the time of signing him he''s another journeyman just topping up his pension, his last big money move.

It''s strange how we all see it, but playing youngsters in a low division with lesser quality players doesn''t always bring out their potential.....Harry Kane is an excellent example, maybe Jacob or Josh could have surprised us this year given a chance here, but who knows just opinions.

Well done on keeping the thread on a nice positive track, about one of our young prospects, Indy.Oh, wait........[;)]

It is Morty, we are allowed to talk about players who have under achieved? Jarvis for me has been poor. I''m sure Murphy would have made a bigger impact given the same playing time with the likes of Mbokani up top.

I''m only stating what I''ve seen not being negative just stating an opinion, is that ok?

I think there''s a massive difference between banging in goals in league 1 and performing in the PL. In truth Josh has probably played to a much higher standard thus season but it''s hard for an attacking player to shine in a team that loses most weeks. I''m still hopeful for them both. It would be great if one of them regularly played PL for us but whatever I will follow their fortunes with pride.

Jarvis has done OK this season. He''s often saddled with defensive constraints and others are given a more free attacking role. I guess people have their own expectations of what players should be doing regardless of the roles they are given. We all see a different game and different opinions make for a vibrant board.

When it comes to the things we do for fun if your head is a misery follow your heart :)

Will do Nutty, my heart will always as I do at envy match expect us to win no, hope that we can win and survive.

I get the defensive requirements put upon Jarvis but he''s fulfilled everything the Spammer at work said, he''s just not good enough to cut it at this level.

Like I said young players often don''t fully shine unless given the chance. Next year will be make or break for the Murphy''s no doubt.

Looking forward to putting another win on the board against manure, it always brightens my season beating them and their global plastics.

[quote user="Indy"]Will do Nutty, my heart will always as I do at envy match expect us to win no, hope that we can win and survive.[/quote]
Just slot a "B" at the front of your user name so we all know what we''re dealing with.

Oh the hilarity you bring to this board.........I just pee myself every thread.

[quote user="Indy"]Oh the hilarity you bring to this board.........I just pee myself every thread.[/quote]
Sounds more like you pee yourself every match.  Get a backbone, man.

Oh that old favourite chestnut....the pant wetter....how we laugh at that tag, it''s as funny as the inner circle and happy clappers.

God forbid opinions don''t align with some, but hey I bow to the normal attacks, as it''s no more than expected.

[quote user="Indy"]Oh that old favourite chestnut....the pant wetter....how we laugh at that tag, it''s as funny as the inner circle and happy clappers.

God forbid opinions don''t align with some, but hey I bow to the normal attacks, as it''s no more than expected.[/quote]
You were the one who first mentioned wetting their pants, old son.
You need to try harder at this trolling business because frankly you are hopeless.