The average wage for a Premiership player in 2012/13 season was £30,000 per week, so I don''t see why this wouldn''t be true.

Still flipping crazy when you think about it.

Any free transfer at this level is likely to be on high wages. That''s how you persuade them to come to you, there''s no such thing as a free transfer really. I wouldn''t be surprised if O''Neil was on something similar.

It sounds like a lot to us, but how much do you think the likes of Capoue/Afobe/Gradel and maybe even Grabban etc are on from playing at probably the two smallest clubs in the league? A hell of a lot more than any of our players except maybe Naismith I''d bet.

It''s a shame Mulumbu hasn''t worked out, but we''re still paying extremely modest wages in this league compared to the rest

I''m not bothered about how much they are on, I just hope they all have that relegation clause in their contracts like last time we went down, then we many keep most of them.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Where they get these figures from goodness knows.Maybe they have someone ITK ? [;)][/quote]

It tells you on the site...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/511680/Revealed-How-much-each-Norwich-player-earns-week

"STARSPORT bring you every Norwich player''s wages - according to Football Manager 2016."

Great journalism....looking at a computer game and publishing it a news story.

Lol

Football manager IS football for a lot of people.

Neither of those wages as quoted would surprise me; likewise I have no doubt that £40k is no longer the wage of the highest earner with rumours of wages near double that for player at the club.

I don''t believe the detail of all this for one minute and probably not even what it would all total up to in the course of a year.

I had always assumed that an individual player''s wages when negotiated between the agent/player and the Club are kept privy to the two parties.

Differences in wage levels between each player would likely lead to differences between the players, with some being aggrieved. In this list Captain Martin, for example, would have most cause to be upset. It would hardly be a recipe for dressing room harmony.

I would not be at all surprised if both parties were sworn to secrecy from the outset nowadays, and it is very rare for a player to boast about his income in public in any case.

I surmise that this article is only slightly educated guesswork.

I would furthermore venture to add that these ''guesses'' for NCFC players are more than a bit on the high side. The biggest clue to the accuracy of this though would be in the percentage of turnover to wages, and ours has been consistently low as revealed in accounting. I seem to remember it being around the 60% mark in the recent past, but I might be mistaken with this.

Of note is that whilst ITFC were piling up their massive debt their wages to turnover ration was consistently above 100%. Did we not make a profit in the recent past?

Even so, the tax bills these "superstars" would likely get would make it a great leveller. I don''t suppose many footballers do much banking off-shore, although their agents probably do.

That''s some comfort to us horny-handed sons of toil at least.