Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

So, apparently we're the third most inept team in the Premier League!

That looks like a complicated way of restating the actual league table. I assume someone gets paid for this.

It will be a comfort to Man Utd fans that despite Leicesters efforts to win the league they can point to this table to prove that they were the best team this season.

A presentation will take place at the end of the last game of the season where LVG will announce that UEFA has granted their application to enter the Champions League on the back of this success.

Ok, a table produced with a little tongue-in- cheek, but a table, if one was needed, that exonerates AN and lays the blame for Norwich''s predicament firmly at the feet of the players.

Much of it is tongue in cheek but there are a few things here that actually matter.

Conceding goals in stoppage time, which to me is down to lack of fitness and/or lack of concentration.  We''re the highest offenders here which is disappointing - when you''re one of the weaker teams you need to work hard and concentrate for the full 96 or however many minutes are played.  Not happy with this one.

I see we don''t get marked down for missing penalties, probably getting awarded just the one helps with that.  They also point out that they don''t give negative marks for conceding penalties, because that is "often down to refereeing incompetence".  Never were truer words said ! 

Just goes to show that stats often prove nothing. Would you rather our position in the Guardian table reflected our actual League position , or be like Sunderland, who, according to the stats, should be well clear of delegation ?

I''m shocked we''re not top of the table by miles for throw ins straight to the opposition. That drives me up the bloody wall! The ball is hard enough to win back and keep in this league without us messing up our throw ins.

I''m really surprised WBA lead that table though. When you think of Pulis teams you think boring but efficient and well drilled. I''m surprised at how loose some of their stats are.