Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Relegation Melancholywobbles - Blog Post

My latest Blog. Savour the good days, they keep you sane when it''s bad. 
There''s still a chance we''ll do this. If we manage it, the season we''re all so disappointed with right now will become one to remember. Let''s consider that in the next three games and see where it takes us.
OTBC

It has not been a good season but we can still survive so we have to keep going with the hope. Duncan, your posts and blogs nearly always have balance between hope and realism and with gentle humour. One of the best things about this MB. Keep on!

Good read! I know the saying "the table doesn''t lie " and I agree that our possible relegation could be totally unnecessary. What makes this season so frustrating is seeing some of the teams, ie West Brom, Swansea, Watford safe for another year, and knowing that these teams are no better than us.

Good blog.

I know people repeat the mantra the table doesn''t lie and another favourite is it all evens out over the season. Both of them have no foundation whatsoever.

The truth is that football is a game of narrow margins which is often decided by 2 or 3 incidents which could go either way (including the officials'' decisions), so over a 38 game season, if it comes down to a handful of points separating success and failure, with 3 points for a win, it can easily come down to a few key moments in a tiny number of games making all the difference, and those key moments could easily go the other way.

So I would say the table gives a reasonably approximate idea of how good the different teams are and there''s no guarantee that things even out - ever - because life''s not fair.  

Normally find your blogs quite interesting Duncan but this one is a little bland compared to your usual high standard.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Normally find your blogs quite interesting Duncan but this one is a little bland compared to your usual high standard.[/quote]
Shocker.

hogesar wrote the following post at 04/05/2016 10:39 AM:

Vanwink wrote:

Normally find your blogs quite interesting Duncan but this one is a little bland compared to your usual high standard.

"Shocker."

Are you referring to the blog or my comment Hogesar?

If you wish to comment on my comment that''s fine, but it may have been better as a follow up to your own opinion on the blog.😄

Perfectly entertaining read, I thought.  Just mind the temptation to drop a cliché where you are capable of a far more individual style of expression and especially watch for it in the early bits of your work where a casual reader might say "meh" and click elsewhere, e.g. your paragraph 2:
"On the one hand, that elation, that adrenaline rush and the giddy feeling of collective achievement took me right back to Wembley. The day when everything and everyone came together. The sky was the limit and all the trials and tribulations that had gone before evaporated in it’s inherent brightness."
Hat-trick!
And what is "inherent brightness"?
Picky, picky.
Good read, cheers [Y]

Cheers Bor, I did consider a couple of the points you mentioned post publish but I''d written it on my phone at work and is a bleeder to proof read.

I always enjoy your critique👍

OTBC

It''s very easy to be critical but your writing is better than the majority of blogs in what is a crowded market. Have you looked at Little Yellow Bird? Your style would fit.