Sign in to follow this  
Indy

When we stay up, who would you clear out?

Just so many people have believe so we stay up who would you show the door too?

For me Mulumbu, Dorrans, Jarvis, Andrue and Bassong...

Whitts and Turner are out of contract, so assume they are free to go.

Not sure about Naismith, might settle to become a decent player for us.

Nice positive/negative thread combo, well done.
OUT:
Bassong, Whittaker, Bennett, Mulumbu, VOO, Ricky, Lafferty
Assuming Bamford, Mbokani and Wisdom all return to parent clubs.
Big gaps in the squad to fill!

The chef, a failed MP, a writer, an Actor, a Nephew and a yes man.

Replace them with the dozens of rich investors that Hull Canary knows about but won''t tell us.

Why bring in another point, let''s forget relegation in this scenario, we stay up.....who would you show the door to?

Would anyone like to see Wes and O''Neil go?

They''ve been superb this year, but to move on should we really keep two players that old?

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Nice positive/negative thread combo, well done.
OUT:
[/quote]IN?If you just say out without giving realistic options of in''s you''re just whinging!  [;)]List replacements for each of the players you would get rid of, otherwise you are just whinging and are left with the stupid and feeble ''anyone but'' argument!I look forward to your thorough list of replacements with interest and I will let you know whether you are right or not.  [;)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]Nice positive/negative thread combo, well done.
OUT:
[/quote]IN?If you just say out without giving realistic options of in''s you''re just whinging!  [;)]List replacements for each of the players you would get rid of, otherwise you are just whinging and are left with the stupid and feeble ''anyone but'' argument!I look forward to your thorough list of replacements with interest and I will let you know whether you are right or not.  [;)][/quote]
I''m afraid the subject under discussion is players that you would get rid of, and not who we should bring in.
I see what you did there, and I cringed a little bit for you.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]Nice positive/negative thread combo, well done.
OUT:
[/quote]IN?If you just say out without giving realistic options of in''s you''re just whinging!  [;)]List replacements for each of the players you would get rid of, otherwise you are just whinging and are left with the stupid and feeble ''anyone but'' argument!I look forward to your thorough list of replacements with interest and I will let you know whether you are right or not.  [;)][/quote]
I''m afraid the subject under discussion is players that you would get rid of, and not who we should bring in.
I see what you did there, and I cringed a little bit for you.
[/quote]What, like the should we get rid of Alex Neil thread, and not who we should bring in!Deary me, you don''t even play by your own ''rules''.

Come on guys, how about Wes and Gary both 34 years old this coming season would you get shot?

Okay, if I''m to be absolutely brutal, yet honest - out:Steven WhittakerAndre Wisdom Sébastien BassongRussell MartinPatrick BamfordWes HoolahanTony AndreuVadis Odjidja-OfoeCameron JeromeDieumerci MbokaniKyle LaffertyMichael Turner Ricky van WolfswinkelMight be tempted to sign those in bold, but would depend on the terms. Obviously.

[quote user="Indy"]Come on guys, how about Wes and Gary both 34 years old this coming season would you get shot?[/quote]Wes, yeah, time to go.Gary, depends who we sign. Would keep as a squad player, but would be disappointed if we didn''t sign an upgrade.

Jarvis, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Whitts, Mbokani out, if we stay up.

I''d keep Jarvis if we go down, but not the rest

I''d like to see VOO given a proper run. He looked tidy and direct, but does seem injury prone though

Whilst we do need to freshen up in some areas and move some people on, I think we need to remember that this is largely the same squad that Alex Neil did so well with last year.

If I were him, I would take a look at the squad and see what we have.

GK: Ruddy and Rudd - both fine.

RB: Pinto and Martin - In the Championship (and kept at right back) - both fine. Whittaker out.

LB: Olsson and Toffolo - both fine.

CB: Klose and Bennett would be amazing, if we could keep the former. Most Championship clubs would love to have Bassong in their team. An expensive back-up possibly. Turner out.

RM: Redmond and Murphy - Next season is the last year of NR''s contract... He still hasn''t re-signed so I think he''ll be off if we go down.

LM: Brady, Jarvis and Murphy: All great, if we can keep Brady.

CM: Howson, Tettey, O''Neil, Thompson: Should be enough. Dorrans and Mulumbu out. It''s a shame but they''ve both offered nothing.

AM: Hoolahan, Maddison, Naismith, VOO, Andreau. Hoolahan certainly has another season in him; his game isn''t about pace. Naismith is more than welcome to leave; probably the most disappointing signing this season, however could do well in the Champ. Andreau clearly isn''t up to it and VOO has never been able to properly force his way in. Andreau, VOO and possibly Naismith out.

CF: Jerome, Morris and Loza. Some serious investment needed here. CJ did great for us last season in the Championship and those calling for him to leave are crazy. RVW to finally get off the wage bill. Lafferty also out.

To round up, Whittaker, Turner, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Andreau, VOO, Lafferty and RVW out, with Klose, Redmond and Naismith as possibilities.

Who knows with Tettey, Olsson, Howson, Brady, Bassong etc. They''re all good enough for mid/lower premiership teams (apart from Bassong).

I would like to see the younger prospects to be included in the squad a bit more, with investment directed at our strike force.

Can you at least take Ryan Bennett with him because he''s worse?

[quote user="GJP"]Can you at least take Ryan Bennett with him because he''s worse?[/quote] Ryan Bennett, last time I checked, wasn''t directly responsible for letting goals in. See Sunderland and Liverpool games.

As I''ve said before, I think we''ll go down, so the players I think will leave as a result of that are as follows: Whittaker, Lafferty, Klose, Naismith, Bassong, Ollson, Redmond, Mulumbu - I think all these players will have left the club by 1st September 2016.

I think we''ll hold on to Tettey, Brady, Howson, Ruddy, Martin etc.

Let''s hope we get the overhaul started early. The sooner we can assemble as largely new squad this summer, the better.

Did Bennett, at any point, have the slightest clue where Defoe was throughout that game?

Sometimes defenders get away with things because they are so far off the action they never even put themselves in a position to make an obvious mistake.

Nobody played that well against Sunderland. Bennett''s fine, certainly would be a decent Championship player. Bassong is a repeat offender, whatever division he''s in. Awful player.

Yet Bassong''s return was key to us getting promoted.

Russ and Ryan at centreback and we''d have been watching Boro in the Prem this season.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]As I''ve said before, I think we''ll go down, so the players I think will leave as a result of that are as follows: Whittaker, Lafferty, Klose, Naismith, Bassong, Ollson, Redmond, Mulumbu - I think all these players will have left the club by 1st September 2016.

I think we''ll hold on to Tettey, Brady, Howson, Ruddy, Martin etc.

Let''s hope we get the overhaul started early. The sooner we can assemble as largely new squad this summer, the better.[/quote]Do we really want a large overhaul by a manager whose transfer dealings so far verge on pathetic ? No doubt we will sign plenty from Scotland , already been linked with a striker from Hibs and Jamie Forrester from Celtic . Never known a manager to make so many signings and then fail to even play them , big question marks over Neil for me , under any other club owners he would of been sent packing back to the Scottish lower leagues by now .

Huge clear out regardless of which Division but they would be different players. eg Bassong, jerome and even possibly Whittaker for example would be needed in the Championship but none are Premiership players. Also if/when we go down we will probably lose to loanees, Brady, Klosse and Redmond. It will be a significant and more difficult rebuilding task this time around not least because we would not have Hooper and Johnson top championship players

Some young players are ok but we need leaders, those with a proven record and that will cost money. I will wait to see what free agents are available if we go down. But if AN''s game changes turn up then in the prem we need to sign players for a fair bit of cash to rebuild this squad.

First thing is that the 16 players picked for Man U have to play for their premiership lives. A win is most definitely required and will tell us a lot about this team and individuals.

There is a step before the the clear out and that is to freshen up our scouting and player buying function

All these names that are mentioned to get shot of were recruited by our scouting function old and new

Solve that before we do anything drastic

With the departures of Klose, Olsson, Redmond, Wisdom and Mkobani we have gaping holes at both ends of the pitch. I suspect unloading some of the so-called underperformers such as Martin, Bassong, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Naismith and Jerome will be a luxury we are unable to afford. And remembering RvW, once again, will be returning for pre-season.

"With the departures of Klose, Olsson, Redmond, Wisdom and Mkobani."

Eh?

Have you access to information that none other of us has?

Not one of these is as sure to leave as you suggest. They could just as easily all remain on the books as leave, IMO, and would be fundamental to our success next season.

Clearly it is on the cards that the two loanees will return to their clubs, but I, for one, have heard nothing of the departure of the other three.

We might not consider Mbokani if his wage demands are equal to rumours and we might not want Wisdom in any case.

We managed to hold on to the bulk of our talent last time and, I seem to remember, with quite a bit of determination. Those we lost, Snoddy and Fer, were sold at a profit sufficient to allow us to strengthen in return.

I would hope that we do so again. We will have no reason to sell unless offered silly money. The parachute payments are designed to cope with wage demands if necessary.

Such a doomsday scenario was not arrived at last time around and it may well not this time.

If the worst does come to the worst and these players are poached/unsettled then we should accumulate a hefty £20m+ for the three of them in any case.