Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

A chef, a failed MP, a writer, an Actor, a Nephew and a yes man.

Totally agree Bor.

I also despair of these fans who wait until it is going badly before pointing out how things should have been done, and how everyone else is at fault. Cowardly really.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Hull Canary"]Someone needs to be held accountable for a very very poor season I not sure who but there does need to be a blood sacrifice[/quote]

I vote it''s you.

[/quote]2 votes and counting.

Wow Jas, never seen you so animated! The simple answer to your ''rant'' is that nothing will change whilst Delia and Michael hold the majority shareholding. That, unfortunately looks like it will continue with the multi-talented nephew seemingly destined to take over their shares should they die or abdicate.

However, I do share your concerns. Two clubs I would like to mention have realised the only way to survive much less flourish in this league is to attract outside investment. Those clubs being Swansea and C. Palace. Similar clubs in all aspects.

Swansea''s Chairman, Huw Jenkins stated earlier this season that he has for seen a major problem with Swansea''s attempts to move forward in that they are being stifled with a lack of money to compete against their peers. To alleviate this problem he actively went seeking investment from outside sources rather than resting on his laurels admiring the view in the Prem! He has acheived a £100m lifeline for his club, putting the club before his personal interests.

Likewise, Crystal Palace realised a major factor holding them back was that their facilities were 1st division at best. Rather than spend valuable transfer money on upgrading said facilities they too sourced outside investment to help with their predicament. £50m cash injection for a place on the Board. Not to much to ask IMO!

Two clubs, similar in size attracting outside investment and both have not sold their soul to the devil! Jenkins remains on the board of Swansea as does a 21% stake holding of the supporters! Likewise, Palaces board seems to remain intact although I''m not sure about the chairman''s position.

For all of the fans who say we shouldn''t sell out to ''furrin'' investment, thats fine, just don''t expect us to remain a Premier League team.

Think about this also. With the current structure of the Board there is little incentive for them to attract outside investment as it would dilute their holding over the club and one member, the CEO, would obviously be out of a job should an investor come knocking. Its not the CEO''s fault, that is just how business works in the real world.

Anyway, that''s my tuppence worth, Jas, again, impressed by your passion and good OP. If only it was felt throughout the club!

OTBC!

When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be a joke about some people walking into a pub.

Lol Ricardo, maybe we should try to figure out a punchline!!

walk into a pub sit at the bar and order a drink, while waiting they hear a voice saying, that ALex Neil is a great young manager, your third kit is just the best.......not knowing who''s sayin it, they as the barman, he looks at the bar and says, it''s the nuts, their complimentary!

Will that do Ricardo?

[quote user="ricardo"]When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be a joke about some people walking into a pub.[/quote]

I thought it was going to be a sequel to

The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover.

[quote user="ricardo"]When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be a joke about some people walking into a pub.[/quote]..........walk into a pub and ask the barman if he''s seen Jas the Barclay King and the barman says "no, it''s happy hour".

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Fortunately their time is fast running out , it will be no bad thing for this football club .[/quote]
Do tell who''s taking over the club and when they are doing it.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Fortunately their time is fast running out , it will be no bad thing for this football club .[/quote]

That sound ominous, what have you heard?Maybe you''ve poisoned the sherry in the board room, come on own up.

I think the OP has yet to realise the actor stood down from the board a couple or so months ago.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I''m going for, food poisoning, at a BBQ, by a member of royalty who sits in a pub shooting pretend pigeons.  [;)][/quote]The new version of Cluedo sounds really sh1t.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I think the OP has yet to realise the actor stood down from the board a couple or so months ago.[/quote]Who''s the actor?[/quote]I assumed the OP was talking about Stephen Fry broady ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I think the OP has yet to realise the actor stood down from the board a couple or so months ago.[/quote]Who''s the actor?[/quote]I assumed the OP was talking about Stephen Fry broady ?[/quote]I thought he might have been talking about Bowkett. 

Great post Ron and exactly what I was trying to say.

We need investment, this does not mean we need to sell our souls to an oil tycoon, the examples you give are proof of how it works.

Palace are one cup final away from Europe, Swansea will be enjoying top flight football for another succesive season.

Tilly, well aware Fry stepped down, but endemic of where the club are/were.... what exactly did he put into the club that benefitted us? If it was ''exposure'' i''d question even that as we''ve seen no tangible off field rewards.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Swansea''s Chairman, Huw Jenkins stated earlier this season that he has for seen a major problem with Swansea''s attempts to move forward in that they are being stifled with a lack of money to compete against their peers. To alleviate this problem he actively went seeking investment from outside sources rather than resting on his laurels admiring the view in the Prem! He has acheived a £100m lifeline for his club, putting the club before his personal interests.[/quote]Yeah, right....."Huw Jenkins among shareholders set to make millions if they sell"

"Struggling club bought for £1m in 2002 is now valued at £100m""Jenkins’ 13.2% stake, which cost him £125,000 to buy, is valued at

£13.2m. He is understood not to be planning to sell all his shares and

is likely to remain the chairman if the takeover completes, because he

is widely credited with having run the club with great acumen, alongside

the other directors."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/19/swansea-city-owners-sale-takeover-us-investors

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Wow Jas, never seen you so animated! The simple answer to your ''rant'' is that nothing will change whilst Delia and Michael hold the majority shareholding. That, unfortunately looks like it will continue with the multi-talented nephew seemingly destined to take over their shares should they die or abdicate.

However, I do share your concerns. Two clubs I would like to mention have realised the only way to survive much less flourish in this league is to attract outside investment. Those clubs being Swansea and C. Palace. Similar clubs in all aspects.

Swansea''s Chairman, Huw Jenkins
stated earlier this season that he has for seen a major problem with Swansea''s attempts to move forward in that they are being stifled with a lack of money to compete against their peers. To alleviate this problem he actively went seeking investment from outside sources rather than resting on his laurels admiring the view in the Prem! He has acheived a £100m lifeline for his club, putting the club before his personal interests.

Likewise, Crystal Palace realised a major factor holding them back was that their facilities were 1st division at best. Rather than spend valuable transfer money on upgrading said facilities they too sourced outside investment to help with their predicament. £50m cash injection for a place on the Board. Not to much to ask IMO!

Two clubs, similar in size attracting outside investment and both have not sold their soul to the devil! Jenkins remains on the board of Swansea as does a 21% stake holding of the supporters! Likewise, Palaces board seems to remain intact although I''m not sure about the chairman''s position.

For all of the fans who say we shouldn''t sell out to ''furrin'' investment, thats fine, just don''t expect us to remain a Premier League team.

Think about this also. With the current structure of the Board there is little incentive for them to attract outside investment as it would dilute their holding over the club and one member, the CEO, would obviously be out of a job should an investor come knocking. Its not the CEO''s fault, that is just how business works in the real world.

Anyway, that''s my tuppence worth, Jas, again, impressed by your passion and good OP. If only it was felt throughout the club!

OTBC![/quote]Not quite accurate, as lapps indicated. Crystal Palace have hardly got £50m for just one place on the board, with the rest remaining intact. The two incoming Americans will each have an 18 per cent stake, as will Parrish, the current owner. He says he will have some kind of veto power to overrule anything the new investors want to do, and presumably he does. But this is not some altruistic minority investment, and who knows what will happen in the future.As for Swansea there is no certainty of a £100m lifeline. That figure is just the valuation of the club. There have been no public promises about how much money the new owners (who will have 60 per cent of the club) will put in, as opposed to what they are spending to buy the club. The supporters'' trust will keep a 21 per cent stake, but the best it can say now, rather plaintively, is that: "As the second largest shareholder, our views should not be ignored." This is not to say Swansea have sold their soul to the devil. Only time will tell that, but if they have there is not going to be much the supporters can do about it.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"] The supporters'' trust will keep a 21 per cent stake, but the best it can say now, rather plaintively, is that: "As the second largest shareholder, our views should not be ignored." This is not to say Swansea have sold their soul to the devil. Only time will tell that, but if they have there is not going to be much the supporters can do about it.[/quote]There you have in a short paragraph from no other than our well respected poster Purple why Trusts can talk the talk all they like but if 21% does not hold sway with how a club operates in the boardroom being '' the voice of the fans '' counts for didderly squat.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]....live a good life off the back of a football club underperforming?  [/quote]Give me strength, it''s like going back in time six years. What exactly have the owners got out of this club that has enabled them to "live a good life" which they couldn''t have done with the money they would have if they hadn''t bought the club? Not to mention the enormous amount of time they would have got back from not having to attend EVERY game, plus meetings and so on? On top of the abuse they get from trolls and fantasists...

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]....live a good life off the back of a football club underperforming?  [/quote]Give me strength, it''s like going back in time six years. What exactly have the owners got out of this club that has enabled them to "live a good life" which they couldn''t have done with the money they would have if they hadn''t bought the club? Not to mention the enormous amount of time they would have got back from not having to attend EVERY game, plus meetings and so on? On top of the abuse they get from trolls and fantasists...[/quote][Y]

"Yes we could be Leeds or Charlton, equally we could be Watford or Swansea"...huh?..nothing special about Swansea mate, in fact just a few short seasons ago you could have reversed the roles of Charlton and Swansea, in 2 or 3 seasons they may easily reverse themselves again.Your OP said about signing relegation players, well its not the Board who sign players last i looked.  Inexperienced manager? Well, inexperience or experience is no gaurantee of success. Later in in this topic there was talk of Palace and about them getting a new ground. DM said very recently in an interview how Colney is getting serious investment for an upgrade in facilities, a thing i really hope goes ahead even if we drop down into the Champs as looks likely. AN, our inexperienced manager, got us into the Prem. just 12 short months ago, giving City good finance, even for next season thru parachute payments, should we drop down.DM would also love to see Carra as a 40k capacity ground before he leaves. Anyone can compare us to any of the other 91 football clubs to argue about us as a success or fail, but that''s just pointless. The Board are doing fine, have been for the last 5 or 6 yrs, leave em be to carry on the long term running of our club.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]....live a good life off the back of a football club underperforming?  [/quote]Give me strength, it''s like going back in time six years. What exactly have the owners got out of this club that has enabled them to "live a good life" which they couldn''t have done with the money they would have if they hadn''t bought the club? Not to mention the enormous amount of time they would have got back from not having to attend EVERY game, plus meetings and so on? On top of the abuse they get from trolls and fantasists...[/quote]
***standing ovation from forces of light***