Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Josh Murphy - Player of the Season

I don''t think it''s been mentioned, but yesterday Josh Murphy won the MK Dons'' player of the year award.

If we are to be relegated, do people think he could do a job for us in the first team?

I think he certainly deserves an opportunity to impress over pre-season. He played in a poor team that got relegated yet scored a few and got 9 assists I believe, which isn''t bad.

I believe the twins are or are soon to be twenty one.

Time for promise to be realised, one way or the other.

Certs for the squad if we go down, IMO.

YorkshirePudding wrote the following post at 04/05/2016 11:34 AM:

I don''t think it''s been mentioned, but yesterday Josh Murphy won the MK Dons'' player of the year award.

If we are to be relegated, do people think he could do a job for us in the first team?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he may well do a job for us (starting or on the bench) if we don''t get relegated.

He is far better than many give him credit for.

Based on what I''ve seen from Jarvis both Murphy''s are better than him.And arguably both have as much skill and potential as Redmond which will be handy when he goes.

Redmond will leave this summer regardless, as he only has a year left on his contract. If we go down we will probably lose Brady too, and Jarvis would be no great loss if he left. Can''t see why anyone would not want to give both of the Murphys a place in the squad at the very least.

Big well done Josh, great achievement to be POS in any team, even more so when on loan at his age.

Should be in our squad next season, also expect MK Dons to try and sign him in the summer, would be a coup for them if they have ambitions of bouncing back, so will be interesting to see what our reaction is, if or when a bid comes in.

I think this season will have done him the world of good, playing week in week out (admittedly in a struggling side) must really aid his development.

Should we go down I fully expect him to a play a role in our squad next season. Ideal replacement for Redmond as well if he leaves.

We will need good championship players next season to get out of the championship. If he is good enough to be player of the season in a struggling side that was nevertheless in the championship i am sure he will make a very positive contribution for us next season. There is doom and gloom about relegation i know but one of the good things is seeing our youngsters given a chance they would never get in the top flight and some of this crop will probably be hits

Pleased for him, well done. Agreed he could well replace Redmond, should he not renew his contract. Our pots is hard to call, Brady or O'' Neil for me so far. Hopeful someone will be a hero and step up in our remaining games though.

I think there may be a small silver lining if we go down in the form of youth. Josh Murphy is now a proven Championship goal scorer with 9 assists and a PPOTY award in his first season. Jacob Murphy has scored 9 goals in league 1 this season along side his promising teammate James Maddison who was sought after by Liverpool and other top teams. Then we have Harry Toffolo, had a great season last year, struggled a bit with injuries this season but is now winning games for Peterborough. He would be great back up for Olsson and it would allow Brady (if we keep him) to stay on his favored left wing. We also have Ben Godfrey who won League two apprentice of the year. He may need some loan time, but we are a team in need of a new look CM partnership. Finally we have Louis Thompson, he''s performed consistently in league 1 over a couple of seasons now, is it time for him to step up? (If he can).

There will be plenty of options regarding youth if we go down, however i think if we stay up, only a couple of these players will get close to our first team next season. What do you guys think?

hogesar wrote the following post at 04/05/2016 11:41 AM:

I think he certainly deserves an opportunity to impress over pre-season. He played in a poor team that got relegated yet scored a few and got 9 assists I believe, which isn''t bad.

Delighted for Josh and hopefully Adams will be able to give a glowing report and recommend his suitability for inclusion in next seasons squad, depending on the outcome of this season.

Pre season made Mulumbu look good and is a vey poor indication of form.

Worth a place in the squad, as reserve scapegoat for when Russell Martin doesn''t play (and when Redmond inevitably leaves).

Apples

Appreciate all the plaudits for Josh Murphy etc but next season is a season where we either have to keep as much of our players togther, and add one or two proven, hardened Championship players as it is crucial we try bounce back again first time, because after that first season it becomes even more difficult. I don''t think it''s a season to be trying to chuck in lots of youth players. But I do understand how one or two could compliment the group, like a Murphy or a Maddison, not to rely on though.

Just had a look at the Mk dons forum looks like he got ''''players player ofthe season" not the one voted by fans. Seems a mixed opinion on him some seem to find him frustrating, however I have to say the players opinion is IMO better value.

All fans find all attacking players "a bit frustrating", it is part of the game. He will have learned much and will be a first team player next season I reckon.

Agree - Player''s player is even better! Presumably shows that he is doing all the "team things" that sometimes fans miss.

To much money at stake I think. If we are to be relegated we will be a big club in the Championship. I believe we will be building a team that will be no risk.

If AN plays youngsters and it does not work he will be crucified.

IF we go down its a chance to rebuild a team and build a team for the next few years

if we keep the team we have and lucky enough to go straight back up then we have to rebuild the team pre season before a premiership season

better to blood the younger players next season then IF we do go up with have a team that know a system and have gelled and younger better fresher team than this season