Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Congratulations Leicester

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Same old pointless chitter chatter from the same old posters. How about you tell me the answers as you all back Neil so much? What can I expect next season for a starter?[/quote]I''m waiting for you to name names of these folks who would be happy with relegation....

I was actually joking with someone on twitter about this just before it happened. He said "I just bet someone will turn this Leicester thing into something negative about Norwich"And, sure enough, here it was.It rained earlier, they missed an opportunity, sure it didn''t rain this much under Lambert...

Fantastic achievement Leicester. Really felt goose bumps watching their fans celebrate. Proper fans at a run of the mill club who have never won anything before and just can''t believe it''s them this year.

Can you imagine how wonderful it would feel if it were us?

Also a word on Ranieri. Who said nice people never win anything?

So pleased for Ranieri. Typical Chelsea trying to get in on the celebrations by saying they ''did it for Ranieri''. Horrible club.

This is the biggest shock in all of sport. Brilliant stuff. Well done Leicester City.

I was willing to share in the joy of a Leicester win right up until a week or two back when I read an article in the Guardian or Indie, can''t remember exactly, about their financial shenanigans when in the championship. A not unfamiliar tale of accounts in different names to avoid this and that. Bit of financial irregularity anyway meaning they dodged some kind of impending sanctions I think. May well be common knowledge and touched on elsewhere. So no, as a fan of a properly run club forgive me if I sit out this national outpouring of goodwill.

That went negative quickly. Well done Leicester. Unlucky Spurs. Both teams have been a breath of fresh air for this division and deserve the plaudits.

Probably the greatest footballing achievement ever given how the odds are so stacked against clubs of our size in the modern game

Flash in the pan. Win it again next year, then I''ll be impressed.

Wonder what odds we could get on us now for winning it in a year''s time. Gotta be worth a flutter.

Amazingly their team cost less than ours so they give hope to all of us who support smaller clubs. Whilst it is true that they have succeeded in a season where all the big boys faltered nonetheless well done foxes.

Congratulations Leicester.

I can remember a polite Leicester fan coming on here, last year , and I doubted Wes Morgan, well he''s rammed that right back at me!

I feel I may have contributed to giving Leicester confidence in their final push. Before last week''s game vs Swansea, I was in Leicester , and went down to the ground a couple of hours before kick off, and bought a programme. Once the news of this purchase, had filtered through to the team, I believe that was instrumental in Claudio''s team talk. It''s inexplicable, but I can''t think of any other reason.

As a footnote, had a nice chat with the programme seller, who was full of praise for us, and wanted us to stay up

A market trader interviewed on tv mentioned all the " fans " that have suddenly appeared. I bet there will be someone in a Leicester shirt walking around the city today.

Just to put this "financial irregularity" into perspective. Manchester United spent more in the summer transfer window than Leicester have spent in their entire history!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Just to put this "financial irregularity" into perspective. Manchester United spent more in the summer transfer window than Leicester have spent in their entire history![/quote]The point about the alleged financial cheating (on the face of it comically blatant) is that it was specifically aimed at helping Leicester City get out of the Championship. Without that the club might not have been in the Premier League to have this "fairy-tale".

A minor question of all the Leicester fans on this board...why would anybody who purported to support NCFC care a hoot about Leicester (or any other club for that matter)???

Apples

Spread the love Mr Apples.

Respect where respect is due (apart from financial irregularities, Vardy having a go at a ''non-white'' person, and also being ''light'' on his feet etc)

They won the League, as a complete outsider. The British love that.

Now for OUR dream to come true...............

COYY!

It''s a fantastic achievement for a club like Leicester and although Spurs tried hard to catch them they have been comfortably top for a while now. Regarding the financial dodgy dealings, diving and rather industrial style of football, I''m sure there''s bigger clubs than Leicester who''ve done worse and not had anywhere near their success, so that shouldn''t take away from their achievement.
The football purist in me would have liked a Spurs win as they have probably played the best football that I''ve seen this season, but the table speaks for itself and Leicester deserve the title.

[quote user="Peanuts"]It''s a fantastic achievement for a club like Leicester and although Spurs tried hard to catch them they have been comfortably top for a while now. Regarding the financial dodgy dealings, diving and rather industrial style of football, I''m sure there''s bigger clubs than Leicester who''ve done worse and not had anywhere near their success, so that shouldn''t take away from their achievement.
The football purist in me would have liked a Spurs win as they have probably played the best football that I''ve seen this season, but the table speaks for itself and Leicester deserve the title.
[/quote]Best team I saw at Carrow road this season[Y]

I wonder would people have been so quick to praise West Ham or Watford had they done the same thing?

Personally, I loved the way Spurs went nuts last night and it turned into a eye-gouging, hand-stamping, boot fest...now THAT''S the spirit of football!

Apples

They deserve all the credit they are getting. Wonderful for football and wonderful for teams like us to know there is at least the capability to do well in the PL if you stick together like a team should and pull in the right direction. Their team isn''t worth much more than ours in terms of transfer fees (as in when they bought them), so pleased for them.....even if their 2 CB''s cheat and Vardy looks like a arrogant swordfish tw@t....whatever that is.

Here''s hoping their success will be followed by a similar Wimbledon/Portsmouth-esque crash and burn of epic proportions. Then the fairy-tale will be complete.

Apples

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Same old pointless chitter chatter from the same old posters. How about you tell me the answers as you all back Neil so much? What can I expect next season for a starter?[/quote]I''m waiting for you to name names of these folks who would be happy with relegation....[/quote]

I don''t think anyone will be happy with relegation Morty but what I do think is that there is a fairly widespread acceptance of our plight amongst our fanbase which means it will be greeted by many with a "shrug of the shoulders" because that''s what happens to clubs like us.

If the Leicester success teaches us anything then surely it perhaps should be that we should be more aspirational in terms of what we can achieve? Yes their title win may prove to be a one off but the tv money has levelled the playing field amongst clubs so maybe it won''t and maybe we will start to see the likes of Leicester, Southampton, West ham regularly mixing it with the big boys at the top. Meanwhile "little old Norwich" head back down an have to start again trying to get out of the championship because its "too difficult" to get a couple of centre backs to join us in July or because we can''t compete with the money brought in by all these "evil" foreign investors.

I am sure that almost all of us have said in conversation in recent years that our 3rd place finish in the top flight won''t ever be repeated by a club like us and that perhaps the best we can ever hope for is a league cup or FA Cup win and mid table in the premier league. Well, Leicester are a "club like us" and they have won the premier league so for me their success should mean our board come under greater pressure to show some proper ambition in the future or indeed get some proper stick for their failures this season.

Whoever it was at Leicester who talked Claudio Ranieri into taking over at an unfashionable run of the mill Premiership club who had just avoided relegation should step forward and take a bow.A well deserved title and great for the game but my experiences of Leicester as a City and a club going back to my first visit to Filbert Street back in 1969 leave me underwhelmed.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Here''s hoping their success will be followed by a similar Wimbledon/Portsmouth-esque crash and burn of epic proportions. Then the fairy-tale will be complete.

Apples[/quote][:D]

I''m glad to see Leicester win because the Prem has always been the preserve of the big boys (Blackburn were heavily financed for the time and built up over some years to win the title - similar in reality to what''s happened with Man City, it was just that the spending wasn''t sustained) and if Spurs won, it would be no difference.  It''s great to have all the big boys fold and a 5,000 to 1 shot win it.

Leicester are basically a club at the same level as City, so it opens up the potential for others to do the same in future.

Ultimately though it''s no big deal for me, if City are relegated that will be much more important.

As for, would people feel the same if it was Watford or West Ham - for me, I have no particular negative feelings about Leicester so you could substitute any other 5,000 to 1 outside rfor the title and I''d feel the same way unless it''s a club I dislike for some reason.  So I''d probably feel pretty similar if Watford had win.  West Ham, I''m unhappy about the whole Olympic stadium thing etc so I wouldn''t be so keen there.

I think we are failing to thank the person truly responsible for Leicesters turn around the fortune.

The pre-season Thai hooker orgy

Food for thought NCFC?